Reload this Page >

Hyatt London DO 2013. October 24th-27th

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt London DO 2013. October 24th-27th

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2013, 8:42 am

Programs: UAL 1K MM, AA Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hertz President's Circle, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Amex Plat
I'm interested
Old Feb 27, 2013, 8:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
Originally Posted by Pat89339
Any possibility of having the booking link available before my current suite upgrades expire tomorrow?
You can book online using code G-FLYT. The cancellation policy may not show correctly but it is 14 days prior to arrival.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 9:05 am

Originally Posted by price123
You can book online using code G-FLYT. The cancellation policy may not show correctly but it is 14 days prior to arrival.
Cancellation policy shows up as 24 hours.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 9:08 am

Is it possible participate without staying at Hyatt Churchill?
Old Feb 27, 2013, 9:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
As mentioned, the booking link may show incorrect cancellation policy, hence why I haven't published it before. This is being changed but takes some time. However, I understand people want to use diamond suite upgrade certificates, so am happy to let people book as long as they understand that the cancellation policy is 14 days.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 9:15 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TAHKUCT
Is it possible participate without staying at Hyatt Churchill?
As mentioned in the first post:
"As with last year, in order to attend any sponsored activity (including the prize draw), you will need to stay 2 nights at The Churchill, paying the group rate. Any non-sponsored activities are open to everyone."
Old Feb 27, 2013, 9:26 am

Programs: UAL 1K MM, AA Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hertz President's Circle, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Amex Plat
As mentioned, the booking link may show incorrect cancellation policy, hence why I haven't published it before. This is being changed but takes some time. However, I understand people want to use diamond suite upgrade certificates, so am happy to let people book as long as they understand that the cancellation policy is 14 days.
Hyatt website says Driven2Travel - rate is confidential when using code G-FLYT.

I'm fine with holding it for now so I can use suite upgrade certs but just letting you know.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 9:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Pinky
Hyatt website says Driven2Travel - rate is confidential when using code G-FLYT.

I'm fine with holding it for now so I can use suite upgrade certs but just letting you know.
That is correct - seems to be the way Hyatt now deal with group bookings (the same shows for the Abu Dhabi/Maldives do - driven2travel is me). Rate is as on the first page - a slight discount from last year - £264 single occupancy/ £288 double occupancy including VAT and breakfast.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Put me down +1 although it is still a bit early to confirm.

I have booked the Churchill at the blind rate and will register us for the events when such is required if my October calendar is clear for those dates.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 10:37 am

No problem. Thanks for clarifying.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 10:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TAHKUCT
No problem. Thanks for clarifying.
Ok. We had some problems last year with late cancellations. We had previously had a waiting list for the activities with limited space, but as the date got nearer and space didn't clear, those people booked other travel. With cancellations happening as late as 48 hours prior to arrival, we were left with space at many of the events. I'm sure you can imagine that this is not great when we have sponsors paying for eg. a dinner for 50 people if only 45 turn up and there are empty seats. Hence, a 14 day cancellation policy at least gives a bit of time for local people to arrange.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 11:03 am

Ok. We had some problems last year with late cancellations. We had previously had a waiting list for the activities with limited space, but as the date got nearer and space didn't clear, those people booked other travel. With cancellations happening as late as 48 hours prior to arrival, we were left with space at many of the events. I'm sure you can imagine that this is not great when we have sponsors paying for eg. a dinner for 50 people if only 45 turn up and there are empty seats. Hence, a 14 day cancellation policy at least gives a bit of time for local people to arrange.
That makes perfect sense and 14 day cancellation policy Is very reasonable IMHO.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 12:46 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
That is correct - seems to be the way Hyatt now deal with group bookings (the same shows for the Abu Dhabi/Maldives do - driven2travel is me). Rate is as on the first page - a slight discount from last year - £264 single occupancy/ £288 double occupancy including VAT and breakfast.
The "confidential rate" is giving me trouble with the Diamond desk in applying a suite upgrade.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 12:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP Hyatt Dia SPG Gold Fairmont Plat
Originally Posted by Pat89339
The "confidential rate" is giving me trouble with the Diamond desk in applying a suite upgrade.
I was just about to call, thanks for the heads up Pat.

qbrain+1 on the if at all possible list.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 1:22 pm
Original Poster

For people wanting to get suite upgrades email/phone the hotel directly or to reservation.hrlondon [at] hyatt.com

Sorry for inconvenience

Last edited by price123; Feb 28, 2013 at 2:14 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.