Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Around the World in 5 Boroughs: Join Us!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Around the World in 5 Boroughs: Join Us!!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2017, 9:15 am

Programs: QC Life, QFF Gold, VA Gold, HH nothing,IHG Gold
I was considering attending but I am still tired from BRT, saving my energy for wine tonight.
Old Jun 11, 2017, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Between the subway construction and the streets shut down for Puerto Rican parade I'm running a little late. I need to pick a better hotel for next year
Old Jun 11, 2017, 9:25 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Hilton, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott
I'm running late. So many issues with the subway.
Old Jun 11, 2017, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Well, it was 1:15 and I was ½ hour away when I telephoned monitor. He advised they were just getting the check ...

Ohm, well maybe another time (to date, the Brazilian Meat Fest remains my single and very memorable attendance).
Old Jun 11, 2017, 12:47 pm

Programs: US, HH
Was nice to see old friends and a few new faces! Made my commute to JFK just fine with a little time to spare. See everybody at another AW5B.
Old Jun 11, 2017, 3:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold 0.66MM, MR LT Titanium, IHG Platinum, Hertz PC
Thanks again to all who came this morning! I'm consistently blown away at the turnout for what started a little more than four years ago as a personal quest to explore more of this wonderful city and celebrate its cultural diversity. .

As always, please do not hesitate to let me know if there is a particular date for one of these meals that would be convenient to your calendar; we have another 154 countries to go and I'm more than happy to schedule them around regulars' or visitors' availabilities.
Old Jun 12, 2017, 6:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Again, thewayofthefuture found a little gem of a place for Sunday brunch. The food and service were first rate and the wine list was quite unusual in that it featured only three whites and three reds but each one had clearly been selected by someone who knew and cared about that sort of thing. I do think we need to go back there one of these days.

We are back in town from the 6th thru the 9th of next month and if AW5B is in motion during that period, we will find it.
Old Jun 17, 2017, 8:09 am

Programs: A3 *Gold, AA Plat, AB Plat, Hilton Dia
Do you already have some dates for the upcoming meets?
Old Jun 17, 2017, 8:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Thanks to our host thewayofthefuture and all participants.... ^

Excellent idea to have it the same weekend as the other NYC FT events (Soup Do, BRT, Wine Do), though I do realize that our host's schedule may not always permit this.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 10:25 pm
Original Poster

@KathyKdrf, I'll definitely try to keep scheduling these around the other events in the future! Great to have so many people able to join from out of town.

@johnnywho, nothing on the calendar just yet. I've just started a new project at work that has me away from NY a bit, so the next time I'll be able to do one is probably sometime in the July 6-9 timeframe that monitor mentioned above.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 10:53 am
Original Poster

This one came together at the last moment (and was originally going to be Icelandic), but meal #47 will be Laotian tomorrow (Friday) night at Khe-Yo in Tribeca. We now have 1 open seat if anyone would care to join us. Dinner is at 8:15.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 6:57 pm
Original Poster

Spain, November 4

My apologies, it's been entirely too long since our last meal. Up next will be Spain on the evening of Saturday, November 4, when a number of the regulars are available. I will lock down an exact time and place in the next couple of days after I get a chance to go location scouting, but expect it to be in Manhattan ~8pm. Details to follow...
Old Oct 23, 2017, 7:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by thewayofthefuture
My apologies,...
No need to apologize. There are such things as work and life that interfere with stuff like this. As stated, a couple of regulars here are good to go on Nov 4.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 11:39 am

Programs: DL KM/DM/2MM (NH Plat emeritus, CO Plat emeritus, and no place like home)
Nov-04-2017? I'd be there. It's the way of the future...
Old Oct 25, 2017, 4:56 pm

Programs: UAL 1K MM, AA Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hertz President's Circle, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Amex Plat
I'm in - as of now. If my plans change I'll update, but it would be nice to see everyone again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.