Chicago Seminars October 11-13th, 2013-Registration SOLD OUT

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chicago Seminars October 11-13th, 2013-Registration SOLD OUT

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2013, 9:25 pm

Originally Posted by yyzgayguy
Thanks for that! That tip got it solved for me.
I kept regularly checking the website of the Host hotel and was fortunate to book a room last week. I did notice that there is now a $5 charge (listed on the website) for the shuttle, which is new from last year.
Old Jul 24, 2013, 9:30 pm

Originally Posted by YRKInsider
Less than three months to go!

If you haven't booked your flight and/or hotel room, consider the following:

1. Discounts on UA, AA & DL air fares of at least 5% are available. Details in Post 62 for UA, Post 158 for DL and Post 196 for AA.

2. YourRoomKey.com is a members only web site which has various discounted rates available including an SPG property next to the overflow HI for $79. Complimentary memberships are available to attendees who PM me.

Feel free to PM me with questions.

Chris
Chris.. I'd like to follow up on the YourRoomKey info at the seminar please. I'm assuming that there will be an information booth available.
Old Jul 24, 2013, 9:38 pm

Originally Posted by Sweet Willie
sure.

do you have any particular place or cuisine in mind?

I'll have a car as I live local <3 miles from Seminars.

I'd like to join this group please. A couple of years ago, I went to one of the local restaurants, which was fabulous. Unfortunately, I can't remember the name.
Old Jul 25, 2013, 3:42 pm

Programs: United 1K MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by znke252
Chris.. I'd like to follow up on the YourRoomKey info at the seminar please. I'm assuming that there will be an information booth available.
Not an official sponsor so won't have a booth but have been known to occupy the sofa across from the front desk from noon Fri thru Sun PM except when class is in session
Old Jul 25, 2013, 11:04 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Bonvoy Gold, UA G
I've got a ticket, signed up fro all the expert sessions. I know it's not sold out yet but if anyone wants it let me know. I'll cover the change fee.

Will be at UA Family Day so can't attend.
Old Jul 26, 2013, 12:28 pm

Programs: AAExP, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, IHG Spire, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by YRKInsider
Not an official sponsor so won't have a booth but have been known to occupy the sofa across from the front desk from noon Fri thru Sun PM except when class is in session
Quick question.... are the rates booked through YourRoomKey cancellable?

Nevermind... just read a little more closely and saw that they are
Old Jul 26, 2013, 1:22 pm

Programs: United 1K MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by miffSC
Quick question.... are the rates booked through YourRoomKey cancellable?

Nevermind... just read a little more closely and saw that they are
All YRK rates are cancellable/refundable although policies vary by property. The Sheraton ORD allows cancellations up until one day before scheduled arrival.
Old Jul 26, 2013, 4:28 pm

Hotel sold out already??!!

Hotel sold out already??!!....vultures!
Old Jul 26, 2013, 4:36 pm

Originally Posted by skyvanman
i've got a ticket, signed up fro all the expert sessions. I know it's not sold out yet but if anyone wants it let me know. I'll cover the change fee.

Will be at ua family day so can't attend.
right here
purcitron at gmail
Old Jul 26, 2013, 5:32 pm

Unhappy Ticket Available

One of my non-frequent-flyer friends decided to schedule his wedding on top of Chicago Seminars 2013, so I have a ticket available. Boo-hoo. If you can take it off my hands (face value), I'll cover all the transfer fees.

Pre-registered for all advanced sessions (including "sold out" sessions International Bootcamp, Computer Tips, and Mad Scientist), but these could be changed to other open sessions online if desired.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by TheInternationalLine; Jul 26, 2013 at 7:09 pm
Old Jul 27, 2013, 5:55 pm

Originally Posted by TheInternationalLine
One of my non-frequent-flyer friends decided to schedule his wedding on top of Chicago Seminars 2013, so I have a ticket available. Boo-hoo. If you can take it off my hands (face value), I'll cover all the transfer fees.

Pre-registered for all advanced sessions (including "sold out" sessions International Bootcamp, Computer Tips, and Mad Scientist), but these could be changed to other open sessions online if desired.

Thanks in advance!
right here
purcitron at gmail
Old Jul 29, 2013, 2:31 pm

I registered for the event a couple of months ago, but didn't get the hotel booked right away. The post about the Sheraton for $79 looks interesting, but I was wondering if anyone has a reservation at the host hotel who is going to have to cancel. It would make things so much easier. Thanks!
Old Jul 31, 2013, 10:43 pm

Programs: united, us air, hilton honors, american airlines
Chicago Seminar Oct. 2013

This will be my first seminar and I am very excited to learn how to get the most out of my points. I tried to reserve a room at the Elk Grove Holiday Inn but it is showing that it is full. I looked at the Rosemont Holiday Inn but they state they will give a courtesy shuttle within any destination within 5 miles but do not have a shuttle to the airport. Is anyone else having an issue with hotel accommodations? Any thoughts on where to stay?

Thanks
Gretchen
Old Aug 1, 2013, 8:55 am

Programs: AA EXP/2MM/AC; UA Silver; AS; DL; Marriott LTT; National Car Elite
Originally Posted by twinqtees
This will be my first seminar and I am very excited to learn how to get the most out of my points. I tried to reserve a room at the Elk Grove Holiday Inn but it is showing that it is full. I looked at the Rosemont Holiday Inn but they state they will give a courtesy shuttle within any destination within 5 miles but do not have a shuttle to the airport. Is anyone else having an issue with hotel accommodations? Any thoughts on where to stay?

Thanks
Gretchen
Gretchen,

Welcome to Flyertalk! I'll leave it to others to give local hotel advice.
Old Aug 2, 2013, 12:28 pm

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, SPG Gold, HH Gold, Hertz Gold, National Exec
My humble tips for folks still making travel plans:
  • try the 10% AA codes with this promo
  • Avoid the insane car rental taxes at the airport by renting at this nearby Hertz HLE. They'll even pick you up from the overflow hotel.

Looking forward to the event!

Last edited by austinpop; Aug 2, 2013 at 12:38 pm Reason: Fixed Hertz HLE map link

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.