Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

HO HO HO! It is time to sign up for 2014 FT Secret Santa!

HO HO HO! It is time to sign up for 2014 FT Secret Santa!

    Hide Wikipost
Old Feb 9, 15, 5:08 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: steveman518
Wiki Link
Remember to PM wharvey when you ship your gifts out (including contents and tracking numbers) and when you receive presents (including contents)!
This wikipost is not a completely authoritative resource of Secret Santa progress, but a resource to see what everyone has received
Don't forget to include pictures if you can!



Alternatively: To include pictures in your posts, upload your picture to somewhere on the internet (a list of sites can be found in the wiki here). Then, use the image tags to post the picture, making sure to use the URL of the picture itself instead of the webpage ([IMG]the URL of the picture[/IMG], making sure that the URL contains the .JPG/.PNG/.GIF/whatever).

Gifts Sent
98103 (2)
aaucello (4)
adampenrith (1)
AhogZ (3)
AMRivlin (4)
Artemio
AZinAZ (1)
B7e7US (4)
BelfastFlyer
Bravada04 (1)
canforce (2)
CDTraveler (2)
cmn.jcs (1)
CPH-Flyer (1)
DevilDawg1960 (5)
davrossuk (2)
dibby (2)
Dolphin2 (1)
elleana (2)
evanderm (3)
flipstah (3)
FlyingCow (3)
FlyerBeek (2)
flyerred
hdawg (6)
HGHUA
houseontheprairie (1)
iamthehpt (6)
In2ishn (1)
jameslon (3)
Jamier45
JanoSicek (2)
Jinxy (6)
JVPhoto (2)
KelseyR (2)
KennyBSAT (2)
kipper (2)
levenhopper (5)
maskedmesothorium (1)
miffSC (4 )
MissJoeyDFW (2)
missydarlin (2)
MrDplus (4)
ndrk (2)
nlkm9 (1)
nomadic.relief (2)
oliver2002(1)
Onfo (1)
onthewaytoadventure (1)
pbjag (3)
Philfna
plon (2)
Points Scrounger (1)
Polomarc (1)
PSUPaul (4)
Redhead (6)
rwoman (2)
rxfleming (3)
SalishSea (2)
sandratravels (1)
santina91 (2)
sahiljain22 (1)
SESTAR (1)
Shuai Zeng (2)
sinecure (6)
SJLandsverk (5)
sorjai (1)
steveman518 (6)
stingtx (2)
SwissCircle (5)
TangoThree (2)
The Deal Mommy (5)
Timmy83 (2)
TokyoFoodie (2)
tonetone28 (2)
TravellingBeard (1)
tzvilev (2)
vishalgupta (1)
WellieinWI
WiscAZ (1)
WooFly (1)
yunicorner (1)

Gifts Received
Include pictures of you can!
Please only link to a post once you have opened your gifts and posted the contents!
98103 #1 #2
aaucello #1 #2 #3 (and maybe 4?)
Ahogz #1 (part 2) #2 #3
AMRivlin #1 #2 #3
Arsey00
Artimio #1
AZinAZ #1
B7e7US #1 #2
basejump #1 #2
BelfastFlyer #1 #2
BigRedBears #1
Bravada04 #1 #2
BXIAN #1 unwrapped #2 (filled)
canforce #1 #2
catarina #1 (part 2) #2 #3 #4 #5
Catman #1
CDTraveler #1 #2 #3
ckidder331 #1
cmn.jcs #1
CPH-Flyer #1
davrossuk #1
DevilDawg1960 #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
dibby #1 #2
Dolphin2 #1
duberville #1 #2
elleana #1 #2
erikatcuse #1 #2? #3
evanderm #1 #2 #3
flipstah #1 (part 2) #2 #3
FlyerBeek #1 #2
flyerred #1
Flyingcow #1 #2 #3 #4
Glamette #1 #2
grbflyer #1
GrinAndBearIt #1 (part 2)
hdawg #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6
HGHUA #1
houseontheprairie #1
iamthehpt #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6
In2ishn #1 #2
indianinhawaii #1
jameslon #1 #2 #3
Jamier45 #1
JanoSicek #1 #2 (part 2)
jdshscja #1 #2 #3 #4
jelliot04 #1
Jinxy #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11
joshua362 #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
JVPhoto #1 #2 #3
KelseyR #1 #2 #3
kenme1 #1
KennyBSAT #1 #2
kipper #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 (part 2) #9 (part 2 of some gift?)
levenhopper #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
lisamcgu #1 #2
LM225 #1
maskedmesothorium #1
mattt22 #1 #2
mbassom #1
medichill #1 #2
MiffSC #1 #2 #3#4
miko2a #1 #2 (part 2) #3
Mileage Lover #1 #2
Milz02315 #1
MissJoeyDFW #1 #2
missydarlin #1 #2 #3 (with pictures)
MrDplus #1 #2 #3 (part 2) #4
mtneer1969 #1 #2 and the rest? #3
ndrk #1
Nicksterguy #1 #2 #3 #4
nlkm9 #1
nomadic.relief #1 #2
nwncl #1 #2
nyr2299 #1
ohlradio #2
oliver2002 #1 (with pictures)
onfo #1
onthewaytoadventure #1
pbjag #1 (part 2) #2 #3
Philatravelgirl #1
plon #1a #1b #1c #2 #3
Points Scrounger #1 #2
Polomarc #1
PSUPaul #1 (and results) #2 #3 #4
Redhead #1 #2 #3 (with pictures) #4 (part 2) #5 #6 #7
revaharj #1 #2 #3
rwoman #1 #2 (with pics)
rxfleming #1 #2-#? #3
sahiljain22 #1
SalishSea #1 #2
sandratravels #1
santina #1 #2
SESTAR #1
Shocker077 #1
Shuai Zheng #1 #2
sinecure #1 #2
singtx #1 #2
SJLandsverk #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8
SnowCrash51295 #1 #2
sorjai #1
SteveHK #1
steveman518 #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6
SwissCircle #1 #2 (part 2) #3 #4
tango3 #1
TangoThree #1 #2
tanzaniancane #1 #2 #3
tcl #1 #2
timmy83 #1 #2
The Deal Mommy #1 #2 #3-#6
TokyoFoodie #1 #2 #3
tonetone28 #1 #2 (unwrapped)
TravellingBeard #1 #2
TTT #1
tzvilev #1 #2
UA191 #1 #2
vishalgupta22 #1
weather/Mr weather #1 (part 2) #2
WellieinWI #1
WiscAZ #1
WooFly #1
yunicorner #1 (part 2) (with pictures)
Print Wikipost

Old Jan 20, 15, 2:43 pm
  #991  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Programs: HH Diamond, Priority Club Platinum
Posts: 44,672
I am a little confused... Mr. Kipper and I received a FedEx box today from a Santa, with lots of IPAs. I'm confused, because I'm wondering if this perhaps goes with the IPA glasses I received earlier?

Obviously, I'm not confused about what to do with the beer--it's already in the fridge, and I'm trying to behave and not sample any until Mr. Kipper gets home... Without typing this in front of the fridge, I believe it included a 6-pack of New Belgium Ranger IPA (my favorite), and at 2 each of 3 others. I may be incorrect, but if I am, I'll blame it on the paint fumes affecting my memory!

Anyway, Santa (pbjag, perhaps?), hope your family emergency has been resolved!

Thank you so much!
kipper is offline  
Old Jan 20, 15, 2:54 pm
  #992  
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: YYC/MNL
Programs: Marriott Bonvoy SE
Posts: 488
Canada Post seems to hate me.

I sent 2 packages late November and only 1/2 has arrived to their Secret Santa! I feel so bad because according to my tracking #, the package has left Canada but hasn't arrived yet to the intended receipient!

Meanwhile, this is what Canada Post tells me in their automated ticketing system:

Submitted: 2015/01/11
Expected Resolution Date: 2015/04/02

flipstah is offline  
Old Jan 20, 15, 10:24 pm
  #993  
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: California
Programs: Marriott Gold, Kimpton IC, Club Carlson Gold
Posts: 139
I had one of the packages I sent out go missing. Well, today two months later the package was returned to me. I have already sent out a replacement gift which, is probably a good thing since what I got back is pretty beat up. Looks like customs had some fun going through the stuff. I don't know why it was sent back because I can't read the writing. Glad to at least get the stuff back. But, sort of sad since the replacement gift wasn't as personal but, the stuff I got back is in no condition to be resent.
miko2a is offline  
Old Jan 21, 15, 9:55 am
  #994  
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Athens, GA USA
Programs: Hilton Diamond
Posts: 18,751
Chief Santa Update:

This has been a difficult season. I have suspended five members from our community for not delivering on ten gifts. Fortunately, many of you stepped forward to help out... so hopefully everyone will be made whole over the next few weeks. Just be patient.

In spite of this, over 350 gifts were delivered successfully.... and I only received complaints about 12 of the gifts.

Do remember to let me know when you receive a gift......
wharvey is offline  
Old Jan 21, 15, 4:55 pm
  #995  
tcl
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: In a hotel somewhere trying to repack everything I brought (and bought) in to a carry-on smaller than my last one.
Programs: UA, Asia Miles, Southwest, IHG
Posts: 1,072
Thank you Santa!

I was pleasantly surprised today by a package from Secret Santa #2! It contained a terracotta veggie keeper by Earth Works Pottery, a very lovely crystal and pearl seed bracelet by Vicky Harrison Designs and 4 packets of dip mix. The veggie keeper is already in the crisper drawer, one of the mixes is made and chilling in the fridge and I am wearing the bracelet as I type.

The extra special part of the gift is that each artisan is local to my Secret Santa (or at least the return shipping address ) Thank you for the gifts and thank you for putting the time and effort into getting the gifts. I love them all.

pics to follow.

Last edited by tcl; Jan 21, 15 at 5:11 pm Reason: clarification
tcl is offline  
Old Jan 21, 15, 6:44 pm
  #996  
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: PBI
Programs: DL 2MM/PM, AA MM/GLD, Hilton Gold, Marriott Platinum
Posts: 1,602
Originally Posted by kipper View Post
I am a little confused... Mr. Kipper and I received a FedEx box today from a Santa, with lots of IPAs. I'm confused, because I'm wondering if this perhaps goes with the IPA glasses I received earlier?

Obviously, I'm not confused about what to do with the beer--it's already in the fridge, and I'm trying to behave and not sample any until Mr. Kipper gets home... Without typing this in front of the fridge, I believe it included a 6-pack of New Belgium Ranger IPA (my favorite), and at 2 each of 3 others. I may be incorrect, but if I am, I'll blame it on the paint fumes affecting my memory!

Anyway, Santa (pbjag, perhaps?), hope your family emergency has been resolved!

Thank you so much!
Nope, the IPA glasses (and Williams Sonoma pan, beer bread mix, dog toys, etc.) were from me, but not the beer.

Stop pondering and start sampling !
pbjag is offline  
Old Jan 21, 15, 6:47 pm
  #997  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Programs: HH Diamond, Priority Club Platinum
Posts: 44,672
Originally Posted by pbjag View Post
Nope, the IPA glasses (and Williams Sonoma pan, beer bread mix, dog toys, etc.) were from me, but not the beer.

Stop pondering and start sampling !
LOL! I wondered where the IPA glasses fit into everything! They just appeared in the car one day, thanks to the mail person just placing them in the car (weird, yes), and I figured they were from this, but I wasn't sure who sent them and if they went along with anything else.
kipper is offline  
Old Jan 21, 15, 7:02 pm
  #998  
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: PBI
Programs: DL 2MM/PM, AA MM/GLD, Hilton Gold, Marriott Platinum
Posts: 1,602
Originally Posted by kipper View Post
LOL! I wondered where the IPA glasses fit into everything! They just appeared in the car one day, thanks to the mail person just placing them in the car (weird, yes), and I figured they were from this, but I wasn't sure who sent them and if they went along with anything else.
The original plan was to have everything shipped to me, where it would be assembled into a single package (and there were going to be some IPA beers in that box!). The family emergency that arose (elderly mother in ICU) made me think it would be better to have most packages shipped directly instead. There was supposed to be a note with the IPA package letting you know it was Part 1 of 2, but it sounds like that fell by the wayside. Anyway, that mystery is solved!

You just need to learn who your late Santa gift is from now!

Last edited by pbjag; Jan 21, 15 at 8:46 pm
pbjag is offline  
Old Jan 21, 15, 7:11 pm
  #999  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Programs: HH Diamond, Priority Club Platinum
Posts: 44,672
Originally Posted by pbjag View Post
The original plan was to have everything shipped to me, where it would be assembled into a single package (and there were going to be some IPA beers in that box!). The family emergency that arose (elderly mother in ICU) made me think it would be better to have most packages shipped directly instead (Christmas didn't happen in my house this year due to the family situation). There was supposed to be a note with the IPA package letting you know it was Part 1 of 2, but it sounds like that fell by the wayside. Anyway, that mystery is solved!

You just need to learn who your late Santa gift is from now!
Hope your mom is better!

This is true.
kipper is offline  
Old Jan 21, 15, 11:59 pm
  #1000  
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: YVR
Posts: 1,692
Originally Posted by flipstah View Post
Canada Post seems to hate me.

I sent 2 packages late November and only 1/2 has arrived to their Secret Santa! I feel so bad because according to my tracking #, the package has left Canada but hasn't arrived yet to the intended receipient!

Meanwhile, this is what Canada Post tells me in their automated ticketing system:

Submitted: 2015/01/11
Expected Resolution Date: 2015/04/02

Oh, but you are not alone! I'm in the same boat. Mind you mine was mostly my own foolish fault, but I'm pretty sure it's going to get shipped back to me and I'm going to have to pay for the return shipping on top of it.
nomadic.relief is offline  
Old Jan 22, 15, 2:52 pm
  #1001  
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: PHL - Go Flyers!
Programs: EMT-P
Posts: 564
Many thanks to PSUPaul for the Skooba cable holder (I'm sure it's real name is more elegant). Here it is after being loaded up for my first MR of the year!



It is holding two pairs of headphones, a large battery charger, a small battery charger, various connections for iPhones and my Samsung and a paper backup of my boarding pass. Very nice gift for a traveller and it performed well!
medichill is offline  
Old Jan 22, 15, 5:32 pm
  #1002  
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Athens, GA USA
Programs: Hilton Diamond
Posts: 18,751
That is a great case Medichill. I have been looking for something to organize our travel cables; I might have to get that one!
wharvey is offline  
Old Jan 22, 15, 5:38 pm
  #1003  
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: YYC/MNL
Programs: Marriott Bonvoy SE
Posts: 488
Just checked and my package has FINALLY arrived at the Secret Santa's country!

Sent from late November till today. Good job, Canada Post. -_-"

$50 postage well spent.
flipstah is offline  
Old Jan 22, 15, 7:15 pm
  #1004  
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: AVP
Programs: US CP, Hilton Diamond, Avis Prefered
Posts: 259
Originally Posted by medichill View Post
Many thanks to PSUPaul for the Skooba cable holder (I'm sure it's real name is more elegant). Here it is after being loaded up for my first MR of the year!



It is holding two pairs of headphones, a large battery charger, a small battery charger, various connections for iPhones and my Samsung and a paper backup of my boarding pass. Very nice gift for a traveller and it performed well!
I'm so happy you like it! Safe travels.
PSUPaul is offline  
Old Jan 23, 15, 6:40 pm
  #1005  
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Australia
Programs: AA, LM, Etihad Guest Gold, Honors Plat, IHG Ambassador, Star Alliance Gold,
Posts: 1,096
HO HO HO! It is time to sign up for 2014 FT Secret Santa!

Many thanks to my Canadian SS. Canada barbie and Starbucks cards received!!!! Love love love the Barbie. Appreciate everything you went through to get it to me!! Many many thanks
Jinxy is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: