Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cow Do IX (EZE) - Aug 30th - Sep 02, 2013

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2013, 9:40 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by skyvanman
interested but not sure what I'm doing in August yet.
Should I list you as interested...?
Old Mar 19, 2013, 3:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
bump !!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Mar 19, 2013, 8:18 pm

Hi all,

I am hoping to sign on, but wondered if anyone had any thoughts on the logistics of connecting through GIG or GRU on TAM(JJ)? I would likely be flying US metal out of PHL.

thanks,
-SC
Old Mar 20, 2013, 12:24 am

Programs: Enough to travel better
Originally Posted by SouthernCross
Hi all,

I am hoping to sign on, but wondered if anyone had any thoughts on the logistics of connecting through GIG or GRU on TAM(JJ)? I would likely be flying US metal out of PHL.

thanks,
-SC
Sure. FYI, there was at least one attendee at last year's event that departed out of PIT, not sure on which carrier to GRU. In GRU, the attendee connected to EK from GRU to EZE.

Another attendee also used EK to EZE, with an itinerary that was DXB-GRU-EZE.

I'm not sure if anyone else arrived at last year's event on TAM, but note, if you are thinking of using a *A itinerary, TAM, will most likely depart from *A to OW at some point this year because of the LANTAM arrangement going to OW.
Old Mar 20, 2013, 2:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by SouthernCross
Hi all,

thanks,
-SC
Check whether you will need a visa for Brazil for transit. Also, Brazil is a country that seems to have some exotic diseases, or at least some other countries think they do, so make sure you won't need any shots.
Old Mar 20, 2013, 5:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Check whether you will need a visa for Brazil for transit. Also, Brazil is a country that seems to have some exotic diseases, or at least some other countries think they do, so make sure you won't need any shots.
No transit visa for Brazil if you are flying int'l to int'l through an airport that has a secure transit facility (i.e., GRU).
Old Mar 21, 2013, 2:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2MM/AC; UA Silver; AS; DL; Marriott LTT; National Car Elite
Please list me as interested.
Old Mar 25, 2013, 2:27 pm

I've never been to a DO and I'm sure my wife would toss me out of the house if I brought this up, but my questions is....is the main purpose of this DO to eat as much cow as possible? Sounds like an awesome goal!
Old Mar 25, 2013, 2:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum, Delta Silver Medallion, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
Looking into it. Honest question: if I go alone (no DH), would people be willing/able to push my wheelhcair? It's a very light travel wheelchair, and I weigh under 90 lbs. If DH goes, this is not an issue. I speak perfect Spanish, if that helps!
Old Mar 27, 2013, 4:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ysolde
Looking into it. Honest question: if I go alone (no DH), would people be willing/able to push my wheelhcair? It's a very light travel wheelchair, and I weigh under 90 lbs. If DH goes, this is not an issue. I speak perfect Spanish, if that helps!
Hi.... its great to hear you are thinking of joining us.

Not sure I fully understand your question. Are you asking if when you join the group events (ie. planned activities with other FTers) there will be someone willing to assist...?
Old Mar 27, 2013, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum, Delta Silver Medallion, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
Originally Posted by Gaucho100K
Hi.... its great to hear you are thinking of joining us.

Not sure I fully understand your question. Are you asking if when you join the group events (ie. planned activities with other FTers) there will be someone willing to assist...?
Yup. That's the question.
Old Mar 27, 2013, 3:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Gaucho --

Put me down as a strong maybe +1. DH has never been to BA, there is an overnight AA flight, and there is a Marriott in San Martin (I'm assuming that's a good location; if it's not let me know!).
Old Mar 29, 2013, 2:39 am

Programs: Skywards-Gold, SPG-Platinum
Put me in.
Old Mar 30, 2013, 2:44 pm
Original Poster

Yup. That's the question.
In that case, then you can be 200% sure that everybody in the FT group will be more than willing to assist you with any mobility issues you will have.
Old Mar 30, 2013, 2:45 pm
Original Poster

Gaucho --

Put me down as a strong maybe +1. DH has never been to BA, there is an overnight AA flight, and there is a Marriott in San Martin (I'm assuming that's a good location; if it's not let me know!).
The Marriott is located near Plaza San Martin, very good location, and a very nice hotel - I understand that the frequent stay members get very good treatment at this property, especially if you have top status.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.