• Dinner - barbeque at the sunset viewing platform
    • The price includes the $25 cost of the compulsory three day park pass
Print Wikipost

Oz Fest #11. "The Red Centre" Australia. Memorial Day Weekend, May 23-25, 2014

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2013, 2:31 pm

Programs: First Time Flyer
Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
10 now on QF1940 26-May AYQ 10:30 26-May ASP 11:15.
So no platinum shadows? Who will get the best seats?
The mysteries of QantasLink seating allocation. Do serfty or ozbeachbabe have any idea?

Anecdotally the aircraft is weight balanced (eg. shadow seats blocked based on load), then the "better" forward seats are pre-allocated pre-check-in based on status (OWE +) and PCV.

But it will certainly be interesting to see where we all end up.

~

Last edited by penegal; Dec 9, 2013 at 2:36 pm Reason: spelling
Old Dec 9, 2013, 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by gvdIAD
Good to know there'll be someone to help me get to the flight to ADL and be sure I don't get lost in what I'm sure is the cavernous ASP Airport.
It is very confusing... Just head to the "Pink" Qantas Club

http://www.alicespringsairport.com.a...rminal-map.gif
Old Dec 9, 2013, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by penegal
The mysteries of QantasLink seating allocation. Do serfty or ozbeachbabe have any idea?

Anecdotally the aircraft is weight balanced (eg. shadow seats blocked based on load), then the "better" forward seats are pre-allocated pre-check-in based on status (OWE +) and PCV.
Qantas do not currently allow seat pre-selection before OLCI thir one class 717/Q400/DH* metal.
Old Dec 9, 2013, 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by serfty
Qantas do not currently allow seat pre-selection before OLCI thir one class 717/Q400/DH* metal.
Yes, but they (QF) do seem to pre-allocate premium pax towards the front of the aircraft prior to OLCI?
Old Dec 9, 2013, 5:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by penegal
Yes, but they (QF) do seem to pre-allocate premium pax towards the front of the aircraft prior to OLCI?
Sure - Altea and PCV come to the fore ...
Old Dec 16, 2013, 11:13 pm

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
All our flights have been booked, ticketed, linked and updated - although AA gave me a couple of concerns but El Segundo came through to save me

Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
Have updated flights in post 10
cat207 & cat207_+1 are on the same BNE-DRW-ASP flights
We're in 4A & 4B, so cat207 & cat207_+1 can find us beforehand in the BNE Business Lounge, or onboard. We're slumming it in Coach on the DRW/ASP flight

Originally Posted by gvdIAD
Good to know there'll be someone to help me get to the flight to ADL and be sure I don't get lost in what I'm sure is the cavernous ASP Airport.
I'm pretty sure Bundy Bear will be on the ASP/ADL sectors as well. Never been to ASP before, so will it be the blind leading the blind? . Thanks to penegal for the map
Old Dec 17, 2013, 2:00 am

Programs: QF
Originally Posted by QF WP
We're in 4A & 4B, so cat207 & cat207_+1 can find us beforehand in the BNE Business Lounge, or onboard. We're slumming it in Coach on the DRW/ASP flight
cat207 & cat207_+1 are slumming it on all seven flights on this booking.
Old Dec 17, 2013, 10:00 pm

Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
Originally Posted by Cat207
cat207 & cat207_+1 are slumming it on all seven flights on this booking.
Well then you need to have breakfast in the BNE Business Lounge with us before the DRW flight. We've got you both covered, plus we can get you access in the DRW QP as well if needed. I'll PM you closer to the date with contact details
Old Dec 19, 2013, 2:00 am

Programs: QF
Originally Posted by QF WP
Well then you need to have breakfast in the BNE Business Lounge with us before the DRW flight. We've got you both covered, plus we can get you access in the DRW QP as well if needed. I'll PM you closer to the date with contact details
Thank you for the offer, but I'll be QF WP (the status, not the person) before then so unless I've got it wrong I should have lounge access covered. Company for breakfast would be great though.
Old Dec 20, 2013, 5:21 am

Programs: LT Marriott Gold, Velocity Gold, Accor Gold
Should warn you that the DRW club lounge can turn into a total disaster if your flight is leaving around lunchtime as during the 12-3 period a lot of flights leave at the same time. We were there earlier this year and how that lounge was not in violation of fire codes I don't know. There would have been a good 50+ people standing around looking for seats as it was so crowded, so I wouldn't be planning on a relaxing experience during the period.
Old Dec 22, 2013, 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by Cat207
Thank you for the offer, but I'll be QF WP (the status, not the person) before then so unless I've got it wrong I should have lounge access covered. Company for breakfast would be great though.
I have enough trouble being me . Company for breakfast assured.

Originally Posted by Toula
Should warn you that the DRW club lounge can turn into a total disaster if your flight is leaving around lunchtime as during the 12-3 period a lot of flights leave at the same time. We were there earlier this year and how that lounge was not in violation of fire codes I don't know. There would have been a good 50+ people standing around looking for seats as it was so crowded, so I wouldn't be planning on a relaxing experience during the period.
Thanks for the warning. We (the QF WP's and Cat_207's) have 1.5 hours (1.10pm arrival and 2.40pm departure), so let's hope we get in. Nothing out of the ordinary (QP crowding) - used to it at BNE & PER
Old Dec 23, 2013, 3:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BD, QF, QR/EY/GF & HH Gold/SPG, Hertz#1G
Please add BiziBB and Mrs BiziBB to Plat at this stage.
Like chchkiwi, it's a credit to the organisers that the incredible Uluru is part of OzFest; it should be quite an experience.

Some of the travel experience of OzFest regulars will be invaluable in the arranging of the tours. Thanks to the organisers and brains trust behind this one!

It would be great if Bill could get a group deal on the flight back to Sydney on Monday at 1.45PM!
Old Dec 23, 2013, 4:47 pm

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Another fare sale

FWIW we just picked up tickets on sale SYD-ASP and AYQ-ADL. We got at least one leg on a Spirit of Australia fare, running until January 3.

Probably most folks wanting to buy these are monitoring QF themselves but we're relaying this just in case.

Flying out of AYQ we'll be greeting a number of you as we walk past you toward the back rows.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all confirmed and potential attendees!
Old Dec 23, 2013, 5:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

More on that sale: (Note that fares tend to be the same each way)

Cheap Flights from Alice Springs | Flights from Alice Springs | Qantas

Cheap Flights from Alice Springs | Flights from Ayres Rock (Uluru) | Qantas
Old Dec 23, 2013, 5:36 pm

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Thanks for adding that. ^ The QF site is tricky - at least for this furriner - and I didn't have my travel agent Mrs. Fredd to hold my hand and do it for me - she's busy wrapping presents for little ones.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.