Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Is It That Time? The Official 2015 Secret Santa Announcement!

Is It That Time? The Official 2015 Secret Santa Announcement!

Hide Wikipost
Old Apr 19, 16, 4:10 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: steveman518
Wiki Link
Please remember to PM wharvey both when you ship your gifts (with contents and tracking for each recipient) and when you receive your gifts (with contents and a name for your santa if possible)!

Posting photos:
Alternatively: Upload your image to somewhere on the internet (a list can be found in the wiki here, and I also can recommend imgur). Once the image is uploaded, right click on the image (control-click or click with two fingers for those of you with macs), click on "copy image URL". Then in your post in this thread, paste the image URL that you previously copied between two image tags, so the result looks like:
[img]your URL here[/img]

There is no "gifts sent" part this time around-PM your sent gifts to wharvey! (though feel free to post it in the thread)

Gifts Received
Please please please PM wharvey when you have received/opened your gifts!
Include pictures if you can-and please only link to posts once you have unwrapped your gifts!
380fanatic #1
98103 #1 #2
balima #1 #2 #3
BillScann #1
BunE #1
BXIAN #1 (part 2) #2 #3
canforce #1 #2 #3
Catch330 #1 #2
Catman #1
CDTraveler #1 (part 2) #2
ckidder331 #1
compubit #1 #2 #3
CPH-Flyer #1 #2
danam #1 #2
Deds1 #1 #2
DevilDawg1960 #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
dibby #1 #2 #3
diburning #1
erikatcuse #1
eunduklee #1 #2
extramileage #1 #2
fadynaime #1
flipsta #1 #2 #3
Fleyem2thamoun #1
FlyingCow #1 #2 #3 #4
Fragola #1 #2 (part 2) #3 (part 2)
Gberg #1
Glamette #1 #2
grbflyer #1 #2
gsch #1 #2
hijiji #1
jamesteroh #1
Jinxy #1 #2 #3
jturner7 #1
kauppias #1 #2
kenme1 #1
KimmyAA #1 #2
kipper #1 #2 #3
levenhopper #1 #2 (part 1) #3 #4 #5 #6
Lisabeth #1 #2 #3
lisamcgu #1 (part 2)
Litning77 #1 #2
LM225 #1 #2
lukasvolker #1 #2
madguy2 #1
malexander131 #1
Marcia3641 #1 #2
mdovenmuehler #1
MiffSC #1 #2 #3
miko2a #1
Mileage Lover #1 #2
missydarlin #1
MrDPlus #1 (part 2) #2 #3 (picture)
nomadic.relief #1 #2
oenophilist #1 #2 (pictures)
ohlradio #1
oliver2002 #1
onfo #1 #2
onthewaytoadventure #1 #2
pbjag #1 #2
poohbear808 #1
PSUPaul#1 #2
Redhead #1 #2 (part 2) #3 #4 #5 (part 2)
#6 #7
RockinRon #1 #2
rxfleming #1 #2 #3 #4
sahiljain22 #1
samosa #1 #2
sandratravels #1 #2
santina91 #1 #2
SDQBound #1
Shuttle_Endeavour #1 #2
SteveHK #1
steveman518 #1 (part 2) #2 #3 #4
singtx #1 (pictures)
taseas #1
theacendahole #1 #2
The Deal Mommy #1 #2
thehowieee #1 #2 #3
thorpeflyer #1 #2
TokyoFoodie #1 #2 #3 #4
tzvilev #1 #2 #3 #4
vvbkumar #1
WhatTheMiguel #1
WIRunner #1 (part 2) #2
YQMYMM #1 #2
YVRorange #1
Print Wikipost

Old Dec 3, 15, 6:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Came home to another Amazon package. It included a Pittsburgh Pirates bottle koozie that I love (it looks like a little bottle sweater!), and the The Oxford Companion to Beer. Wow, is there a lot of information that I never even considered in the book! I think that's going to be a huge reading project for me. Thank you, theacendahole!
Old Dec 3, 15, 6:28 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, Marriot Lifetime Silver
A beautiful magnum of Bordeaux arrived from Santa today! Yay!!!! Now to invite some wino friends over and enjoy.

Thank you Santa!
Old Dec 3, 15, 8:54 pm

Came home today to find a nicely wrapped package in the parcel locker-apparently it had been sitting there for about a week and I wasn't notified by the complex's manager, and only found it because a personal package that arrived today was placed right next to it-whoops!

I opened the package (after I destroyed the wrapping) to find a great assortment of gifts: Exploding Kittens (a card game-no kittens will be harmed in its playing), Coup (another card game), Maggi (a ramen brand popular in southeast asia), Bertie Bott's every flavor beans, a lake toba keychain, and some cards and a pin from some games. What's that depicted on the pin?

Thanks so much madguy2!

ETA: ate the jelly beans, and I'd have to say half of them were either booger, rotten egg, or vomit...

Last edited by steveman518; Dec 4, 15 at 2:36 pm
Old Dec 3, 15, 10:47 pm

Programs: Worldperks Silver, Dividend Miles Silver, Rapid Rewards

Received my first package today! So excited to participate in the secret santa for the first time and so far so great! All the way from Switzerland! I love me some batman memorabilia. Thank you SwissCircle!!!

Last edited by theacendahole; Dec 3, 15 at 10:52 pm Reason: PICTURE CHANGE
Old Dec 3, 15, 10:53 pm

Programs: Worldperks Silver, Dividend Miles Silver, Rapid Rewards
Originally Posted by kipper View Post
Came home to another Amazon package. It included a Pittsburgh Pirates bottle koozie that I love (it looks like a little bottle sweater!), and the The Oxford Companion to Beer. Wow, is there a lot of information that I never even considered in the book! I think that's going to be a huge reading project for me. Thank you, theacendahole!
You are very welcome. Glad you enjoyed!
Old Dec 4, 15, 1:26 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by theacendahole View Post

Received my first package today! So excited to participate in the secret santa for the first time and so far so great! All the way from Switzerland! I love me some batman memorabilia. Thank you SwissCircle!!!
You are very welcome! Hope you enjoy the book as well.
Old Dec 4, 15, 5:53 am

Originally Posted by steveman518 View Post
Came home today to find a nicely wrapped package in the parcel locker-apparently it had been sitting there for about a week and I wasn't notified by the complex's manager, and only found it because a personal package that arrived today was placed right next to it-whoops!

I opened the package (after I destroyed the wrapping) to find a great assortment of gifts: Exploding Kittens (a card game-no kittens will be harmed in its playing), Coup (another card game), Maggi (a ramen brand popular in southeast asia, Bertie Bott's every flavor beans, a lake toba keychain, and some cards and a pin from some games. What's that depicted on the pin?

Thanks so much madguy2!

ETA: ate the jelly beans, and I'd have to say half of them were either booger, rotten egg, or vomit...
Exploding kittens??? Do tell!
Old Dec 4, 15, 6:48 am

Originally Posted by rxfleming View Post
Well, woke up today to receive my first gift. Thank you very much to my Secret Sant from Shrewsbury in England.

I received some very unique Welsh Single Malt (thank you very much!!), some Chinese Tea and a Swiss Avro Model. As well as a handwritten Card.

Your Santa doesn't really live in Shrewsbury, he was just there when he sent it

Not a lot of items, but I hope the whisky goes down well. I had a different bottle lined up, but ended up flying to England with just hand luggage. It's a worthy alternative though.
Old Dec 4, 15, 10:26 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond
This came today--wrapped too to really get me in the holiday spirit! Curious though I may be, I'm going to leave these treats wrapped until closer to Christmas day. (Not sure I can wait three weeks!)
Old Dec 4, 15, 11:57 am
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
Few Santa Updates:

1. Today is the last day to sign up for Secret Santa or add an additional assignment. I will get the final assignments out this weekend. There will be NO MORE assignments after this weekend.

2. I am getting concerned that I have so very many blank spots in my spreadsheet.... I am sure some of you have already shipped. I need to know what you sent to who.

3. I am getting updates from people who got gifts.... they are telling me what they got but I have no idea from whom since people are not telling me. Understand, if you do not tell me what you sent you will not get credit (since many people are receiving from more than one person).
Old Dec 4, 15, 12:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
A package arrived, yesterday apparently but it sat in the office unknown to me. Inside was a rather large V-8 engine model. Thank you to ???. It will make a great spring project!

Old Dec 4, 15, 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by kipper View Post
Exploding kittens??? Do tell!
It's a card game where you do your best to not get eliminated by drawing an exploding kitten card, and actively sabotaging the deck (within the rules, of course ) to get everyone else to draw the exploding kitten card when it's their turn*. If you're familiar with The Oatmeal comics they helped design the game, so a little bit of silly humor is involved

*No actual kittens were exploded during the making or playing of the game...I hope, but it doesn't mean you can't try to scare your own kittens with these cards
Old Dec 4, 15, 5:16 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Westjet Rewards
The office was just about to close the doors for the day and a box from Amazon came. A very light, long box. At first my staff thought it was a delivery of fluorescent light bulbs! Then of course they all wanted to know what was inside.

It turned out to be a large blue velvet bag and bow, and a laminated world map inside along with a card from an unknown Secret Santa. The card inside says it`s only part of the shipment so I`m curious to find out what the rest of the gift is. Pictures will be posted when I get everything together.
Old Dec 4, 15, 6:26 pm

Originally Posted by steveman518 View Post
It's a card game where you do your best to not get eliminated by drawing an exploding kitten card, and actively sabotaging the deck (within the rules, of course ) to get everyone else to draw the exploding kitten card when it's their turn*. If you're familiar with The Oatmeal comics they helped design the game, so a little bit of silly humor is involved

*No actual kittens were exploded during the making or playing of the game...I hope, but it doesn't mean you can't try to scare your own kittens with these cards
That sounds like a great game!
Old Dec 4, 15, 7:10 pm
fadynaime

Programs: TK Elite Miles&Smlies, Jet Blue, Platinum medallion, Marriott Gold
here goes to never remembering what I got from amazon. just opened my gift from ckidder331. loved the gifts. here is a pic of what I got.

this was such a great gift. now I can drink in the name of learning.

thank you ckidder331

Last edited by fnaime23; Dec 4, 15 at 7:21 pm

Search this Thread