Reload this Page >

Hyatt London DO 2013. October 24th-27th

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt London DO 2013. October 24th-27th

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2013, 2:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
My hotel is booked, so you can add me to the confirmed list. I also tried to apply a suite upgrade which is expiring tomorrow, and was told no go on the group rate. I have e-mailed Piotr.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 7:42 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
For a fool like me that would like to book a suite flat out can it be done directly and then I can just call the hotel to have the reservation marked that I'm part of the DO so that I can still attend events?
Old Feb 28, 2013, 12:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
Originally Posted by Yoshi212
For a fool like me that would like to book a suite flat out can it be done directly and then I can just call the hotel to have the reservation marked that I'm part of the DO so that I can still attend events?
You have to book on the group rate. If you email, the reservation will be made directly into a suite. Alternatively, I can make it for you if you provide necessary details by PM or email.

You could try making the upgrade using daily rate and a suite upgrade certificate and then asking the hotel to change the rate, but until working hours, I can't ask whether this will be ok.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 6:09 am

Programs: AA EXP Hyatt Dia SPG Gold Fairmont Plat
Suite upgrade applied this morning (Texas time) by contacting Piotr via email yesterday afternoon. Thanks for the contact info.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 7:32 am
Suspended

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
Originally Posted by price123
You can book online using code G-FLYT. The cancellation policy may not show correctly but it is 14 days prior to arrival.
Just a heads up you need to use the code under corp rate, and not under special offer code.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 7:33 am
Suspended

What nights pre/post DO can the code be used for?
Old Feb 28, 2013, 7:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
Originally Posted by travelkid
What nights pre/post DO can the code be used for?
Good question and will need to check the contract later. I think last year was 2 days either side so likely the same this year.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 8:05 am
Suspended

Took less than 5 minutes to have the expiring suite upgrade confirmed by e-mail during office hours^
Old Feb 28, 2013, 8:26 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
Received a response to my email and a suite upgrade has been applied. Thanks! Since I have the hotel reservation buttoned up, you might as well switch me over to confirmed, barring any subsequent conflict of course.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 12:06 pm

Programs: UAL 1K MM, AA Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hertz President's Circle, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Amex Plat
I received a prompt email from Piotr and the hotel confirming the suite upgrade was applied.

Last edited by Pinky; Feb 28, 2013 at 1:00 pm
Old Feb 28, 2013, 2:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Piotr confirmed my suite upgrade, too. ^ Fun times!
Old Jun 26, 2013, 2:16 am
Original Poster

We have now (at last) got the cancellation policy correct on the Hyatt website, so I am happy for anyone else to book now.

We are still in contact with Virgin Atlantic, to see whether they would be interested in providing an activity once again. I think everyone really enjoyed last year's safety training.

Alternatively, there will be a new Aviation Experience opening in London, so we would foresee using a river taxi to get there and having a look around. As it's not yet open there is little information about it, but we would approach the owners to try to negotiate a reduced entrance fee.

For Friday evening, Frequent_Flyer1 has kindly booked a private room at 4030, the Gherkin. This has a capacity of 16 people and offers great views over the capital. The food is also high quality and I would allow around 50 GBP ahead. Let me know if you wish to come. Dining at 4030 is one of the benefits of American Express Platinum or Centurion mebership (through the concierge) as the restaurant is otherwise for private members only, therefore this would be a good option to try it out for anyone wondering about taking out the card.

American Express UK have once again generously offered to sponsor the dinner on the Saturday evening. I'm sure everyone agrees that this was one of the highlight's of last year's event.

We have started collecting prizes for the draw/raffle. Currently, we are undecided on how this will work but I will give out more information nearer the time. Prizes will be from Hyatt Hotels and Resorts around the World once more.
Old Jul 7, 2013, 4:22 pm

Programs: UA 1k MM;*A Lifetime Gold; Marriott Lifetime Platinum; HiltonHonors Gold. Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by price123
After the success of last year's event at The Churchill, we will be running the Hyatt London Do for the second year running. Proposed itinerary as follows:

24th October
19:30 Champagne reception, sponsored by The Hyatt Churchill in the Library Suite
Goody bags

25th October
09:30 Focus groups as required
Airline activity day to be confirmed
Optional evening activity eg dinner at 4030 at the Gherkin

26th October
14:00 Delivery of amenities to St Martin-in-the-Fields. Tour or information for those who are interested
19:00 Champagne reception and dinner, generously sponsored by American Express
Prize draw to raise money for St Martin-in-the-Fields

27th October
12:30 Brunch

As with last year, in order to attend any sponsored activity (including the prize draw), you will need to stay 2 nights at The Churchill, paying the group rate. Any non-sponsored activities are open to everyone.

Rate for a View Room
£264 single occupancy including VAT and full breakfast in the Montagu
£288 double occupancy including VAT and full breakfast in the Montagu

We are negotiating with potential sponsors (some from last year, some new) and will update this page with information about new sponsorship, benefits or activities. Booking will be open soon. Rate has a 14 day cancellation policy attached.

Confirmed
driven2travel
flux
Markie
Pat89339
Pinky
price123
qbrain+1
skaya
SS255
travelkid
upup+away

Interested
ACC2008
Brituchenite+1
crystak
cs1985+1
dedehans
FriendlySkies
HaryoS+1
LA2CDG
monitor+1
nighthawkrs
oiRRio
rfrost
Yoshi212
Can you add me as a definite! Hotel room booked. Flight from USA booked! Looking forward to spending some time in London and back at the lovely Churchill HOtel!
Old Jul 8, 2013, 7:54 am
Original Poster

Despite having requested bonus points for the event since last October, Hyatt have definitely said now that they will not provide any promotion. It has not been ruled out for last year but due cannot occur this year.

As such, we will partially waive the 2-night minimum stay requirement, as we understand people may want to stay elsewhere or hotel hop with the Andaz to increase stays. However, we still encourage staying at the Churchill as they treated us well last year and last year's attendees received special amenities in the room each night.

Therefore, if you stay for just 1 night on the group rate, you may attend any events on that day, except for taking part in the prize draw.

If you stay 2 nights or more on the group rate, you may attend all events regardless of whether you are staying at the Churchill on that night (i.e. you could stay at the Churchill Friday and Saturday night, but may still attend the champagne reception on Thursday).

In order to be entered into the prize draw, you need to have 2 nights on the group rate at the Churchill. We would like suggestions for how to play the prize draw this year - same as last year with everyone receives a prize and donations requested; paid tickets for the draw but limited to 1 per person; a secret or non secret auction? What would you find best? We will be raising money for St Martin-in-the-Fields charity for homeless people once again.

Also, what was most popular in the goody bags? We know which was most valuable but maybe that doesn't coincide with what was most appreciated?

If anyone local wishes to come to the American Express focus group (expected on Friday morning), let me know and I will try to arrange something in return.
Old Jul 14, 2013, 11:32 am

Programs: UAL 1K MM, AA Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hertz President's Circle, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Amex Plat
I booked my hotel but as I just switched firms this week I need to find out if I can take off work in Oct to make this event. Will know more soon but I would like to go.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.