FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   CommunityBuzz (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/communitybuzz-380/)
-   -   HOLY TOLEDO Do III - June 14, 2014 (that's Toledo OH/USA, not Spain) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/communitybuzz/1468768-holy-toledo-do-iii-june-14-2014-thats-toledo-oh-usa-not-spain.html)

Sweet Willie May 20, 2013 2:24 pm

HOLY TOLEDO Do III - June 14, 2014 (that's Toledo OH/USA, not Spain)

THIS YEAR'S TOLEDO DO HAS BEEN CANCELED.

I'm a big believer in commitment, write it down, make it happen.

I had so much fun at this year's Toledo Do that I wanted to start a thread to garner interest for Toledo Do III in spring of 2014, date is June 14, 2014 and will of course include a Mud Hens game, lunch (or perhaps dinner) at Tony Packo's, perhaps a boat ride on the Maumee River or Lake Erie, &/or a visit to the Toledo Zoo.

Of course dinner & drinks.

So the purpose at this time is just to garner interest. So by posting that you are interested all you are doing is basically stating, "yes, if the date works with my schedule, I'd be interested in participating in one, some or all of the planned activities".

ALL ARE WELCOME, so who is interested in a Toledo Do in Spring 2014?

Attending:
jamesteroh
darby1970
Lurch
mmargel +1
Willie
mhnadel
mstaz308

Interested/Maybe:
CubsFanJohn
Frederik123
linire
Ceres +1
Stripe
Bikeguy
Mr. Bean
catalinradio
ElmhurstNick
toomanybooks
KMA26
pathfinder44
Angelsgirl85
RadioShow
wahhutch9
JujuJLT
84fiero
CleUnited
--

jamesteroh May 20, 2013 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by Sweet Willie (Post 20782677)
I'm a big believer in commitment, write it down, make it happen.

I had so much fun at this year's Toledo Do that I wanted to start a thread to garner interest for Toledo Do III in spring of 2014, dates are TBD but will of course include a Mud Hens game, lunch at Tony Packo's, perhaps a boat ride on the Maumee River or Lake Erie, &/or a visit to the Toledo Zoo.

Of course dinner & drinks.

So the purpose at this time is just to garner interest. So by posting that you are interested all you are doing is basically stating, "yes, if the dates work with my schedule, I'd be interested in participating in one, some or all of the planned activities".

ALL ARE WELCOME, so who is interested in a Toledo Do in Spring 2014?

Providing I am in town that weekend, I'm interested.

mmargel May 21, 2013 5:08 am

Count me in again, dates permitting......hopefully it will not be the same weekend as a wedding, 2 graduations and a surprise citizenship party.

Lurch May 21, 2013 5:52 am

Count me in depending on the date.

Sweet Willie May 21, 2013 2:40 pm

I've noted your interest Lurch, mmargel, jamesteroh :-:

darby1970 Jun 12, 2013 7:48 pm

Count me in .

mhnadel Jun 13, 2013 3:30 am

I'd be up for it as long as the dates don't conflict with anything else I have going on. The earlier the dates are set, the better the odds of my making it.

Sweet Willie Jun 14, 2013 6:25 am

Originally Posted by darby1970 (Post 20912950)
Count me in .

very good:-:

Originally Posted by mhnadel (Post 20914428)
I'd be up for it as long as the dates don't conflict with anything else I have going on. The earlier the dates are set, the better the odds of my making it.

let's hope we can find a date in 2014 that works for all ! ^

LadyPhoenix Jun 19, 2013 10:22 am

Wow...I didn't realize there was so much love for my hometown!

Sweet Willie Jun 19, 2013 4:40 pm

Originally Posted by LadyPhoenix (Post 20951567)
Wow...I didn't realize there was so much love for my hometown!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6_1Pw1xm9U

Hope you can make it out for one or all of the activities next Spring !

CubsFanJohn Jun 20, 2013 10:22 pm

I'd be interested.

Frederik123 Jun 21, 2013 2:12 am

Count me in depending on the date

Sweet Willie Jun 24, 2013 8:37 pm

Originally Posted by CubsFanJohn (Post 20962270)
I'd be interested.

very good, I expect to be road tripping like this past Toledo Do so those in the Chicago area like yourself are welcome to catch a ride with me to/from Toledo.

Originally Posted by Frederik123 (Post 20962888)
Count me in depending on the date

good to hear !

dates will depend on MudHens schedule, I felt it was perfect to have the Sun 2pm game start time, leaves more than enough time for folks to get home to start their work week.

mhnadel Jun 25, 2013 7:05 am

Originally Posted by Sweet Willie (Post 20983317)
dates will depend on MudHens schedule, I felt it was perfect to have the Sun 2pm game start time, leaves more than enough time for folks to get home to start their work week.

A Saturday night (or afternoon) game makes more sense to me. A Sunday 2 p.m. game won't end until at least 5 p.m. The last flights that can get me to DCA or IAD leave TOL at 6 p.m., which is iffy unless the ballpark is inside the airport. And even a 6 p.m. flight won't get me home before 11:30 at night, which is hardly "more than enough time to start MY work week" since I actually do odd things like sleeping before needing to be up at 5:30 a.m.

Sweet Willie Jun 25, 2013 11:19 am

Originally Posted by mhnadel (Post 20985280)
A Saturday night (or afternoon) game makes more sense to me. A Sunday 2 p.m. game won't end until at least 5 p.m. The last flights that can get me to DCA or IAD leave TOL at 6 p.m., which is iffy unless the ballpark is inside the airport. And even a 6 p.m. flight won't get me home before 11:30 at night, which is hardly "more than enough time to start MY work week" since I actually do odd things like sleeping before needing to be up at 5:30 a.m.

sounds like it is going to be a pleasure to meet you:D

Once a weekend is set, clearly you have a point of view, it has been noted & will be taken into consideration if you commit to the weekend.

Purpose of this thread is to gather thoughts on activities & who is interested.