Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Boston reDO: March 23, 6pm

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2015, 5:29 am

Programs: All of 'em.
I'm in!

Emily here--met several of you at the Fall DO. I'm in for the 23rd!
Old Feb 17, 2015, 6:24 am

...and a probable plus-one

I'll be hauling along an indoctrinated friend, who went from newbie to expert churner in record time.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by emmasensei
I'll be hauling along an indoctrinated friend, who went from newbie to expert churner in record time.
Don't know if there's a referral bonus, though.

Didn't you bring a friend last time? Those ones are always the best. At the beginning of the night, they think we're crazy. By the end of the night, they're applying for credit cards.

Mike
Old Feb 17, 2015, 10:19 am

Spreading the crazy

Hehe, nope, I came alone last time--I'm the one with the long blonde hair, and I've been known to pose as Marathon Man's niece for inquisitive Walmart cashiers. (I am not his niece. But I am also not his mistress.)

This newbie is a champ, though. I only gave her a single website to start her research and she got right down to work...later that week showed up with a notebook full of budget charts, her own spreadsheet, and two card approvals already under her belt. Since she doesn't need spoonfeeding like so many other noobs, I thought I'd bring her into the elite secret society. ^
Old Feb 17, 2015, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by emmasensei
Hehe, nope, I came alone last time--I'm the one with the long blonde hair, and I've been known to pose as Marathon Man's niece for inquisitive Walmart cashiers. (I am not his niece. But I am also not his mistress.)

This newbie is a champ, though. I only gave her a single website to start her research and she got right down to work...later that week showed up with a notebook full of budget charts, her own spreadsheet, and two card approvals already under her belt. Since she doesn't need spoonfeeding like so many other noobs, I thought I'd bring her into the elite secret society. ^
Yup, I remember, just put the newbie with the wrong person. But the MM stories were fun; I remember how "comfortable" you felt being his mistress.

Your friend did a spreadsheet and a cost-benefit analysis? That's absolutely awesome.

Mike
Old Feb 17, 2015, 10:26 am

Yep! Well, I'm a native New Englander who got lost in the South for 20 years. Moved up here to Boston last summer from Charlottesville, Virginia, which had to be the single best place on earth for MS. I'm suffering now, relatively, although I may actually try my first Target load tonight in Somerville.

You know it's serious when you want to hop a train from JP to Somerville in this weather...but I neeeeeed my MR points.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 2:19 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
For those who have not met me last time at the fall DO, I'm a guy who works on the other side of MSing, behind the scenes, as a bookkeeper at a large chain store. I don't know much about the tricks to MS, but maybe I can learn from a few of you!
Old Feb 20, 2015, 6:55 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Jetblue Mosaic (past)
Count me in! I should just be back from some extended warm weather travel in HI and CA...so I'll be the one shivering in the corner and maybe crying a little bit.
Old Feb 20, 2015, 7:21 am

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AA Exec Plat, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Sounds good. Count me in.
Old Feb 20, 2015, 10:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Done!

Mike
Old Feb 20, 2015, 11:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
I'm in. So, this is at your house, Mike?
Old Feb 20, 2015, 11:51 am

Programs: AA, UA, US, DL, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Club C. Gold, Marriott Silver
Count me in! Thanks Mike!
Old Feb 20, 2015, 2:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Ill try and show up to collect Dutch candies and plot wars against the proponents of over exposure which essentially fueled the demise of much MS. Wont be much else to talk about there though, except if you have ST.
Old Feb 21, 2015, 8:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tkey75
I'm in. So, this is at your house, Mike?
I think so, just due to the difficulty of securing restaurant area. If there are objections to Brookline, though, please let me know.

For those who have never been, I'm right on the green line and have plenty of street parking. We'll probably do pot luck and order pizza.

Mike
Old Feb 21, 2015, 9:55 am

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Hyatt Plat, SPG/MAR Gold, Nat'l EEE
Thanks for organizing Mike! Count me in, with a possible +1 (my wife, the non-points enthusiast who has to endure all my crazy adventures)...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.