Old Feb 9, 2014, 8:48 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NewbieRunner
INDIVIDUAL EVENT REGISTRATION

DO DINNER TICKETS

Schedule

AttendeesInbound FlightsAccommodationOutbound Flights

Getting there and getting around
Narita Express (N'EX) | N'EX Tokyo Direct Ticket | N'EX timetable from NRT | N'EX timetable to NRT |Keisei Skyliner | Keisei Skyliner Timetable | Airport Limousine Bus | Access to/from HND | Japan Rail Pass | JR Kanto Area Pass | Using Suica/Pasmo card

Route and station maps
Tokyo Metropolitan Area rail network map | JR East major route map | Tokyo Subway route map | JR Yamanote Line loop | Narita Airport (T1) station map | Narita Airport (T2) station map | Arriving in Shinjuku by Narita Express

Late Registration - Send Private Message to armagebedar, penegal and NewbieRunner
Print Wikipost

2nd Japan Do | Tokyo | April 18-20, 2014

Old Jul 5, 2013, 8:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF WP (OWE) / LTG (LT OWS) | Hyatt Globalist
Thumbs up 2nd Japan Do | Tokyo | April 18-20, 2014

May 2012 - An idea took seed at a boozy after-party at the OzFest in Canberra, “A FlyerTalk Do, in Japan, how much fun would it be....”

March 2013 - 80 odd FlyerTalkers descended upon Tokyo for three days

April 2014 - Its time to do it again!

Yes! Japan Do is back.

Much like the inaugural edition, mk-II will be held in Tokyo. The DO proper is on 18/19/20 April (the Easter weekend, for those who celebrate), with welcome drinks on the evening of Thursday 17th April 2014.

While the specific events and excursions are to be decided, feel free to throw ideas in the ring. The organising team (SQ421, eightblack, penegal, the resident Tokyo Experts NewbieRunner, JALPak - who also doubles up as the JALMileage Bank Ambassador, and armagebedar, the ANA ambassador) will be keeping an eye on this thread as well as throwing out ideas for discussion over the coming weeks and months as the ‘do takes shape. eightblack, NewbieRuner, JALPak and armagebedar were, of course, involved in putting up a great do last year, and I've stepped up this year if only to ensure that eightblack gets time to complete his trip report for the first Japan Do, which all of FT is eagerly waiting for! That being said, the more hands around, the merrier, and anyone who wishes to help out in putting this together, shoot me a PM!

Typically, the ‘do involves a main dinner on the Friday Evening, an event on Saturday (much like the Shinkansen ride to Nagano at the First Do) and another “wrap up” dinner on Saturday. Sunday is when most people start flying back to their shores, while those that stay back tend to catch up with friends old and new over a quiet beverage or two.

There’s no right or wrong at a ‘do. Participate in everything, or nothing, find a bunch of FTers and go do your own thing. If you have an idea, throw it out there. A couple of daytime events at the first do stemmed from people suggesting “hey! lets do this”, posting info about it and it snowballed from there.

This Page ( http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/commu...31-2013-a.html ) should give you an idea of what transpired at the First Do.

Thank you to the 70 who've registered via the EventBrite link so far. Look forward to seeing you all in Japan in a little over two months. The link has now been removed. If you wish to attend the 'do but have not registered yet, please drop me a PM. Event details will be populated shortly and an event registration page will be up soon so we can gather numbers on who's attending which events. Helps logistics and co-ordination.

Those who have their flights organised, please feel free to record the details on the following form. This might allow people to coordinate transport to/from the airport(s) and for Japan First Timers to link up with others in the same boat.

http://tinyurl.com/JapanDo2014-Flights

Once you have confirmed your hotel reservations, please feel free to record the details here:

http://tinyurl.com/JapanDo2014-Hotels
(if splitting your stays, you will need to submit the form once for each stay; Google Forms is limited in its functionality and I couldn't figure out a way to include a if-then-else construct!)

Besides making it easier to coordinate local transport and drinking events, I'm hoping that a consolidated hotel information from this and last years 'do will allow us to explore the possibility of approaching hotels for a group rate for the subsequent 'Do's.

Once sufficient flight/hotel data is collected, we'll populate posts #4, #5 and #6

Cheers
SQ421, on behalf of the organising team

Last edited by SQ421; Feb 18, 2014 at 11:32 pm Reason: Added links for flight and hotel details
Old Jul 5, 2013, 8:28 pm
Original Poster

General Announcements and Updates

Registration for events during the 'Do is now open and available at

http://tinyurl.com/JapanDo2014-EventSignUp

Apart from the Main 'Do Dinner (for which prepayment is required and details will be up shortly); you don't *need* to have said yes to an event to attend an event, nor does saying "no" necessarily lock you out of it. Having a generally accurate idea of who's doing what will however ensure the local leads, armagebedar and NewbieRunner know who and how many cats they are herding

Less than three weeks to go, and I hope to see you all soon in Tokyo!

Last edited by SQ421; Mar 29, 2014 at 4:36 am
Old Jul 5, 2013, 8:29 pm
Original Poster

Attendees

If you appear in this list then you had registered via Eventbrite (or PM'ed me in the last few days after Eventbrite link was taken down). I look forward to swapping stories, sharing travel tips and having a beer with you in Tokyo. There's about 10 people who have registered via Eventbrite but who's FT Handles are not available to me. They should have received an email requesting their FT Handle and I'll update this list.

AFAM-DFW
AFAM-DFW +1
amolkold
antignos
antignos+1
antignos+2
Arcanum
armagebedar
Awesom Andy
bdschobel
beckoa
carlousmoochous
chchkiwi
circumknowitall
ClaudiSTR
ClaudiSTR+1
cliburn
ColoradoGal
DENchick
DENchick +1
DoubleJ
eightblack
emdash
Emilio Rabago
FedUp2
FedUp2 +1
friendlyskies
G_G
greendx
gvdIAD
hamburgler
JALPak
JohnnyColombia
joejones
jozdemir
keirnna
lili
lordadvantine
lowjhg
marcuslai
miffSC
moomba
MsSTL
mzrn
newballs
NewbieRunner
nme7
nme7 +1
oakdoor
omsflyer
paranoiatx
penegal
pfbloom
pfbloom +1
pudgym29
qdmd
qtpinoy54
qtpinoy54+1
Richklhs
RTW1
rwoman
serfty
skye1
sparkz
SQ421
Sykes
tkey75
uacoco
upup&away
wysiwyg

Last edited by SQ421; Mar 25, 2014 at 2:58 am Reason: Updated as per EventBrite and FT PMs on 25th March 2014 19:58 AEDST
Old Jul 5, 2013, 8:30 pm
Original Poster

Flight Information (Arrivals)

Japan Do 2014 - Flight Details

Hello, Prospero here

SQ421 has very kindly been collating your arrivals and departure details and asked me if I could recreate the Solari Boards ahead of this year’s event. Of course, it was an offer I just couldn’t refuse. I only wish I could join you all in Tokyo this Easter.

Click on the Solari Board images to enlarge them. <<clack clack clack…>

If your name is not on the boards and you'd like it added, please ping SQ421 a PM with your handle and flight details and he'll add it to his master list.

Haneda Arrivals

Wednesday 16 April 2014

Saturday 19 April 2014

Narita Arrivals

Monday 14 April 2014

Tuesday 15 April 2014

Wednesday 16 April 2014

Thursday 17 April 2014

Friday 18 April 2014

Last edited by Prospero; Apr 2, 2014 at 12:50 am
Old Jul 5, 2013, 8:30 pm
Original Poster

Who's Staying Where?

Japan Do 2014 - Hotel Details

Last edited by SQ421; Mar 29, 2014 at 4:35 am
Old Jul 5, 2013, 8:31 pm
Original Poster

Flight Information (Departures)

Reserved for Outbound Flight Information
Old Jul 5, 2013, 8:33 pm
Original Poster

Reserved...

just in case another post is required
Old Jul 5, 2013, 8:42 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Thanks for setting this up, SQ421!
Old Jul 5, 2013, 8:47 pm

Programs: First Time Flyer
Thanks SQ421.

Naturally, I shall be attending
Old Jul 5, 2013, 8:48 pm

Programs: QC Life, QFF Plat No 0010XXX, AA Plat 2 MM, Sinbad Blue, HHonors Dia., Marriott Titanium, IHG Amb
Well done and best wishes

And as the host of the first of those after partys , may I please register my interest for Tokyo 14. Best wishes for the Do. Thanks. John.
Old Jul 5, 2013, 9:49 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Neat! Had a great time at the last DO - assuming schedule works out, look forward to attending the next one! ^
Old Jul 5, 2013, 9:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Thanks all for coordinating again!! I'm in!

- Award J ticket in DL from LAX to NRT on the 744 is on hold
- Booked the IC Tokyo Bay for a pretty good rate, although open to ideas and better rates.
- eightblack, one way or another that bottle of sloe gin will end up in your hands.
- I do plan a make a trip to Disney this time.

Last edited by rwoman; Jul 6, 2013 at 12:09 am
Old Jul 5, 2013, 9:59 pm

I am in, Hopefully. Hotel booked at GH, Conrad, PH and HR, i dont know which one to decide on.
Old Jul 5, 2013, 10:46 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
Interested, but the dates are problematic.
Old Jul 6, 2013, 12:22 am
Moderator, All Nippon Airways and Japan

Programs: NH SFC (*G), JL JGP (OWE), AS MVP, WOH E, IHG SE
The dates are fixed (in order to avoid clashing with other Dos and Japanese national holidays), so please do not expect them to change.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.