Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

SIN DO 2014, January 16-20, 2014 Singapore

SIN DO 2014, January 16-20, 2014 Singapore

Old Jul 25, 2013, 8:32 am

Programs: UA, Bonvoy, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by everywhere
This must be the first time I have seen Jetstar and good used together in the same sentence.
Ha--well, one must find ways to stay grounded (pun intended)
Old Jul 25, 2013, 12:47 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Gulf Air Falconflyer Gold
Originally Posted by everywhere
This must be the first time I have seen Jetstar and good used together in the same sentence.

Everyone seems to be coming together. Good work by lowjhg and bschaff1. You have truly outdone yourselves already!
Compared to most U.S. domestic airlines, nothing is too horrible. You need to come to the northern hemisphere more often.

Eric
Old Jul 25, 2013, 8:46 pm

Originally Posted by bschaff1

2. The post DO locations has been chosen for this year. It will be in Phuket, Thailand. The dates will be from January 20 to the 22 or 23. Plan on January 20-22 being filled with activities and the 22nd evening and 23rd being a wind down period. I was looking all over the place for the 2014 post DO, and realized that with the Marriott/UA alliance, there will be an abundance of hotels for FTers to choose from. Phuket offers Marriott, SPG, PC, and Hilton plus the flights are cheap and plentiful. I may make a separate thread for the Post DO portion, but will link to that if I do.
Any advice where the bulk of the herd will stay in Phuket based on the last time? Also which flight from SIN to HKT to book. The hotels look a bit scattered.

Thanks.
Old Jul 26, 2013, 5:34 am

Originally Posted by Peter Silberman
Any advice where the bulk of the herd will stay in Phuket based on the last time? Also which flight from SIN to HKT to book. The hotels look a bit scattered.

Thanks.
There's a HR scheduled to open end 2013 so i presume most will stay there?
Old Jul 26, 2013, 6:54 am

Originally Posted by lowjhg
There's a HR scheduled to open end 2013 so i presume most will stay there?
Bookings are not being accepted for that HR yet. I asked when reservations would open and they did not know.
Old Jul 26, 2013, 1:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium Elite, National Executive
Never done a DO. Mrs CRP and I were actually looking at SIN (or CDG) for a short vacay in January to begin with so put me +1 in the interested column. Won't confirm flights until ~ 24 hrs prior so as much as I'd like to check out Singapore Airlines from just inside the outside, I won't be able to do that. Neither of us has been to SIN so food/drinks a couple times may be fun in addition to normal touristy stuff. No HKT for us either: Mrs CRP is khon Thai and we're heading to BKK/CNX in April already...

Scouring for good hotels ...
Old Jul 26, 2013, 3:27 pm

Programs: AAExP, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, IHG Spire, Marriott Plat
Please add me to the confirmed 'Yes' list! So excited! Just booked my award ticket today and it's a beaut!

Will probably not be able to squeeze Phuket in (as much as I'd like to) so definitely hoping for the SQ tour since it's my first SIN Do! I was in Singapore last year but for various and sundry health reasons, didn't think I could keep up with a Do crowd. Now that I'm 'back', can't wait for the SIN Do just to fly these airlines - EVA, Thai, and ANA - meet some new friends, and see some of the old!

Last edited by miffSC; Jul 26, 2013 at 3:35 pm
Old Jul 27, 2013, 1:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Whew, relieved to find out post DO wasn't somewhere I couldn't refuse. +1 cant go and would be mad I f i went to Phuket without her. Saving some vacation days. Will be at the main event only
Old Jul 27, 2013, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAPlat; *Gold; Hyatt Diam; SPG Plat; PWP goddess
Please add me to the 'interested' list!
Old Jul 27, 2013, 5:08 pm
G_G
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK E+
Please put me as a strong maybe
Old Jul 28, 2013, 9:31 am

Programs: AA: EXP, SPG: Gold
Sounds like so much fun. Gotta try to clear some time for this.
Old Aug 1, 2013, 4:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
I'm excited. I just booked my ticket to the main DO. I'm stopping in HKG for a few days on the way over and arriving on CX flight around 8PM on 1/16. I'm keeping a watch out to see if 1/15 opens up. I'm trying to get in F on the CX 747 before it gets phased out (cant remember if its the whole plane or just the cabin).
Old Aug 8, 2013, 10:12 am

Programs: AC MM 50K, Marriott LTT
Please add me to the Yes Attendance List already looking forward to another fun SIN DO!

I will be arriving January 15th would very much like to be part of Fridays Singapore Airlines Event.
Old Aug 11, 2013, 6:45 pm

Programs: UA Premier, Hertz Gold, Marriot , Starwood
Thinking. count me in as "interested". I would love an International early in the year :-) But, need to know if I could get off work.
Old Aug 20, 2013, 12:08 am
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
First Do ? !!

This may well be my first real Do ! May actually be in SIN & HKT again around then too , if not will possibly stretch my visit.

Please count me in , + 1 for the SQ event ..

Looking forward to meeting FTers

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.