Community
Wiki Posts
Search

INN Mountain DO, Innsbruck Austria - September 25-27 2015

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2015, 9:16 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
If you wanted to work your way over to Salzburg, I'm there September 22-24 and have an 1100 train to Innsbruck on the 25th booked on the Austrian Rail site. On the 28th I have a 1036 train to Munich, also booked with Austrian Rail (found a hotel with $70 cash and points 14 mins out by train that will make that work). Fly home on October 1.
Old Jul 1, 2015, 7:08 am

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
BTW, here is the new Innsbruck image clip ...

https://vimeo.com/131368663
Old Jul 1, 2015, 1:20 pm
In memoriam

Programs: UA, US, AS, Marriott, Radisson, Hilton
Originally Posted by tom911
If you wanted to work your way over to Salzburg, I'm there September 22-24 and have an 1100 train to Innsbruck on the 25th booked on the Austrian Rail site. On the 28th I have a 1036 train to Munich, also booked with Austrian Rail (found a hotel with $70 cash and points 14 mins out by train that will make that work). Fly home on October 1.
Going to be in Munich on the 24th, trying Meinfernbus and then
Garmisch-Partenkirchen after the Do.

See you in Innsbruck, though. Staying at the Hilton.
Old Jul 15, 2015, 2:04 pm

Programs: UA 2.5MM; HH Diamond; Hyatt Platinum; MR Gold
Any updates?

I'm starting to think about flights and wonder, as did restlessinRNO, what Friday's schedule might look like. I've booked a room at the Hilton for Friday to Monday, but may look at a Thursday arrival date depending on Friday's activities.

I'm looking forward to another visit to the Alps -- and to actually spending time in a city I've only seen in the distance from the A12 and A13.
Old Jul 17, 2015, 12:51 am
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
Hi everybody,

the planning is in the final status and the registration will be start end of July, about 2 month before the event will start.

I will just give a short overview, what we are planning.

- Friday evening - dinner at the mountain 1905 Meter above the sealevel, which can easily reached by cable car (http://www.nordkette.com/en/the-moun...estaurant.html)
- Saturday - short sightseeingtour and we will visit the Swarowsky factory (http://kristallwelten.swarovski.com/.../index.en.html)
- At the evening we will have an exclusive dinner at Lichtblick (http://www.restaurant-lichtblick.at/) - reserved only for us
- Sunday brunch.

I will update the first post soon, when the registration page (eventbrite) is ready.
Old Jul 17, 2015, 1:54 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by szg
Hi everybody,

the planning is in the final status and the registration will be start end of July, about 2 month before the event will start.

I will just give a short overview, what we are planning.
Great! Thanks for posting. I have a provisional booking for a hotel but can now go ahead and book flights.
Old Jul 21, 2015, 12:10 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Ooooh - add me to the "interested/probable" list!

I've never been to INN...sounds fun. Plus I think I may already be across the pond the week of Sept 21. TBD - will know my schedule by next month.
Old Jul 21, 2015, 12:56 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, LH Senator, A3 Gold
I'd love to come, since i'll be nearby in Zürich. Just wanted to make sure there was still a chance to register. I'm definitely in if there's space. Already have a provisional booking at the Hilton in INN.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 8:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum, Delta Silver Medallion, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
My +1 and I are in. We're flying into INN (via FRA) and are booked into the Ibis. Looking forward to it!
Old Aug 3, 2015, 2:02 am

Programs: A3 *Gold, AA Plat, AB Plat, Hilton Dia
Please add me to the list as well - as probable/interested

I am pretty new to this world of flying, mileage runs etc, but I have the advantage that I could just drive over from Munich.

After looking at the program I believe it would make sense to buy a "Innsbruck Card" for 24 or 48hours or even 72hours depending on people's plans.
It would cover the cable car ride on Friday night as well as the trip to the Swarowsky factory (and plenty more).

http://www.innsbruck.info/en/experie...s-savings.html

Last edited by johnnywho; Aug 3, 2015 at 2:14 am
Old Aug 14, 2015, 9:46 am

Programs: LX HON, Radisson Platinum, Hilton Gold
Well, I am all settled... arriving in INN on OS903 from VIE at 10:40 on Friday, staying at Hotel Central and leaving on Sunday on OS906 at 15:10... arriving in style on a Dash :-)

Come on guys, start the registration :-)
Old Aug 14, 2015, 10:15 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Originally Posted by flospi
Come on guys, start the registration :-)
Where? Have I missed anything?
Old Aug 14, 2015, 9:51 pm

Just caught this.. please can I be put in as very interested. Will update as I look into flts..
Thank you.....
Old Aug 15, 2015, 1:34 am

Programs: LX HON, Radisson Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Where? Have I missed anything?
Nope... unless I have missed it as well :-)
Old Aug 28, 2015, 1:16 pm

Four weeks to the Do.

I'm bumping this thread in case the OP happens to notice it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.