Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

A hole in Flyertalk that may never be filled: RIP Cordelli

Old Aug 17, 2013, 10:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
Thank you to dhammer53 for the Mass Service [post 117] and Donation information [post 122]:

Update: 27th August, 2013

Cards can be mailed to Anna at

18 Mill Rd
Easton, CT 06612-2220
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anna Cordelli has asked that in lieu of flowers, please consider sending donations in honor of Mike to the following non-profit organizations:

T.A.I.L.S (The Alliance in Limiting Strays)
PO Box 2277
Westport, CT 06880
http://www.tailsct.org/4/index.php

or

Colbert Veterinary Rescue
41 County Road 229,
Colbert, GA 30628
http://www.colbertvetrescue.org/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FYI, Mike was a co-founder of T.A.I.L.S.
Print Wikipost

A hole in Flyertalk that may never be filled: RIP Cordelli

Old Aug 12, 2013, 7:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I first saw of Mike's passing on facebook early yesterday and was stunned. Almost a day later, I'm still stunned.

Though we never met in person we frequently communicated on FT. I kept missing the events he was attending. Now I'm sorry I did.

He was one of the nicest and most helpful people around. He will be missed.
Old Aug 12, 2013, 8:26 am

Programs: UA 2MM
Very sad news.
Old Aug 12, 2013, 8:38 am
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
I also met Mike and Anna at this holiday event.... and considered him a friend ever since... I was so impressed with his unselfish giving... especially for the dogs and cats he supported. His co-founding of T.A.I.L.S. is inspirational. He will truly be missed.

Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
I first met Mike and his lovely wife Anna about seven or eight years ago at a holiday party in Southern California; avid travelers that they were, they didn't see anything unusual about flying out to LA for a weekend. When I moved to the East Coast a few years ago, I was lucky enough to see them more at WineDos and private dinners. Mike was a terrific guy and one of the most sage and wise persons I've ever known. On a more personal note, the wedding bands my wife and I wear are from a jeweler that Mike recommended to me and we were offered a "friend of the Cordellis" rate. I'll always have that to remind me of him and his quality as a gentleman.

His sudden passing is a tremendous loss to those who knew him and the FT Community and I hope that Anna will see this thread and find some small comfort in knowing how greatly Mike will be missed and that so many are thinking of her during this most difficult of times. I can guarantee that there will be many toasts to his memory.
Old Aug 12, 2013, 8:51 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Very sad news!
Old Aug 12, 2013, 8:58 am

Programs: AA, UA, DL , IHG Plat, Bonvoy Gold - 2009 FT Fantasy Football Champion
So very sorry to hear this. I had several web encounters with Mike over the years. My prayers go out to his family.
Old Aug 12, 2013, 9:28 am

Programs: FT Member #8119 F & J Free Agent
Originally Posted by kipper
Very sad news!
Yes it is.
Old Aug 12, 2013, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Very sad news. My thoughts and prayers with his family.
Old Aug 12, 2013, 9:56 am

Programs: Many, slipping beneath the horizon
Especially melancholy after reading his prescient last post on FT. He gave us a rare combination of wisdom, common sense and almost constant good humor.

I can't help but borrow from our UK posters a "Last Post" to salute Cordelli.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlYtlyFSTlU
Old Aug 12, 2013, 11:00 am

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Had the benefit of Mike's knowledge thru FT. A pity I had not met him

Death is part of life, easy to say, but hard to suffer for the family. Please take solace in knowing he did much good to the world.

Time for the rest of us to take stock...what remains to be done....? Say I love you, more often ?
Old Aug 12, 2013, 11:02 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I'd like to quote Slaughterhouse Five which I think has something wonderful to say about death:

If you protest, if you think that death is a terrible thing, then you've not understood what I have said.

You see it's time for you to go home - to your lives and your children. It's time for me to be dead for a little while. And then live again. I give you the Tralfamadorian greeting: Hello. Farewell. Hello. Farewell. Eternally connected, eternally embracing. Hello. Farewell.
Old Aug 12, 2013, 11:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Adios and many thanks, Mike, for that NYC Diamond District referral. We got a great story/deal the day we bought her glorious stud earrings. I wish I had a chance to repay the favor.
Old Aug 12, 2013, 11:35 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
Along with many others here, I never had the chance to meet him, but his posts reflected a thoughtful, funny, fundamentally decent guy. RIP.
Old Aug 12, 2013, 12:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I never had the pleasure of meeting him in person, but his posts will be missed. My condolences to his family.

One More Roll
We toast our hearty comrades who have fallen from the skies, and were gently caught by God's own hand to be with him on High.

To dwell among the soaring clouds they've known so well before. From victory roll to tail chase, at heaven's very door.

As we fly among them there, we're sure to head their plea. To take care my friend, watch your six, and do one more roll for me.
Commander Jerry Coffee, Hanoi, 1968.
Old Aug 12, 2013, 12:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Very sad to hear of this loss. He seemed like a fine member of the FT community whose posts were typically constructive and/or insightful. Condolences to his family.
Old Aug 12, 2013, 12:22 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
So shocked to learn about this sad news. What a big loss of FT community and the world we live in. RIP, Mike!

Mike is one of the FTers that I've never met in person but I feel like I knew him well from reading his helpful posts. You'll be dearly missed, cordelli!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.