Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

2013: The Great Alaska ADQ Do (7/24-7/27)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2013: The Great Alaska ADQ Do (7/24-7/27)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2013, 12:03 am

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by jackal
I just got a voicemail from the Best Western in Kodiak. The un-reserved rooms in our block are due to be released in a few days. If anyone has not yet made their room reservation at the hotel, please do so ASAP!
You have our room booked...correct?
Old Jun 28, 2013, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by BOB W
You have our room booked...correct?
I should check on that...

I'm stuck in Churchill Falls in Labrador due to a fire near Labrador City which has closed the highway. One of the two Internet service provider's fiber optic lines has been melted by the fire. Fortunately, the community library's fiber line is still working, but if it gets melted, too, I might be trapped here with no method of outside communication. Y'all better make sure your bookings at the hotel are secure.

On the up-side, I get to tour one of the world's biggest underground hydro electric facilities in an hour (not much else to do while waiting the reopening of the highway)...
Old Jun 28, 2013, 11:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
I should check on that...

I'm stuck in Churchill Falls in Labrador due to a fire near Labrador City which has closed the highway. One of the two Internet service provider's fiber optic lines has been melted by the fire. Fortunately, the community library's fiber line is still working, but if it gets melted, too, I might be trapped here with no method of outside communication. Y'all better make sure your bookings at the hotel are secure.

On the up-side, I get to tour one of the world's biggest underground hydro electric facilities in an hour (not much else to do while waiting the reopening of the highway)...
Oh you're stuck due to a fire? Where's the nearest airport and how much is parking?

A recent story on a brewery in ADQ
Old Jun 28, 2013, 11:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Deleted

Last edited by CDKing; Jun 29, 2013 at 8:56 am
Old Jun 29, 2013, 6:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by beckoa
Oh you're stuck due to a fire? Where's the nearest airport and how much is parking?

A recent story on a brewery in ADQ
YYR and likely free (there's no one around to enforce any parking fines, anyway).

Unfortunately, it's four hours of backtracking to get there...
Old Jun 29, 2013, 2:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K
I just got a voicemail from the Best Western in Kodiak. The un-reserved rooms in our block are due to be released in a few days. If anyone has not yet made their room reservation at the hotel, please do so ASAP!
Just booked mine - the clerk was a little confused by the room block thing but she figured it out. If you're coming in the night before by chance, they're sold out. I grabbed a room down the street at the 'Shelikof Lodge' the night of 7/23.
Old Jul 2, 2013, 9:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Just my luck. My flight BOS-SEA opened up in saver F but the rest of the segments are not available in saver F or saver Y so I cant upgrade the longer flight without bumping myself up to full flex F redemption

*Edit* I would have been out of luck anyways as the current SEA-ANC flight i'm on is showing zeroed out except for F so i doubt saver will open up anyways

Last edited by CDKing; Jul 3, 2013 at 6:28 am
Old Jul 4, 2013, 10:53 am

Programs: AA EXP | DL SM | HH DM |*wood Gold
A Happy Independence Day to all!. Only 19/20 days until the adventure begins^^

MO
Old Jul 4, 2013, 4:42 pm

The menu is being finalized and will posted in post #6 shortly. I would suggest that everyone wear loose pants and have a spare notch on their belt

It will be tasty!!!
Old Jul 4, 2013, 4:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

The menu is being finalized and will posted in post #6 shortly. I would suggest that everyone wear loose pants and have a spare notch on their belt

It will be tasty!!!

Also, our room block is now expired, but the Best Western is holding three more rooms for us for a couple more days (two 1xqueen rooms and one 2xdouble room). If you are planning on joining and have not yet booked your room, please call the Best Western Kodiak Inn at 907-486-5712, reference the FlyerTalk group rate for 7/24, and secure your booking ASAP.

See you all soon!
Old Jul 4, 2013, 7:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E

It will be tasty!!!
Indeed! Have been doing some testing of different ideas with the BBQ
Old Jul 8, 2013, 4:45 pm

Programs: Island DOs, very sticky toffee pud w vanilla ice cream n multi-coloured velvet pillows enthusiast
Sorry, I tried, couldn't DO Kodiak for sure.

Still hoping I could make BBQfest at Casa de BoB, and linger till Monday
Old Jul 8, 2013, 10:49 pm

Originally Posted by belle3388
Sorry, I tried, couldn't DO Kodiak for sure.

Still hoping I could make BBQfest at Casa de BoB, and linger till Monday
Try very hard. We need to see you again soon.
Old Jul 14, 2013, 11:34 pm

It will be tasty!!!
All, we now have less than two weeks to go until The Great Alaska ADQ Do. Please remember that we are now officially under "Jackal Time". All bets are now off as to when anything will actually happen......
Old Jul 15, 2013, 2:09 am

All, we now have less than two weeks to go until The Great Alaska ADQ Do. Please remember that we are now officially under "Jackal Time". All bets are now off as to when anything will actually happen......
I am in LAS at the moment. Perhaps I should place a wager with a local bookie

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.