Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

SIN DO 2014, January 16-20, 2014 Singapore

SIN DO 2014, January 16-20, 2014 Singapore

Old Jul 21, 2013, 9:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA MM, QF Plat, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Well two big announcements regarding SIN DO 2014...

1. lowjhg is a miracle maker and has managed to arrange an amazing event for Friday for the SIN DO. There will be an event with Singapore Airlines arranged on Friday, January 17 tentatively for 9:00 AM. There will be a formal registration page added for this as soon as I come up with a way of the logistics for scheduling this and gathering the required information to arrange for security clearances. Regarding this event, there will be a limited number of spots so I will want to arrange to make sure every spot is filled. I've dreamed of doing an event like this since 2011 as part of the DO, and can't begin to thank lowjhg along with Singapore Airlines for working to arrange this.

2. The post DO locations has been chosen for this year. It will be in Phuket, Thailand. The dates will be from January 20 to the 22 or 23. Plan on January 20-22 being filled with activities and the 22nd evening and 23rd being a wind down period. I was looking all over the place for the 2014 post DO, and realized that with the Marriott/UA alliance, there will be an abundance of hotels for FTers to choose from. Phuket offers Marriott, SPG, PC, and Hilton plus the flights are cheap and plentiful. I may make a separate thread for the Post DO portion, but will link to that if I do.

Otherwise, the attendance list should be current and I'm ready to start accepting flight and hotel details. Also, I will send out a PM to comfirmed attendees and adding a registration page for the Singapore Airlines event within the next few weeks, probably August. I would add a registration page immediately, but want to give people a chance to confirm flights before saying they will attend the Singapore Airline event since I want to make sure every spot available is used for attendees.

Last edited by bschaff1; Jul 21, 2013 at 10:46 pm
Old Jul 21, 2013, 9:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Virtuoso Travel Agent, Commercial Pilot
You can move me from the "Interested" list to the "Confirmed" list ... I have confirmed flights now.

Unfortunately, it looks like I'll arrive at 6:30 PM on Friday, so I'm going to miss the big SQ event. Maybe I'll get lucky and get a free change on my ticket between then and now.
Old Jul 21, 2013, 10:13 pm

Programs: UA 2 MM, UA 1K
Count me in (+1) for the Singapore Air event on Friday. Not interested in doing Phuket again. Wish you had picked some place else...
Old Jul 21, 2013, 10:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA MM, QF Plat, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by dogloverjb
Count me in (+1) for the Singapore Air event on Friday.
Registration will be forthcoming for that event sometime around August.
Old Jul 21, 2013, 11:11 pm

Programs: QF-LTS & P, SQ-TPPS, IC-RA, HH-D, *wood G, Others
Originally Posted by bschaff1
Registration will be forthcoming for that event sometime around August.
But can we be on "priority waitlist" by registering our intentions now? As I am doing to go to the Friday SQ event.
Old Jul 22, 2013, 1:22 am

Programs: DL Diamond 2MM, AA ExPlt
Wow SQ event sounds great. Glad I arriving Thursday PM.
Old Jul 22, 2013, 10:44 am

I have updated post 7 yet again with the tentative program details of the SQ event.
Old Jul 22, 2013, 11:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by lowjhg
I have updated post 7 yet again with the tentative program details of the SQ event.
Looks like it should be a fun event!
Old Jul 22, 2013, 2:50 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Please add me to the confirmed list. Likely I'll stay at the Conrad on points (if I can save up a few more ).
Old Jul 22, 2013, 3:17 pm

Programs: Prefer to stay where the herded cats are staying, IHG , Hyatt gold, bottom fish in other chains
I arrive 1am Friday....day of Event but I shall prop my eyes open, drink lotsa coffee as I wouldn't miss these great SQ moments.
Old Jul 22, 2013, 7:57 pm

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
The SQ event on the Friday looks pretty awesome. Shame I can't confirm anything just yet.
Old Jul 22, 2013, 8:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ExPlat,EX-UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat,
Put Karung99 and Karung99+1 as interested.
Old Jul 24, 2013, 1:22 am

Programs: UA1K
I am "confirmed" on attending. Have plane ticket as of tonight. Arriving SIN (from LAX/NRT) at 12:20 am on Friday, Jan 17. Definitely will attend the SQ event later that Friday morning. Departing Monday, Jan 20 at 7:05 am. See you all in 2014.
Old Jul 24, 2013, 10:29 pm

Programs: UA, Bonvoy, Amex Plat
:D

Please move me firmly to the "Yes" category!

Arriving at 3 p.m. on 1/16, and headed out the morning of 1/21. Full itinerary is a combo of UA J, UA F, and NH F, with a little bit of Jetstar thrown in for good measure.

See you all in SIN!
Old Jul 25, 2013, 4:00 am

Originally Posted by zcat18
Please move me firmly to the "Yes" category!

Arriving at 3 p.m. on 1/16, and headed out the morning of 1/21. Full itinerary is a combo of UA J, UA F, and NH F, with a little bit of Jetstar thrown in for good measure.

See you all in SIN!
This must be the first time I have seen Jetstar and good used together in the same sentence.

Everyone seems to be coming together. Good work by lowjhg and bschaff1. You have truly outdone yourselves already!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.