Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Caribbean Do | Punta Cana, Dominican Republic | May 23-26, 2014 (Memorial Day Wknd)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Caribbean Do | Punta Cana, Dominican Republic | May 23-26, 2014 (Memorial Day Wknd)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2014, 6:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Lifetime 1K, AA EXP, VS Silver, HY Diamond, HI Gold, SPG Gold

Welcome to the Caribbean DO meetup thread!

A few folks are organizing what will hopefully become an annual Caribbean gathering of frequent traveler aficionados and miles and points junkies!

The idea and inspiration for a Caribbean Do stemmed from the simple fact that not many meetups are held in this region, even though from the continental U.S., it is easier to fly to the Caribbean with direct access to hubs in MIA [AA], ATL [DL], IAH [UA] and even JFK [B6], than it is to fly to many other Do locations held around the globe.

In addition, this Do is designed to be held in places around the Caribbean that are both solo-traveler friendly, as well as family-friendly.

This first event is trying to keep things fun and simple: A Memorial Day weekend gathering at the all-inclusive Paradisus Punta Cana Resort in the Dominican Republic.

Group rates are being secured:
Deluxe Garden View Junior Suite (kids allowed in these types of accommodations)
ETA [14JAN]: New rate quotes are being obtained

Royal Service Luxury Junior Suite (NO kids allowed in these types of accommodations)
ETA [14JAN]: New rate quotes are being obtained

The special negotiated rates can be extended for up to two (2) days before and/or after the official Do weekend.

The Melia hotel group and the Paradisus Punta Cana will sponsor a full bar reception on one of the evenings. Other goodies and perqs might be made available to Do attendees as well.

If there is enough interest, a group tour / excursion can be arranged to nearby sites and attractions.

Hope to see you there!

Last edited by jetsetr; Jan 14, 2014 at 11:44 am Reason: 14JAN: New hotel rate quotes being obtained
Old Jan 13, 2014, 6:19 pm
Original Poster

Reserved
Old Jan 13, 2014, 6:20 pm
Original Poster

Reserved for future use
Old Jan 14, 2014, 5:57 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Most likely to be in the DR around those dates. If I am, I'll be interested to participate.
Great hotel choice!
Old Jan 14, 2014, 6:26 pm

Programs: AA Plt, Marriott Gold, National EE, Hertz PC, El Mambero De Mucci, PWP Aide to Generalissimo Godot
AMAZING CHOICE!!!

My brother just had his wedding there in July.
Old Jan 15, 2014, 11:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by B7e7US
Most likely to be in the DR around those dates. If I am, I'll be interested to participate.
Great hotel choice!
Cool! Hope you can make it!

Originally Posted by El_Chiflero
AMAZING CHOICE!!!

My brother just had his wedding there in July.
Great to hear! I haven't been there, myself, but the organizers have, and I have only heard great things.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.