Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Kalamazoo MI - Dec 6th Friday Night drinks (& maybe eats)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2013, 6:33 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond

Hey SW Michigan Flyertalkers, some of us Chicago based Flyertalkers are going to be touring some SW Michigan Breweries the first weekend in December. A listing of our stops and approx times is here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/commu...-7-2013-a.html

A cohort of ours is taking Amtrak from Chicago, arriving ~9:10pm into Kalamazoo, so those of us that are leaving early on Friday will be in the Kalamazoo area to pick him up.

As a result we will be in the Kalamazoo area for drinks & most likely dinner on Friday night December 6th.

Time: 7:30
Venue: Kalamazoo Beer Exchange in Kalamazoo

Thanks, we hope to see some SW Michigan Flyertalkers make it out !
Anyone/everyone is invited to join us.

Please post to this thread if you are interested.

Attending/Interested:
Willie +2
BThumme
gravy
seychellesbound
wizzy

Maybe:
Ceres

No Can Do:
Smitty06

Last edited by Sweet Willie; Dec 5, 2013 at 11:49 am Reason: update attendee list/info
Old Nov 24, 2013, 11:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold

Count me in!!!

* I'm free before (<6) and after the conclusion of the WMU/North Dakota game ( so 915ish).

My favorite place is Shakespeare's, and it's a 2 minute walk from the train station. Bells brewery is about a 3 minute walk.

Of course there is slightly more,
Non bar-ish restaurants downtown
If people need rides or anything holler at me

Expect a relatively quiet night out - our exams start the 9th so everyone will be in studying.

Last edited by BThumme; Nov 24, 2013 at 11:51 pm
Old Nov 25, 2013, 6:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BThumme
Count me in!!!
will do, glad you can make it !
Originally Posted by BThumme
Expect a relatively quiet night out - our exams start the 9th so everyone will be in studying.
No worries, Our group is staying Fri night in Grand Rapids, so it won't be a late night for us either.

I think Shakespeare's was one of the places we had on our radar, so thanks for confirming it is a worthwhile spot^
Old Nov 25, 2013, 8:45 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Realize this is a K-zoo thread, but if you're going to hit some breweries in GR or Holland on Sat the 7th, maybe do a thread there w/ where you'll be during the day?

I've not been to Kalamazoo in a while, so good to know re: Shakespeare's.

Cheers.
Old Nov 25, 2013, 9:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Realize this is a K-zoo thread, but if you're going to hit some breweries in GR or Holland on Sat the 7th, maybe do a thread there w/ where you'll be during the day?
I'm off to Naples/Amalfi coast later this afternoon. An itin isn't set yet for the weekend. Only confirmed place/time is Friday night in Kalamazoo.

We do plan to hit Founders Brewing in GR sometime during the weekend. Expect a detailed itin to surface early the week after Thanksgiving.
-
Old Nov 25, 2013, 10:50 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorer, Marriott Titanium, AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, Avis Plus, Hertz PC
I am a solid maybe. The zoo is not all that far a ride for me.

Willie have a good time in Italy!
Old Nov 25, 2013, 11:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Ceres
I am a solid maybe. The zoo is not all that far a ride for me.

Willie have a good time in Italy!
Thanks, Judi & I should have a great trip!

I'll put you in the maybe camp. (3 of us plan to leave Chicago in the am of Friday Dec 6 bound for SW Michigan, We then pick up #4 in Kalamazoo on Fri night. We'll do some tours/tastings during the weekend, as stated above, there will be much more detailed itinerary posted on Dec 3/4)
Old Nov 26, 2013, 7:45 am

Programs: Delta Gold, American Gold, Priority Club Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, National Exec Elite
Sounds fun! I live in the area and I'd like to, but I'll be volunteering at a school function until 8pm. If you're still around, I'll grab a beer with you all after 8.

I'd suggest Rustica or Food Dance if you want some food a bit more upscale than Shakespeare's.

Also the Beer Exchange has good pub food and a (as the name implies) a wide variety of regional beers. It's also not far from the train station.
Old Nov 27, 2013, 12:23 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gravy
Sounds fun! I live in the area and I'd like to, but I'll be volunteering at a school function until 8pm. If you're still around, I'll grab a beer with you all after 8.
we will still be around, so stop by!
Old Nov 30, 2013, 1:47 pm

I am also able to attend. What is the final verdict on time and place for Friday, Dec. 8th?
Old Dec 1, 2013, 6:46 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, BAEC Silver, Hyatt-Globalist, Hilton-gold, SPG-gold
I am so bummed that I have to work so I can make it. My BFF lives in Kalamazoo and is just getting started in points/miles/travel. I second that FoodDance has good food for Kalamazoo.
Old Dec 2, 2013, 3:02 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by seychellesbound
I am also able to attend. What is the final verdict on time and place for Friday, Dec. 8th?
hey great, glad you can make it. Sorry for any delay in responding, I'm out of US with limited connectivity. I would expect our group to be in the Kalamazoo area by 6:30pm. Dining/pub venue is TBD at this point, but for ease of not having to switch venues, I could see us dining at a pub w/decent food & a good beer selection.
Old Dec 2, 2013, 3:04 am
Original Poster

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by smitty06
I am so bummed that I have to work so I can make it.
we are bummed as well, tell your BFF that they are welcome to join us!
Old Dec 2, 2013, 6:38 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LTT, Hyatt Exp, AA 1MM, UA Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Let me know what the plan is for GRR; hopefully I can make it out for a bit on Saturday afternoon.

BTW, tickets are still on sale to guarantee the ability to purchase two bottles of the most recent Backroom Series, Sweet Repute. Saturday is the last day of the sale. http://www.eventbrite.com/e/founders...ets-8656506845

It’s not always a good thing when your reputation precedes you. But the complexity of this powerful wheat wine will give it a Sweet Repute no matter where, when or how your paths meet. Our brewing team painstakingly choreographed each layer of this beer’s characteristics, starting with a healthy wheat and roasted malt base and adding clean, fragrant hops. It’s one-hundred percent barrel aged in maple syrup bourbon barrels and bourbon barrels over the course of sixteen months, then blended using carefully calculated ratios for the ultimate final product. The resulting 12.6% ABV liquid pours a bright warm russet with a stubborn ivory head and an intoxicatingly sweet nutty aroma. Take your time allowing the layers of flavors to unfold…Because it’ll only get better.
Old Dec 3, 2013, 6:49 am

Programs: UA Gold 0.66MM, MR LT Titanium, IHG Platinum, Hertz PC
Darn, I'm in Kalamazoo/Battle Creek Monday-Thursday this week so I will just miss you guys. Enjoy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.