Reload this Page >

A hole in Flyertalk that may never be filled: RIP Cordelli

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 17, 2013, 10:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
Thank you to dhammer53 for the Mass Service [post 117] and Donation information [post 122]:

Update: 27th August, 2013

Cards can be mailed to Anna at

18 Mill Rd
Easton, CT 06612-2220
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anna Cordelli has asked that in lieu of flowers, please consider sending donations in honor of Mike to the following non-profit organizations:

T.A.I.L.S (The Alliance in Limiting Strays)
PO Box 2277
Westport, CT 06880
http://www.tailsct.org/4/index.php

or

Colbert Veterinary Rescue
41 County Road 229,
Colbert, GA 30628
http://www.colbertvetrescue.org/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FYI, Mike was a co-founder of T.A.I.L.S.
Print Wikipost

A hole in Flyertalk that may never be filled: RIP Cordelli

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2013, 8:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
TAILs donation at $750.

I don't have any funds in my Paypal account. I could transfer it from banking I suppose. Does anyone know if TAILs accepts checks? If so, I'd just mail them a check in memory of Mike.

Cheers.
Old Sep 8, 2013, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
...Does anyone know if TAILs accepts checks? If so, I'd just mail them a check in memory of Mike....
They received and cashed ours so, as expected, a check is welcome.
Old Sep 20, 2013, 6:01 pm

Programs: HHonors, Hyatt GP, Marriott, Varying Levels w/ UA /AF /DL /SQ /AA
Wow, sorry for being late but this is certainly terrible news.

When I think "Cordelli" it takes me back years, especially from the time I spent on the UA board when I used to fly UA a lot. It's funny how we can create a personality around others based on how someone makes us feel when we interact with them enough on the boards we frequent; when seeing his name next to a post I would think "Oh, good, something I'd like to read." Class act indeed, that guy, and this news just sucks.

I wasn't as close to Mike as so many here were, but Mike, his wife, and all those who so acutely feel the pain of this loss are in my thoughts.
Old Sep 22, 2013, 6:58 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by monitor
They received and cashed ours so, as expected, a check is welcome.
Thanks. Will send a check. Card already sent to Anna.

Cheers.
Old Oct 21, 2013, 10:47 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Today would have been Mike's 56th Birthday so I thought I'd bump this thread. Happy Birthday wherever you are, Mike. We miss you everyday and we'll be thinking of you even more today.
Old Oct 30, 2013, 7:11 pm

Programs: UA 1.5 Million Mile flyer, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz 5* and PC since 1985
So sorry to hear of his passing.
I have been the recipient of some great advice from him.
May I see you on another plain
RIP
Old Nov 4, 2013, 12:37 am

Programs: Various
I'm late to post, as I don't spend much time on FT and was really at a loss for words when I saw RIP Cordelli.

Mike was somebody that would help, answer questions, give advice, give feedback to anybody that needed it. His interactions were always thoughtful, and in good taste....overall what a decent person is all about. I admired his culinary and wine knowledge the most. His posts live on and on into eternity to help others beyond today learn and grow.
Old Nov 4, 2013, 4:06 pm

Programs: SPG, AA, B6. No longer "still CO to me" with account spent down. RIP CO.
Unhappy Wow

I saw this in one of the Talk Board candidate posts. I had the pleasure of meeting Cordelli last December at the NYC Hannukah Do. We shared a table and exchanged some PMs after. What a gentleman and what a loss to his family and the FT community.

RIP
Old Nov 5, 2013, 12:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Robt760
I'm late to post, as I don't spend much time on FT and was really at a loss for words when I saw RIP Cordelli.

Mike was somebody that would help, answer questions, give advice, give feedback to anybody that needed it. His interactions were always thoughtful, and in good taste....overall what a decent person is all about. I admired his culinary and wine knowledge the most. His posts live on and on into eternity to help others beyond today learn and grow.
Another latecomer here and I feel exactly the same way as Robt760.

Also, I feel awful that it has taken this long for me to realise that Cordelli is gone from us. Loved his posts, the sort of FTer who always gave me a warm fuzzy feeling, and someone who I could trust and who made me feel comfortable and at ease in discussions. My only consolation is that there are many posts he wrote that I will still have the chance to discover and enjoy. He remains a very vibrant presence (which I guess partly explains the delay in discovering his departure, I must have subconsciously blanked out the IN MEMORIAM wording as it just didn't fit with his writing)
Old Jan 11, 2014, 6:18 pm

Programs: Cruise addict and AirBNB Plat :)
Just found out about this ... SO very sorry to hear about the news. I met him couple of times at the Do's and always pleasant to talk to.

Rest in peace Mike!
Old Aug 4, 2014, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
I heard from a friend of Anna Cordelli last night. If anyone that knew cordelli has the time...

We are having a Celebration of Life for Mike Cordelli on Sunday August 10th at Anna's house in Easton, CT at 3pm.

If anyone needs the address, send me a PM. I plan on attending, unless of course, my daughter-in-law gives birth by then.

dh
Old Aug 4, 2014, 11:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I wish I could make it, this Sunday is the one year anniversary of his passing. Hard to believe we've been without him for a year. These are the words that were written when Thurman Munson passed, I think they apply to Cordelli too:

Our captain and leader has not left us, today, tomorrow, this year, next ... Our endeavors will reflect our love and admiration for him.
Old Aug 10, 2014, 2:29 pm
Original Poster

One year ago today
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2015, 7:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Originally Posted by CMK10
One year ago today
And now two.

Mike would have enjoyed our wine dinner last night (thread in Community). It was a high end wine dinner, one which I know he would have appreciated.

Dan
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2015, 8:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I still miss his presence on FT, moreso when I see one one his very informative posts pop up.

RIP.
SPN Lifer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.