Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Boston reDO: March 23, 6pm

Boston reDO: March 23, 6pm

Old Mar 23, 2015, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by emmasensei
Looking forward to seeing y'all tonight. I picked up some beer and am happy to chip in on any pizza ordering that may occur.
I thought I forgot my ID, glad I did so I can stop at the near by liquor store. I was going to bring a growler from Night Shift in Everett but I left it in the fridge. Did not want it to get warm since no place to store it at work

Originally Posted by GoGreen
Thanks! What the heck I'll take anything.
I learned it was more GBP that I had. Only 6 euros but I brought it anyways.

2x 2 euro coin
1x 1 euro coin
2x .5 euro coin
plus a few .2 euro coins
Old Mar 23, 2015, 2:42 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by mwshuster
Mike-

I am going to try to make it on Monday. Thanks for your hospitality.

Best.

Mark
What a marvelous first post! Look forward to meeting you, Mark.

Originally Posted by emmasensei
Looking forward to seeing y'all tonight. I picked up some beer and am happy to chip in on any pizza ordering that may occur.
Ditto...will try to stop by Trader Joes or Shaws along the way to grab some light munchies. And will also chip in should we order any food.

Originally Posted by CDKing
I thought I forgot my ID, glad I did so I can stop at the near by liquor store. I was going to bring a growler from Night Shift in Everett but I left it in the fridge. Did not want it to get warm since no place to store it at work
Oh, sadness. But that's okay...I was at Night Shift yesterday, so I guess I can go one day without drinking their beer.
Old Mar 23, 2015, 3:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP
I always doubt people want food from a Gamsol stained re-bachelor, so I'm coming with empty hands and an open wallet.

I've also got 30 Euros in that wallet, will be in Japan this weekend and have planned trips to Brazil and China. I'll exchange with people if desired, but I also like ATMs.
Old Mar 23, 2015, 8:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JY1024
Oh, sadness. But that's okay...I was at Night Shift yesterday, so I guess I can go one day without drinking their beer.
If you want to go again let me know. My next trip is on the 31st for their 3 year party. BTW, I'm a barrel society member so when with me you an access the beer on the special tap line
Old Mar 23, 2015, 9:01 pm

mikeef - As always, thanks so much for getting us together and for welcoming us into your home! Look forward to seeing everyone again at the summer Do.

And I didn't catch your handle - but for the gent who also works out in Seaport, let me know if you ever want to grab a beer/lunch. (Worst case, you'll find me occasionally pigging out at Flour when I have a craving for sticky buns. )

Originally Posted by CDKing
If you want to go again let me know. My next trip is on the 31st for their 3 year party. BTW, I'm a barrel society member so when with me you an access the beer on the special tap line
I was originally hoping to make the 3-year party, but I fly out of the country on April 1, so I may not be able to make it this year. I'm there almost every week, so would love to meet up for a beer!

I've been Barrel Society for a few years now. (Did you make the last BS party in Jan? Had a blast! SO much good food and good beer.)
Old Mar 24, 2015, 6:28 am

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AA Exec Plat, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
mikeef - As always, thanks so much for getting us together and for welcoming us into your home!
Agreed! Also, nice to meet a lot of new faces last night. Feel free to keep asking questions if you have them.

Scott
Old Mar 24, 2015, 8:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Nice seeing everyone last night. We had a lot of first-timers, which was great. Hope that you come back. I've been told that at least a couple of the first-timers left the Do ready to run out and get credit cards and start MSing, which is consistent with past Dos: the rookies are always the most excited.

Next Do will be sometime in the second half of June, likely back at our usual spot at Kinsale. That should not stop people from getting together in the meantime, of course, since the Boston community is a good one.

Mike
Old Mar 24, 2015, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

New and improved reminders for the next DO!

I've only been on Flyertalk 14 years, so I should be excused for not noticing that I can actually sort my PMs into folders. My bad.

For those who wish to get a reminder email for the next Do, please shoot me a PM and I will put your email in my folder. Then, when the time comes, I will access my handy-dandy folder and send everyone a PM.

Note: I'll try to remember to do this. Keep an eye on Community.
Note: If you send me a PM, chances are I'll just move your email and won't be replying. If you'd like a reply, please let me know.

Mike
Old Mar 24, 2015, 10:54 am

Programs: SPG Gold
Mike. Thank You very much for your efforts, hospitality and making the DO happen. I really had a good time talking to people with similar interests. Looking forward for the next meetup.

Cheers!
Old Mar 24, 2015, 12:28 pm
In memoriam

Programs: UA, US, AS, Marriott, Radisson, Hilton
Ditto to what ramkashyap said. It was as always great to drink beer
with like-minded friends, and mikeef is a terrific host.
Old Mar 24, 2015, 11:42 pm

Mike, thanks for hosting and inviting some new strangers (myself) into your home. It was nice too meet the group and we'll see you all at the next one, if not before.

And I didn't catch your handle - but for the gent who also works out in Seaport, let me know if you ever want to grab a beer/lunch. (Worst case, you'll find me occasionally pigging out at Flour when I have a craving for sticky buns. )
Definitely let me know, I'm always down for getting a couple beers after work.

-Nick
Old Mar 25, 2015, 5:43 am

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by ngarciatunon
Mike, thanks for hosting and inviting some new strangers (myself) into your home. It was nice too meet the group and we'll see you all at the next one, if not before.

-Nick
Ditto on the thanks for Mike.

And I work right around the corner by South Station, so if there's a Seaport happy hour brewing, give me a shout.

--larry
Old Mar 25, 2015, 6:05 am

Originally Posted by ngarciatunon

-Nick
Originally Posted by laryu
And I work right around the corner by South Station, so if there's a Seaport happy hour brewing, give me a shout.

--larry
Excellent! Hopefully the weather will get better soon and we can hit an outdoor patio (e.g., Society on High, Intercontinental, Daily Catch, etc.). Or we just grab a growler from Trillium and drink at one of our offices.
Old Mar 25, 2015, 6:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by laryu
Ditto on the thanks for Mike.

--larry
I'm in.

Mike
Old Mar 26, 2015, 6:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mikeef
I'm in.

Mike
Me too considering i bus it in to SS.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.