Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2013, 2:00 pm

Programs: UA, DL, AA, BD, NZ, QF, DJ, RCC, SPG, Priority Club, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by MartinMemo
Change this to Platinum - all booked;

Hotels -
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel; Friday & Saturday night
Outback Pioneer (Ibis); Sunday night
I'm also booked at the above hotels but have yet to nail down flights within Australia. Thanks to Air NZ having a 24 hour sale I have booked CHC-MEL 22/5 and returning on the 28th.
Old Nov 6, 2013, 2:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Outback pioneer hotel rooms from the link to the Accor hotels website only go as low as the Budget room with ensuite bathroom. They also have rooms w/ shared bath for $198 AUD or they have a hostel as well for about $50 AUD bookable on the following site http://www.ayersrockresort.com.au/bookings/
Old Nov 6, 2013, 3:33 pm

Programs: VA
Originally Posted by CDKing
Outback pioneer hotel rooms from the link to the Accor hotels website only go as low as the Budget room with ensuite bathroom. They also have rooms w/ shared bath for $198 AUD or they have a hostel as well for about $50 AUD bookable on the following site http://www.ayersrockresort.com.au/bookings/
I can confirm I have booked the Budget room w/ ensuite bathroom 1 x double 1 x single bed @ $240 best unrestricted. If accom all gets too much and availability starts running out I wouldn't have an issue letting someone crash on the bunk bed.

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Nov 7, 2013 at 4:27 am Reason: URL in quoted text approved
Old Nov 6, 2013, 3:45 pm

Programs: Prefer to stay where the herded cats are staying, IHG , Hyatt gold, bottom fish in other chains
Originally Posted by chchkiwi
Sorry to hear that Dede but fully understand. Hopefully I'll see you before 2015!
Maybe SIN DO 2014???
Old Nov 6, 2013, 11:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
We (MikeMpls, WifeMpls) are Gold for this, probably Platinum in 24-48 hours if we can find UA award availability at the peon level. We haven't flown for almost 3 years since TSA assaulted WifeMpls, but WifeMpls really wants to do this trip.

We are
PLATINUM

Arrive SYD 5/16 UA 863
Arrive ASP 5/22 QF 790

Depart AYQ 5/27 JQ 661
Depart SYD 5/29 CA 174 (1st class on China Air via Beijing )

We will spend the three nights (5/22-25) in Alice Springs at the Hilton Tree Tree on points (already booked).

When you try to arrange a package deal for the night at Ayr's Rock, it would be nice if you could arrange an optional second night. We are departing Tuesday instead of Monday.

Last edited by MikeMpls; Nov 7, 2013 at 9:48 am Reason: Upgrade to Platinum
Old Nov 7, 2013, 5:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Originally Posted by MikeMpls

When you try to arrange a package deal for the night at Ayr's Rock, it would be nice if you could arrange an optional second night. We are departing Tuesday instead of Monday.
Yes Mike, I think we'll get a FAR better deal approaching Accor for 20 or 30 rooms as a group booking, with Sunday dinner, and add-one day oton for those staying longer.

I'd suggest right now folks do **NOT** book Uluru hotel separately, as all that will do is diminish inventory, and make them far less keen to do a group deal.

Rates individually are pretty high, but they are used to dealing with groups via agents and tour companies.

Sarah did have one rate - and as a back up does anyone have an ACCOR contact we can approach?

Glen
Old Nov 7, 2013, 8:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by MikeMpls
Depart SYD 5/29 CA 174 (1st class on China Air via Beijing )
Im doing CA as well but different day J SYD-PEK and F PEK-IAH
Old Nov 7, 2013, 7:52 pm

Programs: VA
I have reached out to an Accor Area General Manager who is currently tracking down the best person for us to manage this with if we choose the group booking option. Whoever needs to be across this PM me your email address so I can keep you in the loop (without spamming this thread).

Just an update - I have been given an Accor contact
We have a meeting on Monday to discuss.

Last edited by MartinMemo; Nov 8, 2013 at 2:39 am Reason: update
Old Nov 8, 2013, 1:35 pm

Programs: QF
Arrow Award seats to Alice (ASP) Fri 23 May from Oz gateway cities

It doesn't matter whether you're arriving in Australia on carriers from the OneWorld, Star Alliance or SkyTeam Alliances, there are non-stop flights to Alice from ADL/CNS/DRW/MEL/PER/SYD which would give you the option of having a night or two pre Ozfest at a different city to where you may have stayed previously.

I've had a look at Expert Flyer and there's currently plenty of "X" award availability into Alice. The 4-digit flgiht numbers below eg QF1949 CNS/ASP are operated by Qantas Link B717 so are all economy/coach.

The only flights into Alice offering a J cabin are ex Adelaide, Melbourne & Sydney & will have limited "U" class award availability due to these services being operated by B73H aircraft.

The flight availability below is for Friday 23 May 2014. Non-stop flights BNE/ASP operate on weekends only but there is "X" award availability on Sat 24 May BNE/ASP on QF1798 0820/1100.

Adelaide/Alice Springs (2.05 hrs) QF 723 1000/1205 (U2/X7)

Cairns/Alice Springs (2.25 hrs) QF 1949 1120/1315 (X7)

Darwin/Alice Springs (2.00 hrs) QF 1935 0710/0910 (X7)

Darwin/Alice Springs (2.00 hrs) QF 1939 1440/1640 (X7)

Melbourne/Alice Springs (2.55 hrs) QF 796 0845/1110 (U2 / X6)

Perth/Alice Springs (2.40 hrs) QF 1938 1215/1625 (X7)

Sydney/Alice Springs (3.15 hrs) QF 790 0940/1225 (X6)
Old Nov 8, 2013, 5:20 pm

Programs: QF
Fairly new AFF member here, just joined FT as I'm very keen to do this 'do' - so Gold for me +1.

Now gotta figure out the best routing from GLT without having to take a week off work! All suggestions gratefully accepted.

Upgrade to Platinum for Cat207 & Mr Cat207. Flights and Doubletree ASP booked - awaiting further advice re: Uluru accommodation.

Last edited by Cat207; Nov 10, 2013 at 2:19 pm Reason: Upgrade to Platinum
Old Nov 8, 2013, 5:37 pm

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
Okay, add Mrs QF WP and me as Plats - never been there so should be quite memorable
Old Nov 8, 2013, 7:42 pm
In memoriam

Programs: UA GS/1K/2MM, HH Diamond, Starwood Gold, Marriott Gold
Color me Platinum

Count me in again this year - UA booked in and out of SYD, now I only have to worry about getting a pigeon to drop me off at ASP
Old Nov 9, 2013, 12:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
I have been casting about trying to get a date changed but it has turned out to be impossible to resolve the conflict that the Ozfest runs into for us this year.

I must be in NYC on May 21 and may very well need to be here through the following week. So sadly, unless things change, we will not be able to attend this year.

However, we'll be following this thread to see how all of our friends are doing down under and it is a cert that we will try to get to OzFest #12.
Old Nov 9, 2013, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Originally Posted by Mwenenzi

DH:- You may need to make a small detour to Kiwiland for Oz Fest 12 2015. However Oz Fest 12 may or may not be in NZ.
New Zealand is written into the original Australian constitution, so its covered by Oz Fest
We'd prefer South Island please.

Dan
Old Nov 9, 2013, 6:32 pm

Programs: BA Gold, QF Gold, VA Gold, IC Diamond Amb., HH Diamond
Sorry, will have to drop off my +1, getting back to IAH for her on the 26th is just going to be too finnicky.

I'm still definitely coming though, booked at the Doubletree in ASP 23rd-25th, waiting on anything to come out of a group rate in AYQ and also AYQ-SYD with VA.

Booked SYD-PER on VA evening of the 26th at this stage.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.