Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

JOIN IN - OFFICIAL 2013 Secret Santa Extravaganza!

Old Nov 6, 2013, 5:50 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: maskedmesothorium
Useful Information & Resources

New to Secret Santa, read this!
To see who's participating, go here!
USPS Prohibited Items
Keep customs charges in mind if you are shipping internationally or use a 'local' webstore such as amazon.ca / .co.uk / .de / etc.
Some interesting Secret Santa Statistics

Checklist

• Send PM to wharvey following the requirements set out in post 1 before the deadline of November 23, 2013.
  • Wait for your assignment
  • Start researching your assignment and get shopping
  • Notify wharvey of what you bought and that you sent your gifts, get a tracking number with delivery verification if possible
  • When you receive your gift, notify wharvey of what you received.
  • Post a photo or description here to show everyone what you got and publicly thank your Santa.

Hints, requests, and gift suggestions

Did you post about what you'd like to receive beyond what was in your PM? Any special requests or other requirements? Link that post here with your username.

kipper #1 #2 #3
Redhead #1
Jinxy #1
MrDplus #1
B7e7US #1
evanderm #1 #2

Gifts Sent (Don't forget to PM wharvey)

mpc7488
Redhead - all gifts sent to all 3 giftees
Jinxy | round 2
evanderm
slocouple |
CDTraveler
and
MrDplus
Underpressure
balima | more round2
timmy83
B7e7US
kaija
rwoman
miffSC
yunicorner
weather - 2 mailed with 1 to be delivered by other means
basejump
98103 all 3 shipped
oliver2002 - mailed 12/14 from NYC
want2fly4less- gifts sent from amazon.com on the 21st of November
dcstudent - all gifts sent and received by my giftees (according to USPS and UPS tracking). I don't know if one of my recipients likes cats, but he got a case of them anyways.
hgiphl
tcl
nrdk
The Deal Mommy
maskedmesothorium
Polomarc
skyemema
nomadic.relief
MissJoeyDFW sent all three, all three confirmed received.
WIRunner - Both sent 1 completely delivered, 1 mostly
medichill
lisamcgu - all my gifts have been sent and delivered over the past two months.
silverhalide post 1 post 2
Gomac 2 of 2
Jeffie
SESTAR
Skyemema 1 of 1 delivered.
TravelConcierge
jackal - sent Priority Mail 12/18, USPS confirmed delivery 12/20
elCheapoDeluxe - sent 21-Nov-2013

Gifts Received (Don't forget to PM wharvey)

Oliver2002 post
elf618 post post post post post
soccerfanz10 post
Gomac post
LAtraveler1 post
Jinxy post
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/21957924-post486.html
dibby post
oenophilist post
woofly post
timmy83 post post
balima post post post
rwoman post 1, 2, and 3
tcl post post post post post post post post
MoreMilesPlease Post
WIRunner Post 1 of 2
Redhead Post
Underpressure Post
evanderm Post
miffSc Post 1 of 2 Picture 1 of 2
basejump Post
98103 - 1st Post 2nd Post
AussieOzzie Post
CDTraveler
want2fly4lessPost
MrDPlus post 1 of 2
B7e7US Post
lisamcgu Post
wto605 Post
weather 2 gifts received, 3rd arrived!!
nomadic.relief 1 of 3 Post
Jerseygirl17 post 1 and 2
MissJoeyDFW All 3 gifts received
SESTAR
SLOCouple 2 gifts received:
Post and Post
mpc7488 Gift #1
silverhalide post 1 and 2
hginphl
Jeffie Post 1 and Post 2
yunicorner post 1 and 2
nrdk
elCheapoDeluxe - Received 20-Nov-2013 and opened 25-Dec-2013
jackal post
medichill post
maskedmesothorium post

Who's your Santa

Think you've figured it out?! Link to your speculation (or confirmation) posts on who has sent you your gifts. Have some fun and leave some clues, be cryptic.

balima post
tcl post postpost
miffSC Post
nrdk Post
wto605 Post

How to post pictures of your gifts
A guide from the Travel Photography forum
Print Wikipost

JOIN IN - OFFICIAL 2013 Secret Santa Extravaganza!

Old Dec 23, 2013, 4:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by nrdk
Just received notification that some unexpected packages are left at my door for when I get home, not sure if I'll be able to resist tearing into them, as my girlfriend has been trying so very hard to convince me that Santa would want us to have an early Christmas :lol:

On a different note, I've noticed that my giftee has been sampling and enjoying the various deliveries, they're almost all opened at this point but just the last (and in my opinion best) gift to go. Excited for the update
LOL, your Santa would want you to open them whenever they arrive.
Originally Posted by tcl
I just wanted Balima to know that her boxes sent directly from WorldMarket are still safely untouched under the tree awaiting Christmas day. I will post when they are opened.

To my TX Santa, thank you. We will be having the full Cowboy Breakfast as part of our Christmas Lunch.

To my Iowa Santa, thank you. The beer, wine and cheese are in the fridge being brought down to temperature for consumption.

Also the SO just told me that he needs to schedule some time to go shopping since my Santas got me cooler presents than he could think of!
The Cowboy Breakfast sounds amazing!!! The beer from your Iowa Santa looks great too!

So, I think I know who one of my Santas is, based on the name... tcl, are you one of my Santas?
Old Dec 23, 2013, 5:09 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, CX Gold, VA Gold, BA paeon, VS rabble, NZ A$ bru
Dear Santas,

I have been a very busy chap flying and working this Christmas period and have only just sat down on my parents' sofa in rural England in front of the fire with (thanks, Santa number three) a glass of sake in my new sake set. Patrick Smith's book (also from Santa number three) is awaiting perusal, but first I wanted to write my thank-yous.

Before I left home in the States, Santa number one sent me a box of Vermont food, which will have to wait until the New Year to be munched through.

But I did get through one of the smashing bottles of New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc that Santa number two sent (you knew my favourites!) and used the iTunes voucher to top up my iPad's movie list.

Happy Christmas Eve to you, Santas, and to all reading.
Old Dec 23, 2013, 5:11 pm

I will admit to being very confused! I received two packages today...

The one package contained:
  • Zebra striped knives (so cool, and random, and so me, because I love animal print stuff!)
  • Le Creuset salt and pepper shakers (vintage, per the tag, and gorgeous)
  • Monkey fist dog toy (apparently, Empress Cobaka contacted Santa, and complained that we wouldn't buy it for her, because she'll injure me with it, I'm sure)
  • Cloud Star Buddy Biscuits (no wonder the dogs were all over the box)

Thank you, Santa!!! I'm in love with the knives, and I'm interested to try them since they're teflon-coated!

The second package is at my parents' house, and is waiting for me there.
Old Dec 23, 2013, 5:16 pm

Originally Posted by kipper
LOL, your Santa would want you to open them whenever they arrive.
Great because I tore into the package as soon as it arrived

An extra secret Santa (spoiler above) got some great gifts for our pups and my girlfriend and I's upcoming ("free" thanks again FT) trip to Aruba! The treats are perfect (made in USA, no gluten/corn/soy filler) and they'll be devoured as quick as we'll let the dogs get to them. A guidebook was exactly what I have been putting off getting as well so it fits perfect as I'm just beginning to get into the planning stage for the trip in February And my girlfriend loved the little travel pack of beauty items, pretty sure it was the pink one that had a great scent to it. Thanks again!

Old Dec 23, 2013, 5:39 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat; Marriott Plat: Hilton Gold
It is so much fun seeing what people got! There are some really nice things out there - and some great Santas! :-)

And a bunch of dog lovers out there as well!

[/QUOTE]
Old Dec 23, 2013, 5:48 pm

An extra secret Santa (spoiler above) got some great gifts for our pups and my girlfriend and I's upcoming ("free" thanks again FT) trip to Aruba! The treats are perfect (made in USA, no gluten/corn/soy filler) and they'll be devoured as quick as we'll let the dogs get to them. A guidebook was exactly what I have been putting off getting as well so it fits perfect as I'm just beginning to get into the planning stage for the trip in February And my girlfriend loved the little travel pack of beauty items, pretty sure it was the pink one that had a great scent to it. Thanks again!
You did what I do, and I do not know how people have patience to wait!

My two love the Zuke's treats, and I do give them those because they're US-made, and have none of the standard fillers.

Glad to see your girlfriend enjoyed her present! I tried to get each of you something, and there are still 2 packages to arrive. The downside is that, per UPS, one won't arrive until Friday. Figure it'll be for New Year's.

Last edited by kipper; Dec 23, 2013 at 6:25 pm
Old Dec 23, 2013, 6:22 pm

Programs: FSPP, Virtuoso, Belmond Bellini Club, STARS, Hyatt Privé, Peninsula PenClub, etc.
Many, many thanks to my Secret Santa for the delectable Michel Cluizel 1ers Crus de Plantation ganaches! Mmm, cannot wait to taste them and share them with my family. The box of Amedei dark chocolate with an almond hazelnut praline filling looks amazing as well
Thanks again!
Old Dec 23, 2013, 6:33 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat; Marriott Plat: Hilton Gold
Thank You Santa 3!

I could not stand it. I had to open the package from Santa 3. Again, I wish I could post pics - but Santa 3 sent:

A set of Trader Vic Tiki Type Salt and Pepper Shakers
An American Airlines Coffee Cup
A Pan Am Travel Document Holder (the new kind)
A box of Teuscher's of Switzerland chocolates all in the shape of cats!
A couple Trader Vic's coasters
And ... a Trader Vic's polo shirt

Thank you very much!

Merry Christmas...
Old Dec 23, 2013, 6:46 pm

Originally Posted by Nicksterguy
A box of Teuscher's of Switzerland chocolates all in the shape of cats!
I need this!
Old Dec 23, 2013, 6:52 pm

Originally Posted by MissJoeyDFW
I need this!
I know who the Santa is who sends that. The chocolates are amazing!!!

Last edited by kipper; Dec 23, 2013 at 7:24 pm Reason: my brain is fried after news I received today--I feel like I'm channeling Yoda!
Old Dec 23, 2013, 7:12 pm

No delivery notification so the last of the gifts will have to wait till after the holidays.

Happy Festivus everyone!
Old Dec 23, 2013, 7:20 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Plat
Smile

Just received a package from my secret Santa. I was quite surprise to find a very nice wine sommelier set, wine aerator And space invader drink markers. A Lego led light key chain and a cat toy.

thank you secret Santa.
Old Dec 23, 2013, 8:52 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by oenophilist
Also should note that all three gifts (besides the theater ticket) are still unopened waiting for Christmas day. Guess I am a traditionalist

I hope those that received mine are pleased with their gifts, there was a lot of thought put into all!
Yes! It was wonderful! Thanks a lot
Old Dec 23, 2013, 9:25 pm
tcl

Location: In a hotel somewhere trying to repack everything I brought (and bought) in to a carry-on smaller than my last one.
Programs: UA, Asia Miles, Southwest, IHG
Well last of my packages is out the door, guaranteed before Christmas and should help to spread some holiday cheer Santa's helpers are set to deliver one of the other presents quicker than expected, so a bit of sweet indulgence before Christmas which is never a bad thing.

Also received a great email from my own secret Santa, promising some great cheer in the form of liquid greatness and even a gift for the girlfriend and pups (when I told her about SS to begin with, first thing out of her mouth was if they knew to get her something, so this part cracked me up ). I have a sneaking suspicion I know who the SS is as well from their use of the word kibblers Looking at you kipper
Just received notification that some unexpected packages are left at my door for when I get home, not sure if I'll be able to resist tearing into them, as my girlfriend has been trying so very hard to convince me that Santa would want us to have an early Christmas :lol:

On a different note, I've noticed that my giftee has been sampling and enjoying the various deliveries, they're almost all opened at this point but just the last (and in my opinion best) gift to go. Excited for the update

Combining the hints above, location, initials and most importantly the tree and ornaments that look exactly like the tree the 2 adorable pups were photographed in their Christmas sweaters in my most recent card from my Iowa Santa: nrdk are you my Santa?
Old Dec 23, 2013, 9:42 pm

Programs: HHonors™ Gold
Thumbs up Thanks ckidder331

I received a $50 Marriott TravelCard today from ckidder331 along with a beautiful greeting card. Thank you so much. I really appreciate it and look forward to using it! Happy Holidays!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.