Santiago and Easter Island / IPC meetup thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Santiago and Easter Island / IPC meetup thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2013, 3:05 pm

davakkar,

I stayed at the Sheraton Santiago about 5 years ago. The hotel itself isn't overly memorable - good or bad. Room was at the level I expect for a Sheraton (clean, in good condition with reasonable furnishings). Club floor breakfast was fine. At the time, it was AA's crew hotel.

The main restaurant however, another story. I still have fond memories of the one lunch I had there at the end of my trip. It was a buffet that day, with a ton of excellent seafood, including all-you-could-eat sea urchin. If I found myself in Santiago, I'd go out of my way to eat there at least once.

If you stay there, the hotel is just south & east of a large park that can make for a nice half-day walk if the weather is good. Entrance is a ~10 min walk to the north.

Last edited by khoto; Feb 24, 2013 at 3:13 pm Reason: looked at a map and changed park directions
Old Feb 28, 2013, 5:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Gold | Club Carlson Gold | Le Club Platinum | British Airways Silver | * Alliance Gold |
List updated.
Old Mar 1, 2013, 8:43 am

Programs: Delta PM 1MM™, Alaska MVPG75K, Marriott LTTE, United SE, Hertz PC, National EE
This is great information - Thanks khoto! Sounds like the Sheraton it is, as the W just seems overpriced...

Originally Posted by khoto
davakkar,

I stayed at the Sheraton Santiago about 5 years ago. The hotel itself isn't overly memorable - good or bad. Room was at the level I expect for a Sheraton (clean, in good condition with reasonable furnishings). Club floor breakfast was fine. At the time, it was AA's crew hotel.

The main restaurant however, another story. I still have fond memories of the one lunch I had there at the end of my trip. It was a buffet that day, with a ton of excellent seafood, including all-you-could-eat sea urchin. If I found myself in Santiago, I'd go out of my way to eat there at least once.

If you stay there, the hotel is just south & east of a large park that can make for a nice half-day walk if the weather is good. Entrance is a ~10 min walk to the north.
Old Mar 1, 2013, 9:46 am

Originally Posted by davakkar
This is great information - Thanks khoto! Sounds like the Sheraton it is, as the W just seems overpriced...
Your comment about overpriced prompted me to check my reservation confirm email. As I suspected, I used points for the stay, and they upgraded me to the club floor. At the time, I was gold, and the hotel was a category 2. Certainly can't complain about that service.
Old Mar 3, 2013, 11:47 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum, Hilton Diamond
28 May (AA 857 MIA-SCL) - MsSTL
31 May (AA 7726 SCL-MIA) - MsSTL
Old Mar 5, 2013, 8:35 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT; HH Diamond; AS 75K
tkelvin69

20 Apr AA 7729 MIA-SCL
21 Apr Lan 841 SCL-IPC
22 Apr Lan 842 IPC-SCL
22 Apr AA 7726 SCL-MIA

Note: Starting 20 Apr at JFK if anyone needs access to the FL.
Old Mar 5, 2013, 10:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by davakkar
Sheraton has an awful location isolated from the real city you want to be in. Forget the high end Starwoods, the Four Points has the best location of the chains properties for first time visitors to the city.
Old Mar 6, 2013, 5:03 pm

Programs: AA Gold, PC Plat, Hilton Gold
Looks like so far I am the first one on these flights to post.

April 21 (AA 7729 MIA-SCL)
April 22 (LA 841 SCL-IPC)
April 24 (LA 842 IPC-SCL)
April 25 (AA 7726 SCL-MIA)
Old Mar 8, 2013, 3:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by tkelvin69
tkelvin69
22 Apr Lan 842 IPC-SCL
22 Apr AA 7726 SCL-MIA
I'm arriving two days before you, but we're on the same flights IPC-MIA. I'm spending 3 nights at the Tupa using the Orbitz discount code posted up-thread.
Old Mar 8, 2013, 5:14 pm

Programs: UA MM, AA PPro
Originally Posted by Ambraciot
I'm spending 3 nights at the Tupa using the Orbitz discount code posted up-thread.

Please post a review...and warn them that many more 'crazy gringos' are coming.
Old Mar 11, 2013, 12:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Virtuoso Travel Agent, Commercial Pilot
Sykes (Kyle H)

April 15, 2013:
AA 1769 JFK-MIA
AA 7729 (LA 503) MIA-SCL
LA 841 SCL-IPC

April 17, 2013:
LA 842 IPC-SCL
AA 7726 (LA 502) SCL-MIA
AA 1510 MIA-JFK

Staying at Cabanas Christophe
Old Mar 11, 2013, 9:50 pm

Programs: LATAM Black
I'm based here on IPC and happy to help organize things for people...sadly I don't get on to FT as much as I'd like, but google Easter island Spirit and I'm there.

I'm off the island for nearly all of April but back for May.

Wherever you stay, you'll love this place!

Best,
James
Old Mar 12, 2013, 8:58 am

Programs: UA MM, AA PPro
Originally Posted by Pirohua
I'm based here on IPC and happy to help organize things for people...sadly I don't get on to FT as much as I'd like, but google Easter island Spirit and I'm there.

I'm off the island for nearly all of April but back for May.

Wherever you stay, you'll love this place!

Best,
James
Any recommendations for a good dive shop and/or scuba diving trips?

Thanks!
Old Mar 12, 2013, 9:23 pm

Programs: AA GLD 1MM DL PLT
Originally Posted by Pirohua
I'm based here on IPC and happy to help organize things for people...
Recommendations for tours? My brother and I will be there just 48 hours in total, so I want to maximize our time.
Old Mar 17, 2013, 8:50 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1k, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, CC Gold
*edit* There's a thread in the SPG forum about the apparent glitch with 0 points bookings so cat's out of the bag, not sure if it is still live or not.
Just booked a high end SPG for next to nothing for my 2 nights, haven't looked for other dates 5/11-5/13...PM me for more info, don't want to "kill the deal", available for 2 SPG properties that I saw

Last edited by alpen1; Mar 18, 2013 at 4:27 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.