Chicago Seminars October 11-13th, 2013-Registration SOLD OUT

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chicago Seminars October 11-13th, 2013-Registration SOLD OUT

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2013, 1:39 am
In Memoriam

Programs: Hertz 5 star, Priceline Hotel bidder. AA PLT, 1MM.
Just booked airfare from LAX-MDW. Due to medical issues, I booked SWA (refundable!) using my points. Arrive MDW Friday afternoon, depart MDW Sunday evening. Doctor told me OK to fly commercial air. ^ I trust I can fly in October.

Now to book refundable hotel/car. Glad to be going to the seminars again!!!
Old Aug 4, 2013, 6:47 pm

Programs: AAExP, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, IHG Spire, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by chemist661
Just booked airfare from LAX-MDW. Due to medical issues, I booked SWA (refundable!) using my points. Arrive MDW Friday afternoon, depart MDW Sunday evening. Doctor told me OK to fly commercial air. ^ I trust I can fly in October.

Now to book refundable hotel/car. Glad to be going to the seminars again!!!
So glad you will be there!
Old Aug 5, 2013, 9:47 am
Used to be garyjr316

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, Gold Passport, Hilton HHonors, Marriott
UGH... so disappointed... I just found out I won't be able to get the time off work to go after all. That means I am stuck with a registration. If anyone needs one transferred to them please PM me and let me know so that we can get the process rolling.

Next year I am there for sure!
Old Aug 7, 2013, 1:51 am

Programs: QF LTG
I have a booking at the overflow HI but I am thinking of switching to stay at the Hilton DT in Elk Grove. The property apparently doesn't run a free shuttle on weekends. Is anyone else planning to stay at the DT and if so do you want to share the costs of taxis?

Last edited by PbodyPhoto; Aug 7, 2013 at 1:59 am
Old Aug 7, 2013, 8:42 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
sorry to say

Looks like I might be heading out of town the weekend of the Seminars, so I'm not going to plan a dinner, sorry.

If the weekend approaches and I am NOT heading out of town, I'd be happy to get something going, I should know by mid Sept at latest if I can do so.

Thanks,

Willie
Old Aug 7, 2013, 8:46 pm

Programs: UA Gold & multiple hotel programs
Just registered. Since I am local I am happy to volunteer before or during the event.

I may also be able to pick some people up from local hotels that do not offer shuttle service or the Rosemont el station (Saturday and Sunday).
Old Aug 8, 2013, 1:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Sweet Willie
Looks like I might be heading out of town the weekend of the Seminars, so I'm not going to plan a dinner, sorry.

If the weekend approaches and I am NOT heading out of town, I'd be happy to get something going, I should know by mid Sept at latest if I can do so.

Thanks,

Willie
Damn, I was hoping to meet you! Oh well, safe travels.
Old Aug 10, 2013, 9:27 am

Programs: Skymiles Diamond, HHonors Diamond, IHG Ambassador
Hoping to get booked today - but it doesn't look like I'll be able to make it to Sunday events due to travel limitations.

Can anyone elaborate on the sponsor workshop on Sunday and what that entails? Thanks!
Old Aug 10, 2013, 2:19 pm

Programs: United 1K MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Forever Young
Hoping to get booked today - but it doesn't look like I'll be able to make it to Sunday events due to travel limitations.
Be sure and take advantage of the DL discount (Post 158).

Originally Posted by Forever Young
Can anyone elaborate on the sponsor workshop on Sunday and what that entails? Thanks!
At least for the three previous years, the sponsors workshop gives the various sponsors the opportunity to describe their product offerings and take questions from the attendees. Some oif not all pof that info could be gleaned thru one on one conversations at the sponsor booths of Friday and Saturday.
Old Aug 10, 2013, 3:37 pm

Programs: Skymiles Diamond, HHonors Diamond, IHG Ambassador
Originally Posted by YRKInsider
Be sure and take advantage of the DL discount (Post 158).

At least for the three previous years, the sponsors workshop gives the various sponsors the opportunity to describe their product offerings and take questions from the attendees. Some oif not all pof that info could be gleaned thru one on one conversations at the sponsor booths of Friday and Saturday.
Thank you!
Old Aug 12, 2013, 11:36 am

Programs: Virtuoso
Originally Posted by PbodyPhoto
I have a booking at the overflow HI but I am thinking of switching to stay at the Hilton DT in Elk Grove. The property apparently doesn't run a free shuttle on weekends. Is anyone else planning to stay at the DT and if so do you want to share the costs of taxis?
I sent you a PM on this.
Old Aug 12, 2013, 2:27 pm

UPDATE

I have transferred my registration. I hope everyone enjoys the seminar!

-----

I won't be able to attend the seminar in Chicago anymore and just released my room from the Holiday Inn room block.

If anyone is interested in seminar registration message me. We can negotiate a discount.

Last edited by ASUNeal; Aug 15, 2013 at 8:53 pm
Old Aug 13, 2013, 10:49 pm

Programs: Enough to Cause a Migraine
Looking forward to attending the seminars.

Also would like to contribute to the raffle--- sent a PM a while ago to Ingy, and still have yet to hear a response.
Old Aug 17, 2013, 11:27 pm

mayhaps i'm too late it seems some of the sessions i'd prefer are full... do more spaces open up or do attendees get a copy of all presentations post even or can flyertalk members purchase them...?
Old Aug 18, 2013, 9:04 am

Programs: ??????????
Originally Posted by sickmint79
mayhaps i'm too late it seems some of the sessions i'd prefer are full... do more spaces open up or do attendees get a copy of all presentations post even or can flyertalk members purchase them...?
it is likely that no additional space will open up; we're limited to the physical space and max people / room. Presentations are not shared as a whole or in totality, however you'll find many presenters are happy to share their content or answer any specific questions you have between / after sessions.

Howie

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.