Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

HO HO HO! It is time to sign up for 2014 FT Secret Santa!

HO HO HO! It is time to sign up for 2014 FT Secret Santa!

Hide Wikipost
Old Feb 9, 15, 5:08 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: steveman518
Wiki Link
Remember to PM wharvey when you ship your gifts out (including contents and tracking numbers) and when you receive presents (including contents)!
This wikipost is not a completely authoritative resource of Secret Santa progress, but a resource to see what everyone has received
Don't forget to include pictures if you can!

Alternatively: To include pictures in your posts, upload your picture to somewhere on the internet (a list of sites can be found in the wiki here). Then, use the image tags to post the picture, making sure to use the URL of the picture itself instead of the webpage ([IMG]the URL of the picture[/IMG], making sure that the URL contains the .JPG/.PNG/.GIF/whatever).

Gifts Sent
98103 (2)
aaucello (4)
adampenrith (1)
AhogZ (3)
AMRivlin (4)
Artemio
AZinAZ (1)
B7e7US (4)
BelfastFlyer
Bravada04 (1)
canforce (2)
CDTraveler (2)
cmn.jcs (1)
CPH-Flyer (1)
DevilDawg1960 (5)
davrossuk (2)
dibby (2)
Dolphin2 (1)
elleana (2)
evanderm (3)
flipstah (3)
FlyingCow (3)
FlyerBeek (2)
flyerred
hdawg (6)
HGHUA
houseontheprairie (1)
iamthehpt (6)
In2ishn (1)
jameslon (3)
Jamier45
JanoSicek (2)
Jinxy (6)
JVPhoto (2)
KelseyR (2)
KennyBSAT (2)
kipper (2)
levenhopper (5)
maskedmesothorium (1)
miffSC (4 )
MissJoeyDFW (2)
missydarlin (2)
MrDplus (4)
ndrk (2)
nlkm9 (1)
nomadic.relief (2)
oliver2002(1)
Onfo (1)
onthewaytoadventure (1)
pbjag (3)
Philfna
plon (2)
Points Scrounger (1)
Polomarc (1)
PSUPaul (4)
Redhead (6)
rwoman (2)
rxfleming (3)
SalishSea (2)
sandratravels (1)
santina91 (2)
sahiljain22 (1)
SESTAR (1)
Shuai Zeng (2)
sinecure (6)
SJLandsverk (5)
sorjai (1)
steveman518 (6)
stingtx (2)
SwissCircle (5)
TangoThree (2)
The Deal Mommy (5)
Timmy83 (2)
TokyoFoodie (2)
tonetone28 (2)
TravellingBeard (1)
tzvilev (2)
vishalgupta (1)
WellieinWI
WiscAZ (1)
WooFly (1)
yunicorner (1)

Gifts Received
Include pictures of you can!
Please only link to a post once you have opened your gifts and posted the contents!
98103 #1 #2
aaucello #1 #2 #3 (and maybe 4?)
Ahogz #1 (part 2) #2 #3
AMRivlin #1 #2 #3
Arsey00
Artimio #1
AZinAZ #1
B7e7US #1 #2
basejump #1 #2
BelfastFlyer #1 #2
BigRedBears #1
Bravada04 #1 #2
BXIAN #1 unwrapped #2 (filled)
canforce #1 #2
catarina #1 (part 2) #2 #3 #4 #5
Catman #1
CDTraveler #1 #2 #3
ckidder331 #1
cmn.jcs #1
CPH-Flyer #1
davrossuk #1
DevilDawg1960 #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
dibby #1 #2
Dolphin2 #1
duberville #1 #2
elleana #1 #2
erikatcuse #1 #2? #3
evanderm #1 #2 #3
flipstah #1 (part 2) #2 #3
FlyerBeek #1 #2
flyerred #1
Flyingcow #1 #2 #3 #4
Glamette #1 #2
grbflyer #1
GrinAndBearIt #1 (part 2)
hdawg #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6
HGHUA #1
houseontheprairie #1
iamthehpt #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6
In2ishn #1 #2
indianinhawaii #1
jameslon #1 #2 #3
Jamier45 #1
JanoSicek #1 #2 (part 2)
jdshscja #1 #2 #3 #4
jelliot04 #1
Jinxy #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11
joshua362 #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
JVPhoto #1 #2 #3
KelseyR #1 #2 #3
kenme1 #1
KennyBSAT #1 #2
kipper #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 (part 2) #9 (part 2 of some gift?)
levenhopper #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
lisamcgu #1 #2
LM225 #1
maskedmesothorium #1
mattt22 #1 #2
mbassom #1
medichill #1 #2
MiffSC #1 #2 #3#4
miko2a #1 #2 (part 2) #3
Mileage Lover #1 #2
Milz02315 #1
MissJoeyDFW #1 #2
missydarlin #1 #2 #3 (with pictures)
MrDplus #1 #2 #3 (part 2) #4
mtneer1969 #1 #2 and the rest? #3
ndrk #1
Nicksterguy #1 #2 #3 #4
nlkm9 #1
nomadic.relief #1 #2
nwncl #1 #2
nyr2299 #1
ohlradio #2
oliver2002 #1 (with pictures)
onfo #1
onthewaytoadventure #1
pbjag #1 (part 2) #2 #3
Philatravelgirl #1
plon #1a #1b #1c #2 #3
Points Scrounger #1 #2
Polomarc #1
PSUPaul #1 (and results) #2 #3 #4
Redhead #1 #2 #3 (with pictures) #4 (part 2) #5 #6 #7
revaharj #1 #2 #3
rwoman #1 #2 (with pics)
rxfleming #1 #2-#? #3
sahiljain22 #1
SalishSea #1 #2
sandratravels #1
santina #1 #2
SESTAR #1
Shocker077 #1
Shuai Zheng #1 #2
sinecure #1 #2
singtx #1 #2
SJLandsverk #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8
SnowCrash51295 #1 #2
sorjai #1
SteveHK #1
steveman518 #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6
SwissCircle #1 #2 (part 2) #3 #4
tango3 #1
TangoThree #1 #2
tanzaniancane #1 #2 #3
tcl #1 #2
timmy83 #1 #2
The Deal Mommy #1 #2 #3-#6
TokyoFoodie #1 #2 #3
tonetone28 #1 #2 (unwrapped)
TravellingBeard #1 #2
TTT #1
tzvilev #1 #2
UA191 #1 #2
vishalgupta22 #1
weather/Mr weather #1 (part 2) #2
WellieinWI #1
WiscAZ #1
WooFly #1
yunicorner #1 (part 2) (with pictures)
Print Wikipost

Old Jan 23, 15, 9:16 pm

Programs: US CP, Hilton Diamond, Avis Prefered
Smile Many thanks for my gift

Thank you Santa (replacement?) for the wonderful wine gift basket delivered today. It is full of great snacks to go with the wine. I will post a picture tomorrow. ^

How do I remove the angry smiley face in the title, I don't know how that got there? Angry face gone thanks to help from NewbieRunner. I really didn't want an angry face with my thank you post!!

Last edited by PSUPaul; Jan 30, 15 at 2:17 pm Reason: Trying to remove an angry smiley face in the Title - now changed to a real smiley
Old Jan 24, 15, 9:33 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Programs: HH Diamond, Priority Club Platinum
Originally Posted by kipper View Post
I am a little confused... Mr. Kipper and I received a FedEx box today from a Santa, with lots of IPAs. I'm confused, because I'm wondering if this perhaps goes with the IPA glasses I received earlier?

Obviously, I'm not confused about what to do with the beer--it's already in the fridge, and I'm trying to behave and not sample any until Mr. Kipper gets home... Without typing this in front of the fridge, I believe it included a 6-pack of New Belgium Ranger IPA (my favorite), and at 2 each of 3 others. I may be incorrect, but if I am, I'll blame it on the paint fumes affecting my memory!

Anyway, Santa (pbjag, perhaps?), hope your family emergency has been resolved!

Thank you so much!
I give up on trying to figure out who my Santa was that sent the box 'o beer! That said, Santa, thank you for sending it! I love them, especially Furious from Surly Brewing!
Old Jan 25, 15, 6:23 pm

Thanks to my second Santa (sorry about your family emergency, going through one of my own right now, hence the delayed acknowledgement of receipt)!

An intriguing aromatherapy pendant (LOVE the colour), a small pipette so I can refill it, a delicious tin of chocolates, and a bar of natural soap. Each interestingly enough, chosen from a very different corner of Canada. Nice work!
Old Jan 26, 15, 11:39 am
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Chief Santa wants to thank a special someone for the great bonsai tree that was delivered this morning. It is beautiful.

I sincerely appreciate the gifts I have received even though I do not officially participate in Secret Santa... but I did send a few replacement gifts!
Old Jan 26, 15, 7:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL MM (thanks PMNW!), DL PM, UA PLT, just about every darn hotel program-generally GOLD type level
End of secret, but that's cool

Deleted
Old Jan 30, 15, 12:37 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Coronavirus, Community Buzz, and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by PSUPaul View Post
Thank you Santa (replacement?) for the wonderful wine gift basket delivered today. It is full of great snacks to go with the wine. I will post a picture tomorrow. ^

How do I remove the angry smiley face in the title, I don't know how that got there?
I have removed it for you. You need to click Edit > Go Advanced and select No icon.
Old Jan 30, 15, 2:16 pm

Programs: US CP, Hilton Diamond, Avis Prefered
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner View Post
I have removed it for you. You need to click Edit > Go Advanced and select No icon.
Thanks, I think I did check there and I thought I tried that but it didn;t seem to take. I really didn't want an angry smiley face when I was giving thanks!! Appreciate the help!
Old Jan 30, 15, 2:44 pm

Hi Catarina,

The coach Wristlet was from me... WaHOOO for being the favorite Santa!! :-)
I was really bummed thinking it may not have made it to you since I hadnt seen any post saying you got it. Very sorry about the family situation but glad you got and liked your gift. Happy new year!

Originally Posted by catarina View Post
Long story - but I was on the road for 7 weeks prior to Christmas so had my gifts shipped to a family member in a different province, and we had a family crisis during this time.

My Secret Santa in Australia had previously sent me a fabulous spa gift where I will be enjoying a visit to their Himalayan Salt Cave - will be awesome for my asthma, plus a pedicure :-)
Aussie Santa also sent me this beautiful leather journal with a compass and anchor wrapped cord.

My Secret Santa in Sarnia Ontario sent me lovely local items, including an intricately knitted scarf, wooden beaded necklace and earrings, stone/glass ring, handprint picture box and a Timmies Card. Now, I am a Starbucks girl, but who doesn't like a Boston Cream?!

My Secret Santa from Burnaby BC sent me a fluffy neck scarf, knitted headband and boot warmers (I'll enjoy those - it's minus 20 here), a handcrafted (by my Santa) leather and glass bracelet (with interchangeable glass buttons - very cool), Yogi Natural Handmade Ayurvedic Soap - note says she? sells her lovely things at a Friday night market in North Van - we probably know each other as I used to do that market myself!

On to my very favourite Santa -
Coach Madison Double Zipped Wristlet Wallet in Teal Blue - did I mention that I LOVE Coach?!
Also a lovely notebook and two Divine Fair-trade chocolate bars in White Chocolate and Strawberry and Dark Chocolate with Mango and Coconut. I believe my husband sighted those and demanded I share!

Lastly, received on January 5th, shipped directly from Lootcrate, vSauce Holiday Crate - This item I'll pass onto my 7 year old grandson.

Many thanks!
Old Jan 30, 15, 2:48 pm

Sleepless in Seattle??

If you're in Seattle and anxiously awaiting a backup gift, hang in there, your backup Santa has been busy putting together a special something for you!

Watch for a USPS priority mail package on Monday :-)
Old Feb 1, 15, 7:06 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, WS Gold, Hertz PC, NationalEE, Hyatt Explorist, IHGGold, BW Diamond
It will be on my wrist in Puerto Vallarta next week :-)

Looking forward to another amazing dinner at Marks Bar and Grill in Bucerias and Miguel Angels - killer margaritas! And the butterfly prawns - oh my, can't wait!

Originally Posted by AZinAZ View Post
Hi Catarina,

The coach Wristlet was from me... WaHOOO for being the favorite Santa!! :-)
I was really bummed thinking it may not have made it to you since I hadnt seen any post saying you got it. Very sorry about the family situation but glad you got and liked your gift. Happy new year!
Old Feb 2, 15, 8:42 pm

Programs: AS MVPG & Board Room, Marriott Silver, Global Entry
Graciasness to Santa AZinAZ for stepping up when S.O.B. Santa decided it was better just to receive than give. No photo but the box contained more items than were under this single guy's tree back in December.

1) A Northwest Orient Airlines 70's style carry on bag. Very sweet, as my first commercial flight was on Northwest Orient from Seattle to San Francisco back in 1982.
2) An NWA 787 keyring with an enclosed card indicating that it "symbolizes the future of Northwest." Err...maybe not. Thanks, Delta.
3) A PanAm blue globe mouse pad. Timely as the mouse pad with the Swiss skiers in Swiss flag g-strings was starting to fall apart. I will miss those white cross-crotched boys.
3) Vietnam Airlines amenity kit
4) A scarf I could have used this afternoon in the cold wind.
5) A leather travel picture frame
6) A pair of Cutter and Buck leather travel accessories, and
7) for my kitchen, a butter maker.

thanks so much for stepping up AZ!
Old Feb 3, 15, 2:27 pm

Very sorry your original Santa didn't come through!

Glad your backup gifts made it to you without incident. They seem like a pretty random assortment but hopefully got a few smiles out of you :-) the pilot keychain totally made me laugh :-)

Hope your one bad apple Santa didn't ruin the experience for you; karma will handle them, and you'll get the best Santa EVER next year :-)

Originally Posted by 98103 View Post
Graciasness to Santa AZinAZ for stepping up when S.O.B. Santa decided it was better just to receive than give. No photo but the box contained more items than were under this single guy's tree back in December.

1) A Northwest Orient Airlines 70's style carry on bag. Very sweet, as my first commercial flight was on Northwest Orient from Seattle to San Francisco back in 1982.
2) An NWA 787 keyring with an enclosed card indicating that it "symbolizes the future of Northwest." Err...maybe not. Thanks, Delta.
3) A PanAm blue globe mouse pad. Timely as the mouse pad with the Swiss skiers in Swiss flag g-strings was starting to fall apart. I will miss those white cross-crotched boys.
3) Vietnam Airlines amenity kit
4) A scarf I could have used this afternoon in the cold wind.
5) A leather travel picture frame
6) A pair of Cutter and Buck leather travel accessories, and
7) for my kitchen, a butter maker.

thanks so much for stepping up AZ!
Old Feb 4, 15, 2:36 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, Kimpton IC, Club Carlson Gold
Thank you to my Canadian Secret Santa. Today I received my gifts.
I especially love the earrings. They are beautiful. A++++ I also loved that you sent something personalized. And I can't wait to try the soaps. They smell amazing.

Old Feb 4, 15, 5:44 pm

Programs: AAExP, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, ICHPlat, MarriottR, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by miko2a View Post
Thank you to my Canadian Secret Santa. Today I received my gifts.
I especially love the earrings. They are beautiful. A++++ I also loved that you sent something personalized. And I can't wait to try the soaps. They smell amazing.

Wow! Those ARE beautiful earrings!
Old Feb 9, 15, 1:36 pm

Programs: LH Senator ★
I just received a package from backup Santa from UK!
I wrote that I like miniatures for Dungeons & Dragons, and inside package there was a very rare Golden Dragon (!) I am sooo happy

Thank you!

UPDATE: I received part 2, which is a Dungeon Master's Guide book! Hooray! I am not sure if I'll go to bed tonight before 2am as it is hefty 300 pages long.

Thank you again!

Last edited by JanoSicek; Feb 10, 15 at 2:45 pm Reason: Part 2 arrived!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: