• Optional Cigar Break
Print Wikipost

Alaska BBQ & ADQ DO Part 2 - July 20-23, 2014

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2014, 12:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Alaska BBQ & ADQ DO Part 2 - July 20-23, 2014

So, there will be a slight change to the Alaska DO BBQ. It will be held the Sunday prior to the Panhandle DO, Sunday, July 20, 2014. I have had requests to put together a small ADQ DO (part 2) for July 21-23 for those who could not make it last year or want to spend more time there. This will allow for travel to the main DO starting on Wednesday.

There is nothing formal planned in ADQ yet, but if there is enough interest, it could include a bear viewing flight, perhaps a cruise around the island and day excursions to the ends of the road.

If you are interested in either the BBQ or ADQ part 2, please post to this thread and I will see what I can put together. Beckoa has already volunteered to man the BBQ and the Wall O' Wine™ is overflowing with boxes piling up .....again

So far we have:

Confirmed for the BBQ & wine assault:

bob w
beckoa
CDKing
monitor
frantic
seeya
bdnyc
Eloisa +1
Deekh8
anc red-eye
AKronin
Jazon

Possible:

Confirmed for ADQ:
bob w
monitor
frantic
seeya
bdnyc

Possible:

Last edited by BOB W; Jul 16, 2014 at 8:31 pm Reason: updated attendee list
Old Mar 31, 2014, 7:42 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SeeYa
I'm interested in the ADQ pre-Do.
What is the timing on the flights?
I'm thinking that RAVN (ERA) flt. 888 on July 21 to go over and AS flt. 40 returning on July 23. With the bear viewing flights on July 22 and land tours around that.
Old Apr 25, 2014, 12:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Sadly, I'll miss this event, as I'll be on a ferry coming up from Bellingham, WA (and heading to Sitka for the http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/commu...y-23-28-a.html) while you all are enjoying the fine summer weather of Southcentral Alaska.

Enjoy the good food, great wine, and even better company! Hope to see some of you in Southeast the next week!
Old Apr 25, 2014, 11:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by BOB W
Wall O' Wine™ is overflowing with boxes piling up .....again
Hope its not that kind of wine
Old Apr 25, 2014, 11:52 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by beckoa
Hope its not that kind of wine
Huh, I try not to stock much wine from California

and all wine is incased in bottles.

Last edited by BOB W; Apr 25, 2014 at 11:57 pm
Old Apr 26, 2014, 12:03 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Huh, I try not to stock much wine from California
Whew! Guess we can always use that as a marinade

and all wine is incased in bottles.
Or a carafe
Old Apr 26, 2014, 12:11 am
Original Poster

Whew! Guess we can always use that as a marinade

Or a carafe
Box wine does not get better in a carafe, but I do have stuff that can definitely benefit from the exposure.
Old Apr 26, 2014, 6:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
I'm still considering ADQ. I don't think its even possible for the weather to be as nice as it was before. Have people booked their flights? I may just book and decide later as long as i'm not taking award space from those that are 100%. Also if i do ADQ i was going to take the 10ish PM Ravn flight back to ANC to get my morning flight to SIT on the 23rd. Id love to use the new photography skills i've learned this year to get better shots in ADQ

Just in case I dont to ADQ I booked a run on Ravn up to NW AK

ANC-UNK-SMK-WBB-OME (Overnight) OME-WAA-KTS-TLA-OME-WBB-SMK-UNK-ANC.

I'm also hoping super saver to BRW opens up so i can use my remaining segment from last year. So many decisions.
Old Apr 26, 2014, 8:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CDKing
I'm still considering ADQ. I don't think its even possible for the weather to be as nice as it was before. Have people booked their flights? I may just book and decide later as long as i'm not taking award space from those that are 100%. Also if i do ADQ i was going to take the 10ish PM Ravn flight back to ANC to get my morning flight to SIT on the 23rd. Id love to use the new photography skills i've learned this year to get better shots in ADQ

I'm also hoping super saver to BRW opens up so i can use my remaining segment from last year. So many decisions.
Most have booked award flights on RAVN (ERA) flt. 888 on July 21 to go over and AS flt. 40 returning on July 23. Let us know what you decide.
Old Apr 27, 2014, 6:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Most have booked award flights on RAVN (ERA) flt. 888 on July 21 to go over and AS flt. 40 returning on July 23. Let us know what you decide.
I grabbed the flights just to be safe. Looks like AS may be fixing the error where flights are booking at the old level (5K) so i'm booked at the 7.5K level on the way over (Shows as refundable Y on receipt which is now supposed to be 17K). I'm double booked now on the way to SIT, hopefully it doesn't get cancelled even though my other reservation is the morning flights
Old Apr 27, 2014, 11:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
I grabbed the flights just to be safe. Looks like AS may be fixing the error where flights are booking at the old level (5K) so i'm booked at the 7.5K level on the way over (Shows as refundable Y on receipt which is now supposed to be 17K). I'm double booked now on the way to SIT, hopefully it doesn't get cancelled even though my other reservation is the morning flights
I thought the rate doesn't go up until after 4/30. AFAIK the old rates are still in effect until then.

The one you really need to book is anything you want to do involving the Hageland operation in western AK. Word is those are going to go bye-bye sometime this month.
Old Apr 28, 2014, 3:57 am

Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Remember the last time you went to TLA?!
Old Apr 28, 2014, 7:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jackal
I thought the rate doesn't go up until after 4/30. AFAIK the old rates are still in effect until then.
I think i need to go to an eye doctor because you are correct. I could have sworn it said April 1st but i must have been thinking of the changes to allowed flights to from ANC/FAI

Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Remember the last time you went to TLA?!
I think it involved a flat tire or something It gave me the option to spend 10am-5pm in TLA but i was like hell no, il just take the tight turn. Plus i'd miss most of the SIT portion of the DO due to the extra night in OME. Another option was to spend the day in Wales, spend an extra night in OME leaving me a 6 hour layover in UNK. Also 7 hours in Brevig Mission, AK w/ 6 hours in UNK and a second night in Nome is another option

Last edited by CDKing; Apr 28, 2014 at 7:52 am
Old May 30, 2014, 10:27 pm
Original Poster

Time for a friendly bump
Old May 31, 2014, 1:32 am

Time for a friendly bump
And a Pre BBQ BBQ

Not sure when though?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.