Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

So long, fare well, it's time to say goodbye

So long, fare well, it's time to say goodbye

Old May 31, 13, 6:25 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
Exclamation So long, fare well, it's time to say goodbye

Well not entirely - how could I give up FT?! - but I am stepping down as a moderator.

I had to look back to see how long I had been a Communitybuzz! moderator - over six years How the years have merged into one, dos have come dos have gone... hangovers, dramas, arguments, flamefests (not too many of those thankfully!), competitions threads, birthdays, marriages, births and deaths. Oh, and N830MH's birthday - how could we ever forget that? And moving threads. And moving threads. And moving threads. While Travelbuzz! might get the highest number of misposted threads in a year, we do come a close second!

I've had great fun moderating and I hope assisting the members and do organisers in ensuring Dos on FT are a real asset of FT and that this forum remains one of the friendliest and welcoming places on FT. Even if that has to be enforced at times

I hope there will be plenty of dos I can get to in the future - but in the meantime, thank you for being a pleasure to moderate and for having a strong (and generally correct) sense of knowing what is 'right' for on here and letting us know when it isn't. And to my co-mods too -without them, the work would have been an awful lot greater

Jenbel
Co-moderator, Communitybuzz! - signing off....
Old May 31, 13, 8:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend and Moderator: Air Canada Aeroplan, Canada & Manufactured Spending

'Thank you' hardly seem to say enough though it'll have to suffice until we meet at a future Do and I can buy the first pint and say more in person.
Old May 31, 13, 9:31 am

Programs: DL KM/DM/MM (NH Plat emeritus, CO Plat emeritus, and no place like home)
Originally Posted by Jenbel View Post
Well not entirely - how could I give up FT?! - but I am stepping down as a moderator.

I had to look back to see how long I had been a Communitybuzz! moderator - over six years How the years have merged into one, dos have come dos have gone... hangovers, dramas, arguments, flamefests (not too many of those thankfully!), competitions threads, birthdays, marriages, births and deaths. Oh, and N830MH's birthday - how could we ever forget that? And moving threads. And moving threads. And moving threads. While Travelbuzz! might get the highest number of misposted threads in a year, we do come a close second!

I've had great fun moderating and I hope assisting the members and do organisers in ensuring Dos on FT are a real asset of FT and that this forum remains one of the friendliest and welcoming places on FT. Even if that has to be enforced at times

I hope there will be plenty of dos I can get to in the future - but in the meantime, thank you for being a pleasure to moderate and for having a strong (and generally correct) sense of knowing what is 'right' for on here and letting us know when it isn't. And to my co-mods too -without them, the work would have been an awful lot greater

Jenbel
Co-moderator, Communitybuzz! - signing off....
thank you Jenbel!
It was a pleasure also meeting you at the AF DO, and thank you for the hard work!^
Old May 31, 13, 9:44 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Have fun w/ your new found time & thanks for your service!

Cheers.
Old May 31, 13, 10:01 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by tcook052 View Post
'Thank you' hardly seem to say enough though it'll have to suffice until we meet at a future Do and I can buy the first pint and say more in person.
Echoing this as well ^ but I'm adding a Tootsie-Pop® chaser
Old May 31, 13, 10:36 am
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond
And just what will you do with all your new found free time Jen?
Old May 31, 13, 10:39 am

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Originally Posted by Jenbel View Post
... in the meantime, thank you for being a pleasure to moderate and for having a strong (and generally correct) sense of knowing what is 'right' for on here and letting us know when it isn't.
Thank you, Jenbel, and my apology to those sleepless nights queued by my non-stop RBPs.

You shall be missed (as a Cbuzz mod). I guess you can run but you can't hide on FT. Since you will have more free time afterwards, have you given any thought about the annual election in November?
Originally Posted by wharvey View Post
And just what will you do with all your new found free time Jen?
Old May 31, 13, 11:06 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Wild Wild Life, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Thank you for your service, Jenbel!
Old May 31, 13, 12:40 pm

Thanks for your hard work and dedication!
Old May 31, 13, 12:45 pm

Thank you! You have always been fair and balanced!
Old May 31, 13, 6:36 pm

Programs: Choice Hotels/FFOCUS
Jenbel:
Thank you for your great service. I for one know what a thankless & busy job moderating can be,(Not doing it now ) from doing it on another board. As others have said enjoy your extra time.
Old May 31, 13, 8:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & 2MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hyatt, AA, HH Gold, $tarbucks Titanium
Of course we've had our share of disagreements, name calling, etc. but one thing we both agree on is your dedication, hard work, and loyalty to FlyerTalk. Thank you and best wishes!
Old May 31, 13, 9:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM
Thank you Jenbel.
Old Jun 1, 13, 12:47 am
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
auf wiedersehen, adieu, and Thank You for your service!
Old Jun 1, 13, 3:33 am

Programs: BA, BD, AF, LH, AA, EK, Hilton, ICHG, SPG
As already pointed out, you're suddenly going to have a lot of spare time at your disposal! Many thanks for all the unpaid (and at times, I'm sure, insufficiently appreciated) work over the years, and enjoy your new-found freedom!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: