Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

San Francisco Manufactured Spending Meetup?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 30, 2014, 12:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NewbieRunner
No meet-up currently planned.
Print Wikipost

San Francisco Manufactured Spending Meetup?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2014, 10:42 pm

Just found this thread... subscribing now!
The suggestion of doing a specific day every month as ongoing meeting sounds good.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 7:33 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by glynot
Just found this thread... subscribing now!
The suggestion of doing a specific day every month as ongoing meeting sounds good.
I think that's worked well for some of the other MS Dos. Lets people put it on their schedule & figure out if they can attend or not.

Cheers.
Old Sep 11, 2014, 5:16 pm

Programs: UA GS, Marriott Titanium
Interested and subscribing
Old Sep 11, 2014, 10:37 pm
Original Poster

Hey Bay Area SFers,

A LOT has changed even since the last meetup last month. I'm proposing the 2nd meetup next Tuesday 9/16 at 6:30pm (happy hour til 7) at Red Dog at 303 2nd St? I remember seeing this under construction and glad to see it newly added to the airline dining programs!

Let me know what you think.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/red-dog-rest...-san-francisco
Old Sep 12, 2014, 11:54 pm

Enjoy your meetup on Tuesday.

Originally Posted by sedubby
Hey Bay Area SFers,

A LOT has changed even since the last meetup last month. I'm proposing the 2nd meetup next Tuesday 9/16 at 6:30pm (happy hour til 7) at Red Dog at 303 2nd St? I remember seeing this under construction and glad to see it newly added to the airline dining programs!

Let me know what you think.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/red-dog-rest...-san-francisco
The two big headlines that stand out to me are AEGC being removed from portals, and the end of AP.

I'm originally from the Bay Area, but I'm unfortunately in Tuscaloosa, AL for college until mid-December. So, I can't come on Tuesday. Thank you for organizing a meetup last month; I enjoyed talking with you guys about manufactured spending.
Old Sep 13, 2014, 10:54 am
Original Poster

I understand this is a bit short notice - perhaps next tuesday/wednesday would be better?
Old Sep 16, 2014, 12:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
So, is this still happening on Tue. Sep. 16, or not?
Old Sep 16, 2014, 9:52 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob; AA ExPlat; Hilton Diamond
Wiki says Tuesday or Wednesday, which day have we decided on? I actually prefer Wednesday tomorrow. Tied up late this evening.
Old Sep 16, 2014, 10:04 am
Original Poster

I can do Wed. Don't mind if it's a small gathering.
Old Sep 16, 2014, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Yeah, maybe Wednesday 9/17 would be better.
Old Sep 16, 2014, 6:41 pm

Programs: UA Gold Million Miler, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
We have not done DOs in SF in a while, so I have to admit that I have no idea what a Manufactured Spending Do is. Thanks....Alas, cannot make it either night. Tonight is too short notice and tomorrow conflicts with other stuff we are doing in SF.

If you are going, you might think about Roy's as it is offering a Waygu burger and a craft beer for $10 in their bar! I wanted to do that earlier but friends voted it down.
Old Sep 17, 2014, 2:11 pm

Programs: AS MVP 75K, AA Platinum, IHG Platinum, Club Carlson Gold
Anyone else planning on showing up tonight? I can make it.
Old Sep 17, 2014, 5:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm not planning to come tonight after all.

Suggestion: Dinner get-togethers are MUCH more popular if they are NOT targeted to a specific group. Having to discuss "manufactured spending" sounds like a yawner. If I want to learn about "MS" I can simply read the forum here on FT.

Of course, I realize that some people may have MS "secrets" to share in person rather than online. OK, whatever.

I've been on FT a long time (13 years) and have attended dozens upon dozens of FT events, both in the US and abroad. None of them have ever been focused on/limited to a specific subject.
Old Sep 17, 2014, 5:51 pm

Programs: AS MVP 75K, AA Platinum, IHG Platinum, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by KathyWdrf
I'm not planning to come tonight after all.

Suggestion: Dinner get-togethers are MUCH more popular if they are NOT targeted to a specific group. Having to discuss "manufactured spending" sounds like a yawner. If I want to learn about "MS" I can simply read the forum here on FT.

Of course, I realize that some people may have MS "secrets" to share in person rather than online. OK, whatever.

I've been on FT a long time (13 years) and have attended dozens upon dozens of FT events, both in the US and abroad. None of them have ever been focused on/limited to a specific subject.
Maybe we should aim for an old-fashioned dinner meetup where people can talk about any aspect of travel, not just MS? Although I'm sure people would exchange a few MS tips.
Old Sep 17, 2014, 6:57 pm
Original Poster

@Kathy

The first one was quite the success. Really fun. No need to be so negative.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.