Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SIN DO 2014, January 16-20, 2014 Singapore

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2013, 9:42 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, BAEC Silver, Hyatt-Globalist, Hilton-gold, SPG-gold
Originally Posted by cliburn
Booked. Times are not great, but LX has some good Business Class fares YUL-SIN.
I looked at these but the layover was just too long and no return on the 19th
Old Apr 23, 2013, 1:59 pm

Programs: UA 2 MM, UA 1K
I just coincidentally booked 2 W class tickets to SIN to use my last GPUs and we arrive on the 16th. I was just going to start looking at where to go and someone mentioned this Do in another thread. Since the dates match perfectly, count me (+1) as interested.
Old Apr 23, 2013, 3:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Virtuoso Travel Agent, Commercial Pilot
I'm in ... or at least 90% sure I'm in.
Old May 17, 2013, 9:59 am

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
SIN DO

I am in...Will start reworking travel plans.
Old May 18, 2013, 11:56 am

Programs: QF LTG, Velocity FF Red, HH Diamond, PC Platinum Ambassador, UA Nothing
Talking

Thank you bschaff1 and lowjhg for a great 2013 DO.

Please add Sue Oz and myself to your attendance list for SIN DO 2014.
Old May 30, 2013, 5:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA MM, QF Plat, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Just a heads up on the planning for SIN DO. I'm still holding off on posting a schedule and tracking attendance until mid to late June.

Regarding the Post DO portion, one will be happening for at least the Monday through Wednesday after the DO. I'm toying with ideas of having the post DO in Vietnam, Indonesia, Malaysia, or Thailand. Expect this to be posted around late July.
Old May 31, 2013, 1:42 pm

Want to definately attend the SIN DO.
Can anyone suggestgetting as close to SIN as possible on AA as I can use up my SWUs ? ( valid only on AA metal.
Am based in ORD, but may be travelling back from India....
Old May 31, 2013, 4:56 pm

Originally Posted by HMPS
Can anyone suggestgetting as close to SIN as possible on AA as I can use up my SWUs ? ( valid only on AA metal.
I think NRT is probably the closest.
Old May 31, 2013, 4:57 pm

You can also go to PVG or PEK.
Old May 31, 2013, 5:00 pm
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP, DL PLT, UA 1P, SPG Gold
Out of ORD to use SWU options are NRT,PVG,PEK. NRT is probably best for full EQM and onwards options.
Old May 31, 2013, 7:30 pm

Originally Posted by iridge
Out of ORD to use SWU options are NRT,PVG,PEK. NRT is probably best for full EQM and onwards options.
Thank you all.
Old May 31, 2013, 7:50 pm

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by smitty06
I think NRT is probably the closest.
Actually, if I am not mistaken (I double checked it on aa.com), ORD-NRT-BKK, all on AA metal, would get you the closest to SIN of any possibilities, and BKK-SIN is a short hop flight of less than 3 hours. NRT-SIN is about 7 hours, and most of the airports in China are in the range of 6-7 hours if I recall correctly. That way, you should be able to use your SWU for almost the full route, which if I am not mistaken, ORD-NRT-BKK is total flying time of about 18.5 hours +/- (I have flown all of the combinations I have listed myself). Of course, as always, YMMV.
Old Jun 1, 2013, 7:52 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Gulf Air Falconflyer Gold
Originally Posted by USirritated
Actually, if I am not mistaken (I double checked it on aa.com), ORD-NRT-BKK, all on AA metal, would get you the closest to SIN of any possibilities, and BKK-SIN is a short hop flight of less than 3 hours. NRT-SIN is about 7 hours, and most of the airports in China are in the range of 6-7 hours if I recall correctly. That way, you should be able to use your SWU for almost the full route, which if I am not mistaken, ORD-NRT-BKK is total flying time of about 18.5 hours +/- (I have flown all of the combinations I have listed myself). Of course, as always, YMMV.

Ummmmm, hate to mention this but AA does not fly to BKK. All NRT-BKK flights on your itinerary above would be flown by JL. So, no SWU's after NRT.

Unless, of course, AA has decided to start flying that route sometime after the random July dates that I checked and hasn't announced it yet.

Eric
Old Jun 1, 2013, 11:15 am

Originally Posted by ZFW-ATC
Ummmmm, hate to mention this but AA does not fly to BKK. All NRT-BKK flights on your itinerary above would be flown by JL. So, no SWU's after NRT.

Unless, of course, AA has decided to start flying that route sometime after the random July dates that I checked and hasn't announced it yet.

Eric
I was excited with AA metal ORD NRT BKK too !
BKK is a great jumping off point for me.

Alas, no AA metal NRT BKK.
Old Jun 1, 2013, 4:00 pm

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by ZFW-ATC

Eric
I was excited with AA metal ORD NRT BKK too !
BKK is a great jumping off point for me.

Alas, no AA metal NRT BKK.
My apologies, not being familiar with aa.com, I checked there, and saw the routes which were JL, and which were AA, and it did not look like ORD-NRT-BKK (beginning with AA 153) had any JL legs. I need to study aa.com carefully before I consider status matching from DL to AA later this year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.