Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Is It That Time? The Official 2015 Secret Santa Announcement!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 16, 2015, 7:59 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: steveman518
Please remember to PM wharvey both when you ship your gifts (with contents and tracking for each recipient) and when you receive your gifts (with contents and a name for your santa if possible)!

Posting photos:
Alternatively: Upload your image to somewhere on the internet (a list can be found in the wiki here, and I also can recommend imgur). Once the image is uploaded, right click on the image (control-click or click with two fingers for those of you with macs), click on "copy image URL". Then in your post in this thread, paste the image URL that you previously copied between two image tags, so the result looks like:
[img]your URL here[/img]

There is no "gifts sent" part this time around-PM your sent gifts to wharvey! (though feel free to post it in the thread)

Gifts Received
Please please please PM wharvey when you have received/opened your gifts!
Include pictures if you can-and please only link to posts once you have unwrapped your gifts!
380fanatic #1
98103 #1 #2
balima #1 #2 #3
BillScann #1
BunE #1
BXIAN #1 (part 2) #2 #3
canforce #1 #2 #3
Catch330 #1 #2
Catman #1
CDTraveler #1 (part 2) #2
ckidder331 #1
compubit #1 #2 #3
CPH-Flyer #1 #2
danam #1 #2
Deds1 #1 #2
DevilDawg1960 #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
dibby #1 #2 #3
diburning #1
erikatcuse #1
eunduklee #1 #2
extramileage #1 #2
fadynaime #1
flipsta #1 #2 #3
Fleyem2thamoun #1
FlyingCow #1 #2 #3 #4
Fragola #1 #2 (part 2) #3 (part 2)
Gberg #1
Glamette #1 #2
grbflyer #1 #2
gsch #1 #2
hijiji #1
jamesteroh #1
Jinxy #1 #2 #3
jturner7 #1
kauppias #1 #2
kenme1 #1
KimmyAA #1 #2
kipper #1 #2 #3
levenhopper #1 #2 (part 1) #3 #4 #5 #6
Lisabeth #1 #2 #3
lisamcgu #1 (part 2)
Litning77 #1 #2
LM225 #1 #2
lukasvolker #1 #2
madguy2 #1
malexander131 #1
Marcia3641 #1 #2
mdovenmuehler #1
MiffSC #1 #2 #3
miko2a #1
Mileage Lover #1 #2
missydarlin #1
MrDPlus #1 (part 2) #2 #3 (picture)
nomadic.relief #1 #2
oenophilist #1 #2 (pictures)
ohlradio #1
oliver2002 #1
onfo #1 #2
onthewaytoadventure #1 #2
pbjag #1 #2
poohbear808 #1
PSUPaul#1 #2
Redhead #1 #2 (part 2) #3 #4 #5 (part 2)
#6 #7
RockinRon #1 #2
rxfleming #1 #2 #3 #4
sahiljain22 #1
samosa #1 #2
sandratravels #1 #2
santina91 #1 #2
SDQBound #1
Shuttle_Endeavour #1 #2
SteveHK #1
steveman518 #1 (part 2) #2 #3 #4
singtx #1 (pictures)
taseas #1
theacendahole #1 #2
The Deal Mommy #1 #2
thehowieee #1 #2 #3
thorpeflyer #1 #2
TokyoFoodie #1 #2 #3 #4
tzvilev #1 #2 #3 #4
vvbkumar #1
WhatTheMiguel #1
WIRunner #1 (part 2) #2
YQMYMM #1 #2
YVRorange #1
Print Wikipost

Is It That Time? The Official 2015 Secret Santa Announcement!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2015, 11:50 am
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
That is because you keep getting six packs of beer.... you would not be happy if you only got one bottle of beer!

Originally Posted by kipper
I usually do that, and most of the gifts I've received have been that way.
Old Nov 12, 2015, 11:52 am
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
Friendly reminder.... let me know if you want any additional Santa assignments. I had one person already ask for more!

Understand, if you ask for more assignments or sign up now, you will have to wait until I close the window on November 20th.
Old Nov 12, 2015, 7:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by wharvey
That is because you keep getting six packs of beer.... you would not be happy if you only got one bottle of beer!
LOL, mixed-sixers work quite well.
Old Nov 12, 2015, 8:53 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Not enough giftees?

I asked for 3 assignments, but only got 2. Are you holding back to make sure that last minute sign-ups are covered?
Old Nov 14, 2015, 7:08 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt
LOL, mixed-sixers work quite well.
Haha. That gives me an idea to do mixed sixers for someone Especially since I get a lot of interesting beers here in Madison.

Does glass bottled beer ship well?

I have this fear of sending glass through the postal service. I fear it will break very easily with the infamous USPS man-handling.

Last edited by madguy2; Nov 14, 2015 at 7:16 am
Old Nov 14, 2015, 7:13 am

On another note, I've spent some time shopping for 2 of my Secret Santa recipients.
Old Nov 14, 2015, 9:14 am

Programs: BA Silver, UA, DL Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by madguy2
Haha. That gives me an idea to do mixed sixers for someone Especially since I get a lot of interesting beers here in Madison.
I hope it's me
Old Nov 14, 2015, 3:12 pm

Programs: LH, BA
Shopped a bit for my 2 assignments and posted them. Fingers crossed hoping that they like the gifts.

Now i can concentrate on shopping for my upcoming vacation to my home country
Old Nov 14, 2015, 6:08 pm

If you were either too polite or too shy to reveal much about yourself in your sign-up, consider how very challenging you have made it for Santa to find you the perfect present.

My giftees clearly were raised to be modest, because they didn't give me much to work with. If you were one of the bashful ones, please consider reworking your description!
Old Nov 14, 2015, 7:02 pm

Does glass bottled beer ship well?

I have this fear of sending glass through the postal service. I fear it will break very easily with the infamous USPS man-handling.
I'm hoping you are my Santa.

I've not had a problem receiving glass bottles of beer, although they usually have been wrapped quite securely with bubble wrap.
Old Nov 14, 2015, 9:07 pm
Formerly known as kmht

Programs: Alcoholics Anonymous
Originally Posted by CDTraveler
If you were either too polite or too shy to reveal much about yourself in your sign-up, consider how very challenging you have made it for Santa to find you the perfect present.

My giftees clearly were raised to be modest, because they didn't give me much to work with. If you were one of the bashful ones, please consider reworking your description!
I am one of the bashful ones I guess.

About me:

My day job is a project manager for a heavy equipment dealer, on weekends I am an EMT. I am also part of the planning board for the town I live in.

I have 3 dogs who are rescues from the southern part of the United States: a Rottweiler / German Shepherd mix, a Golden Retriever / Collie mix, and a Shepherd mutt.

I love to travel when I can (personal travel mainly) and have been to Europe once so far last year and am returning this March (UK, Netherlands and Germany).

I love aviation (like just about everyone here), Commercial, Civilian and Military. My favorite airplanes are the C5 Galaxy and the Citation X.

I don't have many hobbies, I don't have time! I have been reading a lot about my heritage (Dutch) and learning more and more about the Dutch. I have started to collect Delftware, but it is hard to find locally and I don't care for Ebay.

Hopefully that will give whoever my Secret Santa is some more ideas about me. If this doesn't, I also accept hundred dollar bills

Edit: I forgot to say, I have found a couple of new loves, Scotch and those little KLM Delftware houses

Last edited by Litning77; Nov 16, 2015 at 1:06 pm
Old Nov 15, 2015, 6:05 pm

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by CDTraveler

If you're in need of more info from someone, you can PM me or one of the other persons who offered to help and we'll anonymously PM your recipient. Then we'll relay the answers to you.
Old Nov 16, 2015, 2:35 am
Suspended

I am one of the bashful ones...
About me:

I work / worked as a marketing / sales manager in the entertainment / hospitality industry.

I usually travel within Europe, long weekends in the big cities- art and theatre or relaxing weekends at some resort (those must feature saunas, roman bath or the like).

I started to go hunting, I love hiking, going out for a good meal and wine (heavy, dry and complex they must be). Good rum and malt whisky before, after, during dinner or whenever there`s a good reason

I am also a car / F1 enthusiast- love Bentley, Porsche and Ferrari.

I have a wife but no kids.

Guess that should help a bit.
Old Nov 16, 2015, 2:51 am

I'm hoping you are my Santa.

I've not had a problem receiving glass bottles of beer, although they usually have been wrapped quite securely with bubble wrap.
I'm not your secret santa but whoever is your secret santa should take note of this

I just found out that shipping alcohol across state lines is a tricky affair. USPS expressly prohibits alcohol shipments...

It seems that UPS and FedEx allow alcohol shipping of some sort but there is paperwork and apparently maybe some requirements of being a business before shipping alcohol? I need to research this some more. Seems to be a don't-ask-don't-tell kinda policy

One of my recipients is in the same state though so I figure I'd be able to at least give him some mixed sixers. hopefully.
Old Nov 16, 2015, 3:45 am

I'm not your secret santa but whoever is your secret santa should take note of this

I just found out that shipping alcohol across state lines is a tricky affair. USPS expressly prohibits alcohol shipments...

It seems that UPS and FedEx allow alcohol shipping of some sort but there is paperwork and apparently maybe some requirements of being a business before shipping alcohol? I need to research this some more. Seems to be a don't-ask-don't-tell kinda policy

One of my recipients is in the same state though so I figure I'd be able to at least give him some mixed sixers. hopefully.
I think the beer I've received has either been via UPS or has been a don't ask, don' tell, or both.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.