Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

14th Annual Brooklyn Reality Tour (BRT) - June 1, 2013 (last call, a few seats left!)

14th Annual Brooklyn Reality Tour (BRT) - June 1, 2013 (last call, a few seats left!)

Old Jun 1, 2013, 7:36 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Bonvoy Gold, UA G
It was awesome meeting everyone today. I had a lot of fun and in addition to meeting many interesting and fun FTers I learned a lot about Brooklyn. Hopefully I get the opportunity to join again next year as this was a day filled with fun!

Thanks to Rick and Ray for helping with dinner and a humongous thank you to Dan for putting together are ally amazing day. You're efforts have not been ignored and I hope to get to participate again next year. Hope everyone has fun tomorrow night at WineDO, sorry to be missing it.
Old Jun 1, 2013, 8:59 pm
In memoriam

Programs: Kimpton IC, Hyatt Diamond, Gold Marriott, Lifetime Platinum Starwood
Originally Posted by FortFun
Currently at L&B's. You are officially missing out.
I was thinking of ya'll all day today - thanks for posting pics dhammer! It looks like it was another wonderful day!
Old Jun 1, 2013, 9:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Originally Posted by cawhite
^^ Wonder if Larry will be there, too?

Every year, there's at least one interesting thing that happens on the BRT. You can referred to the OP on the first page of this thread to see previous moments.

This year, cawhite, managed to have her picture taken with Larry. They had a nice conversation for a few minutes. She's definitely taken with him. That's the short version. If it was earlier in the evening, I might have bored you with the longer version. Riders on BRT 14 may have heard me discuss the long version.

FYI, in the history of BRT, this was the 2nd best moment ever. The first being the knock on the door at my old house.
It doesn't get any better.

One particular rider from Chicago did get a kick out of us seeing 4 or 5 Mr. Softee ice cream trucks, but I digress.

We had a few less riders than past years; but it's not quantity, it's quality. ^

I'd like to personally thank my friend Rick aka ingy aka www.frugaltravelguy.com/ for picking up dinner. ^ ^

I'd also like to thank Ray aka getiton for picking up the tip. ^

This year we had another unusual event on the tour.
dinoscool3 was the youngest rider (16) the BRT has hosted; along with getiton, the oldest (83). If you've met Ray, you know that he's hot stuff. Colorful too.

It was nice meeting new friends, and nice seeing my old friends again.

Dan

Last edited by dhammer53; Jun 2, 2013 at 7:38 am
Old Jun 1, 2013, 9:51 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA Gold
I loved being a part of the BRT! It was great fun, and I hope to join in again next year! Nice meeting everyone, and Dan, thanks for organizing (and thanks for the hat)! It was a pleasure to be the youngest rider BRT has ever hosted.
Old Jun 1, 2013, 10:24 pm

Programs: UA Plat, 1MM
Thanks to Dan for another memorable experience.

There's always something new and fresh on BRT, and I always get to see old pals and meet fun new folks. What more could one ask?
Old Jun 1, 2013, 11:50 pm

Programs: UA Gold 0.659MM, MR LT Titanium, IHG Platinum, Hertz PC
This was fun; sorry for holding you guys up in the morning. Thanks again to Rick & Ray for picking up dinner and tip, respectively. I hope to see most of you at the WineDo later today.
Old Jun 2, 2013, 5:03 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Nice to run into everyone at the Starbucks in Park Slope; hope it was a great day! ^
Old Jun 2, 2013, 6:14 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA MM/Premier Gold, Hyatt Globalist,Hilton Honors Gold, IHG platinum, Club Carlson Gold
thanks for a great day

Thanks to Dan for a great day and to fellow attendees for making it so much fun. Lots of activities were packed into one day; if you haven't done this save a day for it.
Old Jun 2, 2013, 3:30 pm

Thanks, Dan had a great time,the group was very interesting particularly enjoyed the the success travel stories shared by many as we play this crazy game of points and miles.
Your narrations appear to get better every tour I attend.
Old Jun 3, 2013, 2:30 pm

Programs: AA CX AC
Thanks for another great BRT Dan! Can never get enough of Brooklyn pizza and spaghetti/meatballs... A special big thanks to Rick and Ray for their generosity in picking up the tab/tip at Fiorentinos!!! Great to meet all and especially enjoyed Mr Softee
Again, thanks Dan for the tour of Brooklyn especially the starting point in Washington square, wait, isnt NYU in Manhattan??
Old Jun 4, 2013, 10:34 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

My sincere thanks to Dan for yet again another successful BRT.

Great food, wonderful weather, a great history lesson of Brooklyn, a Larry sighting, several Mr. Softee sightings - what more could you ask for!

It was great meeting the newbies on the tour and seeing old friends. Hopefully the newbies will be repeat riders at future BRT's.

Hopefully Benjamin will want to come back and drive the bus again.

Thanks again!
Old Jun 9, 2013, 11:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Well, we got lucky with a June 1 BRT. While Saturday June 8 was a lovely day in NYC (so I heard), Friday June 7th was not. We had 4" of rain. I couln't help but think of the arrival delays people would have had on Friday.

Thank you all for the kind words. It's always nice seeing old freinds, and it's always nice meeting new people. ^

I'm thinking of a slightly revised tour in 2014 aka BRT 15
Old Jun 9, 2013, 7:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
What's wrong with calling it BRT 14A? Then a possible BRT 15 might indeed represent it's 15th year.

Weather is weather and when travelling you can do with it little. Some good, some not so good,

For me it assisted a revised slightly more comfortable plan this weekend at no cost.

Look forward to being able to attend another BRT in the future ...
Old Jun 12, 2013, 12:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Thanks to Dan, and to our generous dinner hosts -- what an unexpected treat!

Also, great to meet some new (to me) FTers as well as visit with "old" ones....

And, isn't our waiter Joe just the quintessential Brooklyn Italian waiter???

This time, I even joined in the visit to the brew house on Bedford Ave in Williamsburg (had a wine instead of a brew).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.