Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Around the World in 5 Boroughs: Join Us!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Around the World in 5 Boroughs: Join Us!!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2022, 2:09 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
one of these days...
Old Jul 22, 2022, 12:29 pm

Programs: DL PM MM SC; GE; Bonvoy Titanium; IHG Diamond
Moving myself from interested to attending but still not 100% certain. I'm having a lousy week and can't decide if the always good company of FTers will cheer me up or if I should just keep my possibly uncompanionable self home and wallow. I'll see how I feel in a few hours.
thewayofthefuture likes this.
Old Jul 22, 2022, 3:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold 0.66MM, MR LT Titanium, IHG Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ShopAround
Moving myself from interested to attending but still not 100% certain. I'm having a lousy week and can't decide if the always good company of FTers will cheer me up or if I should just keep my possibly uncompanionable self home and wallow. I'll see how I feel in a few hours.
one seat still free, hope you can make it!
Flying Machine likes this.
Old Jul 22, 2022, 3:57 pm

Programs: DL PM MM SC; GE; Bonvoy Titanium; IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by thewayofthefuture
one seat still free, hope you can make it!
Getting dressed now, I'll be there. Better to get out and have fun than stay home.
Flying Machine likes this.
Old Jul 22, 2022, 8:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by ShopAround
Getting dressed now, I'll be there. Better to get out and have fun than stay home.
Wish I saw this sooner. I worked from the city today; I could have helped you pregame

I have been told that it was a great time tonight. Sorry again I wasn't able to make it.

-J.
ShopAround likes this.
Old Jul 27, 2022, 9:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Brooklyn - Sunday July 31 at 12:00 Noon - Smorgasburg
Old May 23, 2023, 1:19 pm
Original Poster

#57 - Turkey

Well, it's been far too long since we had one of these, so at monitor's request we're getting together for Turkish food next Thursday night in advance of the big annual FT weekend in NYC. This will be our 57th meal overall, but seating is limited to 10, unless demand is high and someone wants to make a second reservation.

Dinner will be at 7pm, Thursday 6/1 at Akdeniz in Midtown.

7 seats are claimed but we've got 3 more open. Let me know if you'd like to claim one

Attending
bdnyc
Bob W
calcifer
FlyinHawaiian
monitor +1
thewayofthefuture
KathyWdrf and jackal like this.
Old May 23, 2023, 1:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
I would have loved to join, but I'll be picking up a couple of west coast FTers at JFK during the 8pm hour Hope you all enjoy and see some of you on Sunday at the WineDO.

-J.
Old May 23, 2023, 1:31 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Enjoy!
Old May 23, 2023, 4:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Unfortunately won't be in town, but when these get back to a regular pace, hope to catch more of them!
Old May 23, 2023, 7:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Please add me to the list for Turkish food on June 1!
Old May 24, 2023, 1:51 pm
Original Poster

With the addition of KathyWdrf and two non-FT friends, we're at 10/10 seats claimed on the reservation for next Thursday. If there is additional interest I can start a wait list and see if the restaurant is able to accommodate a larger group.
Old May 24, 2023, 7:51 pm

Originally Posted by krazykanuck
Unfortunately won't be in town, but when these get back to a regular pace, hope to catch more of them!
+1 on this. My better half has never been to NYC, so this is how I'd like her to see it. Even with krazykanuck
Old May 31, 2023, 7:18 pm
Original Poster

7:30

Hi everyone! Looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow night, but…. I accidentally double booked myself with a playoff kickball game in the park tomorrow evening before dinner and if i were to miss the game the team would be shorthanded and would have to forfeit.

As such, I’ve adjusted our reservation to 7:30. Hopefully that still works for everyone, but please let me know if not.

Sorry and thanks for the flexibility!
Old Jun 1, 2023, 11:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
My SO and I will be up in the city the week of June 25-29 for a work obligation that I quite frankly would rather not be in town for.

Sooooo if we all want to get together for dinner that week? Sunday or Monday would probably be best. I'd love to see where thewayofthefuture might lead us. Let's try to make lemonade out of lemons! Also FFS who summons remote team members the week adjacent to a holiday weekend?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.