Reload this Page >

Flyertalk Chicago Seminars Dinner Do - Sat Oct 17, 2015

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flyertalk Chicago Seminars Dinner Do - Sat Oct 17, 2015

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2015, 9:42 pm

Programs: UA MM, AS MVP Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Sweet Willie
To all that have posted interest.

So sorry to report but the dinner will not happen this year.

I'll post a listing of restaurants that I'd recommend going to that are close to the host hotel.
Thanks so much for all of your time and effort in attempting to set this up. As it happens, I would not have been able to join you after all, but I am still very much looking forward to next weekend!

Last edited by alanro; Oct 11, 2015 at 9:49 pm
Old Oct 11, 2015, 9:56 pm

Programs: UA MM, AS MVP Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
All,

First, I would like to thank Sweet Willie so much for his efforts in attempting to organize this year's dinner. Thank you!

I've managed to secure reservations for 40 at Jimmy's Charhouse (1180 W. Devon Ave, Elk Grove, IL 60007) - located approximately 5 miles west of the Holiday Inn Chicago - Elk Grove. Reservations are at 8:00pm on Saturday, October 17th.

I'm still working to establish a prix fixe menu. I imagine the cost will be in the neighborhood of $40/person (alcohol not included). I'll keep everyone updated in the next few days as the menu develops. I'll also work to see if we can setup some sort of transportation option for those staying at the Holiday Inn Chicago - Elk Grove.

Would anyone be interested in joining? If so, I'll start a RSVP/waitlist in the next thread below. Given the short timing, I'd appreciate a firm commitment of anyone interested who's already confirmed to attend the Chicago Seminars.

While the venue might not be as spectacular as years past, it'll still be great to enjoy the company of so many FlyerTalkers. Please advise of any potential interest.

Cheers,
FlyerBeek
I'm afraid I won't be able to join you :-( but thank you for planning this and setting it up.
Old Oct 12, 2015, 7:11 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
At Sweet Willie's excellent suggestion, I will be starting a new thread for the revised dinner to avoid any confusion.

Given the surprisingly little interest shown so far (only 2 others), and in fairness to the restaurant, I'm reducing the reservation size to 20.

If anyone is still interested in attending, please post on the new thread. Thanks!

-FlyerBeek
Old Oct 12, 2015, 8:01 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
At Sweet Willie's excellent suggestion, I will be starting a new thread for the revised dinner to avoid any confusion.
Please follow FlyerBeek's dinner thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/commu...17-2015-a.html

I'll close this thread.

Willie
co mod CommunityBuzz forum

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.