FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   CommunityBuzz (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/communitybuzz-380/)
-   -   San Francisco Manufactured Spending Meetup? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/communitybuzz/1594755-san-francisco-manufactured-spending-meetup.html)

glynot Sep 1, 2014 10:42 pm

Just found this thread... subscribing now!
The suggestion of doing a specific day every month as ongoing meeting sounds good.

SkiAdcock Sep 3, 2014 7:33 am

Originally Posted by glynot (Post 23459466)
Just found this thread... subscribing now!
The suggestion of doing a specific day every month as ongoing meeting sounds good.

I think that's worked well for some of the other MS Dos. Lets people put it on their schedule & figure out if they can attend or not.

Cheers.

lagunas2k Sep 11, 2014 5:16 pm

Interested and subscribing

sedubby Sep 11, 2014 10:37 pm

Hey Bay Area SFers,

A LOT has changed even since the last meetup last month. I'm proposing the 2nd meetup next Tuesday 9/16 at 6:30pm (happy hour til 7) at Red Dog at 303 2nd St? I remember seeing this under construction and glad to see it newly added to the airline dining programs!

Let me know what you think.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/red-dog-rest...-san-francisco

pjn54 Sep 12, 2014 11:54 pm

Enjoy your meetup on Tuesday.

Originally Posted by sedubby (Post 23513760)
Hey Bay Area SFers,

A LOT has changed even since the last meetup last month. I'm proposing the 2nd meetup next Tuesday 9/16 at 6:30pm (happy hour til 7) at Red Dog at 303 2nd St? I remember seeing this under construction and glad to see it newly added to the airline dining programs!

Let me know what you think.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/red-dog-rest...-san-francisco

The two big headlines that stand out to me are AEGC being removed from portals, and the end of AP.

I'm originally from the Bay Area, but I'm unfortunately in Tuscaloosa, AL for college until mid-December. So, I can't come on Tuesday. Thank you for organizing a meetup last month; I enjoyed talking with you guys about manufactured spending.

sedubby Sep 13, 2014 10:54 am

I understand this is a bit short notice - perhaps next tuesday/wednesday would be better?

KathyWdrf Sep 16, 2014 12:02 am

So, is this still happening on Tue. Sep. 16, or not?

SFOvacations Sep 16, 2014 9:52 am

Wiki says Tuesday or Wednesday, which day have we decided on? I actually prefer Wednesday tomorrow. Tied up late this evening.

sedubby Sep 16, 2014 10:04 am

I can do Wed. Don't mind if it's a small gathering.

KathyWdrf Sep 16, 2014 11:37 am

Yeah, maybe Wednesday 9/17 would be better.

Karen2 Sep 16, 2014 6:41 pm

We have not done DOs in SF in a while, so I have to admit that I have no idea what a Manufactured Spending Do is. Thanks....Alas, cannot make it either night. Tonight is too short notice and tomorrow conflicts with other stuff we are doing in SF. :(

If you are going, you might think about Roy's as it is offering a Waygu burger and a craft beer for $10 in their bar! I wanted to do that earlier but friends voted it down.

AwardBee Sep 17, 2014 2:11 pm

Anyone else planning on showing up tonight? I can make it.

KathyWdrf Sep 17, 2014 5:15 pm

I'm not planning to come tonight after all.

Suggestion: Dinner get-togethers are MUCH more popular if they are NOT targeted to a specific group. Having to discuss "manufactured spending" sounds like a yawner. If I want to learn about "MS" I can simply read the forum here on FT.

Of course, I realize that some people may have MS "secrets" to share in person rather than online. OK, whatever.

I've been on FT a long time (13 years) and have attended dozens upon dozens of FT events, both in the US and abroad. None of them have ever been focused on/limited to a specific subject.

AwardBee Sep 17, 2014 5:51 pm

Originally Posted by KathyWdrf (Post 23542641)
I'm not planning to come tonight after all.

Suggestion: Dinner get-togethers are MUCH more popular if they are NOT targeted to a specific group. Having to discuss "manufactured spending" sounds like a yawner. If I want to learn about "MS" I can simply read the forum here on FT.

Of course, I realize that some people may have MS "secrets" to share in person rather than online. OK, whatever.

I've been on FT a long time (13 years) and have attended dozens upon dozens of FT events, both in the US and abroad. None of them have ever been focused on/limited to a specific subject.

Maybe we should aim for an old-fashioned dinner meetup where people can talk about any aspect of travel, not just MS? Although I'm sure people would exchange a few MS tips.

sedubby Sep 17, 2014 6:57 pm

@Kathy

The first one was quite the success. Really fun. No need to be so negative.