Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Is It That Time? The Official 2015 Secret Santa Announcement!

Is It That Time? The Official 2015 Secret Santa Announcement!

Hide Wikipost
Old Apr 19, 16, 4:10 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: steveman518
Wiki Link
Please remember to PM wharvey both when you ship your gifts (with contents and tracking for each recipient) and when you receive your gifts (with contents and a name for your santa if possible)!

Posting photos:
Alternatively: Upload your image to somewhere on the internet (a list can be found in the wiki here, and I also can recommend imgur). Once the image is uploaded, right click on the image (control-click or click with two fingers for those of you with macs), click on "copy image URL". Then in your post in this thread, paste the image URL that you previously copied between two image tags, so the result looks like:
[img]your URL here[/img]

There is no "gifts sent" part this time around-PM your sent gifts to wharvey! (though feel free to post it in the thread)

Gifts Received
Please please please PM wharvey when you have received/opened your gifts!
Include pictures if you can-and please only link to posts once you have unwrapped your gifts!
380fanatic #1
98103 #1 #2
balima #1 #2 #3
BillScann #1
BunE #1
BXIAN #1 (part 2) #2 #3
canforce #1 #2 #3
Catch330 #1 #2
Catman #1
CDTraveler #1 (part 2) #2
ckidder331 #1
compubit #1 #2 #3
CPH-Flyer #1 #2
danam #1 #2
Deds1 #1 #2
DevilDawg1960 #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
dibby #1 #2 #3
diburning #1
erikatcuse #1
eunduklee #1 #2
extramileage #1 #2
fadynaime #1
flipsta #1 #2 #3
Fleyem2thamoun #1
FlyingCow #1 #2 #3 #4
Fragola #1 #2 (part 2) #3 (part 2)
Gberg #1
Glamette #1 #2
grbflyer #1 #2
gsch #1 #2
hijiji #1
jamesteroh #1
Jinxy #1 #2 #3
jturner7 #1
kauppias #1 #2
kenme1 #1
KimmyAA #1 #2
kipper #1 #2 #3
levenhopper #1 #2 (part 1) #3 #4 #5 #6
Lisabeth #1 #2 #3
lisamcgu #1 (part 2)
Litning77 #1 #2
LM225 #1 #2
lukasvolker #1 #2
madguy2 #1
malexander131 #1
Marcia3641 #1 #2
mdovenmuehler #1
MiffSC #1 #2 #3
miko2a #1
Mileage Lover #1 #2
missydarlin #1
MrDPlus #1 (part 2) #2 #3 (picture)
nomadic.relief #1 #2
oenophilist #1 #2 (pictures)
ohlradio #1
oliver2002 #1
onfo #1 #2
onthewaytoadventure #1 #2
pbjag #1 #2
poohbear808 #1
PSUPaul#1 #2
Redhead #1 #2 (part 2) #3 #4 #5 (part 2)
#6 #7
RockinRon #1 #2
rxfleming #1 #2 #3 #4
sahiljain22 #1
samosa #1 #2
sandratravels #1 #2
santina91 #1 #2
SDQBound #1
Shuttle_Endeavour #1 #2
SteveHK #1
steveman518 #1 (part 2) #2 #3 #4
singtx #1 (pictures)
taseas #1
theacendahole #1 #2
The Deal Mommy #1 #2
thehowieee #1 #2 #3
thorpeflyer #1 #2
TokyoFoodie #1 #2 #3 #4
tzvilev #1 #2 #3 #4
vvbkumar #1
WhatTheMiguel #1
WIRunner #1 (part 2) #2
YQMYMM #1 #2
YVRorange #1
Print Wikipost

Old Dec 2, 15, 5:57 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, Marriot Lifetime Silver
Two packages from Santa(s) arrived today and are sitting under the tree in their lovely wrapped boxes. One from says that I'll need it to open another part of a gift. The other is from Amazon. I'm being good and not even looking at the gift receipt envelopes! This is hard! Not sure if they are from the same Santa or not. Will post after Christmas.

Thanks Santa(s)
Old Dec 2, 15, 6:30 pm

Programs: Delta,SPG, Hyatt
Originally Posted by singtx View Post
Sent all four gifts! PM'd Wharvey.

Hope you like all the items sent....give more info next year! Ha!

-singtx
Three deliveries confirmed...fourth is local gift, with no way of tracking...but assume delivered.

-singtx
Old Dec 2, 15, 7:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Lifetime Platinum, MR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Received my gifts from Devildawg1960; $50 Cabela's GC, two St. Louis Cardinals ornaments and a book about the St. Louis Cardinals (yes I am a fan). Very much appreciated and all will be put to good use.
Old Dec 2, 15, 7:52 pm

Received an amazing package from Michael from Idaho today-basically checked off half my wishlist at once

I tore through the box and was amazed to find a pair of Razer Kraken Pro headphones, The Children's War, an organic tea set, an Invicta diver's watch, and a bunch of sweets (Go organic fruit chews, Reese's spreads snacksters, snickers bites, Hershey's king size milk chocolate with almonds, and Twizzlers pull'n'peel candy). WOW WOW I'm over the moon with this package-I would have been beyond elated with even half the package that I received. By any chance you also had me last year? Interestingly enough I did have the watch on my wish list last year-though one can never have too many (though one of my older watches just broke, so now I have this one and one I received last year).

With two pairs of headphones received this means I can leave one at the office instead of taking a pair back and forth

PS: Now I feel like such an inadequate santa

Last edited by steveman518; Dec 2, 15 at 8:48 pm
Old Dec 2, 15, 8:45 pm
fadynaime

Programs: TK Elite Miles&Smlies, Jet Blue, Platinum medallion, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by tzvilev View Post
Just received my first gift! Amazon Gift Card! I'd hate to make my santa feel bad because it was very nice of them to give me freedom to choose what to buy, and they obviously had good intentions, but I feel it's important to note that SS has a lot more potential than a bunch of people just trading $50 with each other. Take a risk and buy your giftee something they might love and would have never bought for themselves! Be creative!
I agree this makes sense. it was fun shopping and asking about the person and I feel proud of the gift and hope the person receiving it enjoys it. a gift card is just like here sending something to be done with this no thought or heart went into it.

of course if that gift card is big enough, my tone may change. :P lol
Old Dec 3, 15, 4:39 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Just received my first gift! Amazon Gift Card! I'd hate to make my santa feel bad because it was very nice of them to give me freedom to choose what to buy, and they obviously had good intentions, but I feel it's important to note that SS has a lot more potential than a bunch of people just trading $50 with each other. Take a risk and buy your giftee something they might love and would have never bought for themselves! Be creative!
I sent my first gift card last year. The recipient suggested it in their info, so that's what they received.
Old Dec 3, 15, 7:57 am

Received a few presents over the week after returning from holiday travels as well as a card, believe they're from two separate santas.

Package 1: Direct package with USPS label

Package 2: Uncommon Goods package, believe this one is for yours truly

Package 3: Photojojo package for the wife

Package 4: Amazon package for the family

We'll see how long I can hold off on opening
Old Dec 3, 15, 11:00 am
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
As I indicated to you in a private message; the gift card is only one part of the gift from that Santa. There are still a few items that you apparently have not received yet.

Old Dec 3, 15, 11:02 am
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
Santa reminder: Tomorrow is the deadline if you want to sign up or add another assignment to your list!
Old Dec 3, 15, 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by wharvey View Post
As I indicated to you in a private message; the gift card is only one part of the gift from that Santa. There are still a few items that you apparently have not received yet.
Well I feel foolish; I came off as totally ungrateful (which I'm not!). I only wanted to say that it adds a certain flair when you can see the thought put into the gift. Can't wait to see what's coming!
Old Dec 3, 15, 1:09 pm

Programs: Santa's Workshop
Originally Posted by kipper View Post
I sent my first gift card last year. The recipient suggested it in their info, so that's what they received.
Well I feel foolish; I came off as totally ungrateful (which I'm not!). I only wanted to say that it adds a certain flair when you can see the thought put into the gift. Can't wait to see what's coming!
When HeadElf53 participated, he requested a gift certificate to his favorite wine store. He was able to buy what he liked. A much better option then having any old bottle delivered. YMMV.

tzvi was my fathers first name, and Lev is my grandsons middle name.

Shhh, don't tell anyone that HeadElf53 will celebrate the first night of Hanukkah on Sunday night.
Old Dec 3, 15, 1:10 pm

Smile First present greately appreciated

I received a package yesterday from one of my Santas. It took two minutes to convince myself to open it and I was glad I did.
Here is my loot ....hmm I can't figure out how to post pictures but I got

A bag of Toblerone minis...all three types of chocolate
Two Kingsize bars of Freia Melkesjokolade and Firklover
A bag of Nidar Smash
And a Bukowski white rabbit

Thank you Santa
Old Dec 3, 15, 1:50 pm

Programs: AC
Received a gift in the mail from Missassauga today.

Not sure who my SS was, but thank you in advance. As mentioned before we wont open them up until closer to Christmas, but as soon as we do we will post pictures.

Thanks!
Old Dec 3, 15, 3:48 pm

Received an amazon box today! Gonna try to hold out until my birthday on the 22nd, but its very tempting...
Old Dec 3, 15, 5:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by HeadElf53 View Post
When HeadElf53 participated, he requested a gift certificate to his favorite wine store. He was able to buy what he liked. A much better option then having any old bottle delivered. YMMV.

tzvi was my fathers first name, and Lev is my grandsons middle name.

Shhh, don't tell anyone that HeadElf53 will celebrate the first night of Hanukkah on Sunday night.
I can understand that.

Happy Hanukkah.

Search this Thread