Old Feb 9, 2014, 8:48 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NewbieRunner
INDIVIDUAL EVENT REGISTRATION

DO DINNER TICKETS

Schedule

AttendeesInbound FlightsAccommodationOutbound Flights

Getting there and getting around
Narita Express (N'EX) | N'EX Tokyo Direct Ticket | N'EX timetable from NRT | N'EX timetable to NRT |Keisei Skyliner | Keisei Skyliner Timetable | Airport Limousine Bus | Access to/from HND | Japan Rail Pass | JR Kanto Area Pass | Using Suica/Pasmo card

Route and station maps
Tokyo Metropolitan Area rail network map | JR East major route map | Tokyo Subway route map | JR Yamanote Line loop | Narita Airport (T1) station map | Narita Airport (T2) station map | Arriving in Shinjuku by Narita Express

Late Registration - Send Private Message to armagebedar, penegal and NewbieRunner
Print Wikipost

2nd Japan Do | Tokyo | April 18-20, 2014

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2013, 12:43 pm

Programs: UA 2.5MM; HH Diamond; Hyatt Platinum; MR Gold
I'm possible. I'd like to get up to Hokkaido and might be able to combine that with a trip to Tokyo for Japan Do II.
Old Jul 6, 2013, 6:32 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by seacarl
Maybe. Don't know my schedule that far out!
Either way, I would fill up the survey for now so we could keep track of interested FTers. Not sure how SQ421 handles the survey, but maybe adding a note in the comment field to say you are not sure about the schedule yet
Old Jul 6, 2013, 7:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF WP (OWE) / LTG (LT OWS) | Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by JALPak
Either way, I would fill up the survey for now so we could keep track of interested FTers. Not sure how SQ421 handles the survey, but maybe adding a note in the comment field to say you are not sure about the schedule yet
Initially, I'm using the form as a means to collate a list of Yes and Maybe's. I'll periodically update the second post to list those attending/interested.

The numbers will also give an idea of the size of venues we are looking at for the dinners etc, and provide some data (combined with the statistics from the first DO) when we approach the bigger chains in Tokyo to discuss a potential group rate for the do.

If you are interested but aren't certain this far out whether your schedule will work, no worries, I'd request you to fill out the form anyways, include a comment to that effect if you must.
Old Jul 6, 2013, 8:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by armagebedar
The dates are fixed (in order to avoid clashing with other Dos and Japanese national holidays), so please do not expect them to change.
Had a great time last March and will try to attend - however the dates are problematic and at this stage any attendance I can manage is likely to be restricted ...
Old Jul 7, 2013, 12:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
I would love to attend this event. Going to start working on it now!

Bruce
Old Jul 7, 2013, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Possible Activities

SQ421 and the Organizing Team,

Suggestions for possible activities:

1. Tokyo Disneyland - I know I mentioned this and it was discussed a little up-thread and it is cheaper for a larger group to attend. I also know it is pretty easy to get from Shinjuku or Tokyo central via the train to Maihama.

2. Hash Run - for runners who may be interested, in March, I joined the Samurai Hash House Harriers for their Saturday run. They do runs all the time and I'd probably contact a friend to do so again. Runs are typically 5-6 miles...although in March we did about 12 miles after the hares changed the course...it was a great pre-half marathon run for me.
Old Jul 7, 2013, 2:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
Originally Posted by rwoman
SQ421 and the Organizing Team,

Suggestions for possible activities:

1. Tokyo Disneyland - I know I mentioned this and it was discussed a little up-thread and it is cheaper for a larger group to attend. I also know it is pretty easy to get from Shinjuku or Tokyo central via the train to Maihama.
That was Floyd's suggestion, wasn't it?
Old Jul 7, 2013, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Originally Posted by tkey75
That was Floyd's suggestion, wasn't it?
Of course! He wants to go see the Japanese version of his Fantasia family.
Old Jul 7, 2013, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by bdschobel
I would love to attend this event. Going to start working on it now!
Booked a business-class award ticket on Delta. Arriving April 17; leaving April 21.

Bruce
Old Jul 7, 2013, 6:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF WP (OWE) / LTG (LT OWS) | Hyatt Globalist
Booked a business-class award ticket on Delta. Arriving April 17; leaving April 21.

Bruce
A convoluted routing I hope! why fly direct when you can connect and all that ^

29 responses in the spreadsheet last I checked; I'll update post 2 accordingly later today

rwoman - thanks for the ideas, I'll let you dig up and share more info about the Hash Run (a search term I dare not plug into the browser while at work! ) Disney sounds good, and if it has scary a$$ roller coasters, I'll be there, even if I have to arrive a day early or depart a day late!
Old Jul 7, 2013, 7:03 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
I bet there won't be many people staying at the Conrad on points this time?
Old Jul 7, 2013, 8:06 pm

Originally Posted by SQ421

29 responses in the spreadsheet last I checked; I'll update post 2 accordingly later today

rwoman - thanks for the ideas, I'll let you dig up and share more info about the Hash Run (a search term I dare not plug into the browser while at work! ) Disney sounds good, and if it has scary a$$ roller coasters, I'll be there, even if I have to arrive a day early or depart a day late!
Is this scary enough for you?

http://www.tokyodisneyresort.co.jp/e...get/index.html
Old Jul 7, 2013, 8:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I went to Tokyo Disneyland shortly after it opened but haven't been back since. I'd love to see it again.

Bruce
Old Jul 7, 2013, 9:21 pm

I went to Tokyo Disneyland shortly after it opened but haven't been back since. I'd love to see it again.

Bruce
They also have opened the Tokyo DisneySea since then, which is a separate theme park next door.

http://www.tokyodisneyresort.co.jp/en/tds/
Old Jul 7, 2013, 9:53 pm

Originally Posted by SQ421

If you really want rollercoasters there's always www.fujiq.jp/en/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.