Hamburg Do May 9-11, 2014: Airbus, Port Festival, Lufthansa Technik and more

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hamburg Do May 9-11, 2014: Airbus, Port Festival, Lufthansa Technik and more

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2014, 1:13 pm

Programs: Several
What a bummer, I can make it to Hamburg the weekend of the 25th & 26th but not earlier!

This sounds like an awesome get together!
Old Jan 31, 2014, 7:53 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
Quick update:
The dinner cruise: since the commitment was due yesterday, I went ahead and confirmed 18 participants. The invoice just came in, its due February 28.
LHT tour: the final confirmation is still pending, but it will be limited to 22 participants. However some confirmed participants may opt out, so the waitlist looks good to clear. In order to get a good guide and see some meaningful action, we may have to move the LHT tour to saturday afternoon, so don't make any fix plans for that afternoon.
Old Jan 31, 2014, 8:09 am

Programs: LH [FTL]
First of all thank you for the organizing efforts, oliver2002. Having the LHT tour on Saturday afternoon would be favourably for me (+1/+2) as hotel prices are rather high that weekend thus we could leave Hamburg on Saturday late at night.
Old Jan 31, 2014, 8:19 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Yes, same for me, although I would leave on sunday morning to be home for mothers day
Old Feb 6, 2014, 9:08 am
Original Poster

Another update: we'll stick to the Sunday plan for the LH Technik tour, to take the stress out. Also it looks like the tour cost will be picked up by LH. ^ Stay tuned!

For Saturdays Airbus tour I'm looking at chartering the bus (which we have for the tour inside the plant) to pick us up in downtown Hamburg, since getting to XFW with public transport will be time consuming. This will bump up the cost a bit, but not by much (90€ more for the group).

We still have spots on the Airbus tour, please tell anyone who could possibly be interested so we leverage the cost for each participant.@:-)
Old Feb 6, 2014, 2:23 pm

Thanks for the updates and all your work to put this together Oliver!

Having a bus pickup downtown would be great!
Old Feb 8, 2014, 2:06 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus Premier Gold 1MM, Marriott Gold
I'm finding out about this a bit late, but is it still possible to get in on the Technik tour ?...it'd be worth the trip just for that IMO
Old Feb 8, 2014, 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by Jet'Dillo
I'm finding out about this a bit late, but is it still possible to get in on the Technik tour ?...it'd be worth the trip just for that IMO
I BELIEVE LH Technik is waitlisted.....Unless you have some cash to influence results... Look at Oliver's chart on page 1 to see the 'pax list' for the events.
Old Feb 12, 2014, 10:48 pm

Just dropping in on this thread to say hello. I won the raffle for the JU-52 ride and I'll also be joining you guys for a few of the other events. I've got to say, I probably wouldn't have thought to attend the port festival if it weren't for this DO, but it's shaping up to be a very fun weekend.
Old Feb 12, 2014, 11:55 pm

Originally Posted by _kurt
Just dropping in on this thread to say hello. I won the raffle for the JU-52 ride and I'll also be joining you guys for a few of the other events. I've got to say, I probably wouldn't have thought to attend the port festival if it weren't for this DO, but it's shaping up to be a very fun weekend.
Oliver: An email from _Kurt indicated that he is interested in all 3 events. I believe you saved a space for the 'lucky winner' on all 3 events correct??
Old Feb 13, 2014, 2:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by _kurt
_kurt, even though I saved a space for you, I still need the formal PM with the info mentioned in the first post.
Old Feb 13, 2014, 6:23 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
_kurt, even though I saved a space for you, I still need the formal PM with the info mentioned in the first post.
Thanks Oliver. PM sent. I decided it was madness to return from the dinner cruise at midnight and try to catch a 6:45 flight the next morning. So, I'll be in town for the LHT tour and miss work on Monday
Old Feb 22, 2014, 2:31 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Quick update:
The dinner cruise: since the commitment was due yesterday, I went ahead and confirmed 18 participants. The invoice just came in, its due February 28.
If the invoice is due next week will you be telling us how to send our payment?
Old Feb 24, 2014, 5:51 am
Original Poster

I'm a little flooded with work right now, will try to get to it this week. Basically it will be a request to mail me money via paypal.
Old Feb 25, 2014, 12:19 pm
Original Poster

Update:
I just paid 1890€ for the dinner cruise to make the Feb 28 deadline.

Booking stats:
Airbus tour: 33 booked, 7 open, capacity 40
LH tour : 21 booked, 6 waitlist, capacity 22
Dinner Cruise: 19 booked, capacity 18

We had 2-3 folks on the fence, so I think the LH tour waitlist should mostly clear .

I will send out a PM on how to send me the cash (via paypal or wire) shortly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.