Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

10 Sept.-near SFO- UA Capt. Denny Dinner & Jason Dahl Scholarship Fund Raffle draw

10 Sept.-near SFO- UA Capt. Denny Dinner & Jason Dahl Scholarship Fund Raffle draw

Old Aug 22, 2012, 3:25 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by DLroads
I can't attend but I have sent my donation .
That's great DLroads! Sorry that you can't attend.
Old Aug 22, 2012, 5:00 pm

Count me in Pat! Thanks for organizing everything and thanks for the heads up!
Old Aug 22, 2012, 8:29 pm

Programs: SAS EuroBonus, LH M&M, Finnair Plus, SPG Preferred Plus
Dear Pat,

goalie gave me the heads up on this. I just arrived back into town a few hours ago. Please put me down as confirmed (unless I get called for a job interview somewhere)
Old Aug 22, 2012, 8:49 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by UAX@SFO
Dear Pat,

goalie gave me the heads up on this. I just arrived back into town a few hours ago. Please put me down as confirmed (unless I get called for a job interview somewhere)
Terrific! ^ Welcome back home!
Old Aug 22, 2012, 9:06 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by UAX@SFO
Dear Pat,

Welcome home and looking forward to buying you a welcome home beer :-)
Old Aug 22, 2012, 10:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP
Pat with a bunch of numbers,

I would love to come to dinner. Please put me down. Made a donation in Flyertalk's name to the JD fund.

Thanks for arranging this.

Lurker
Old Aug 24, 2012, 12:27 am

Programs: UA platinum, HA platinum, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, Priority Club, SPG
Think I can make this work--stopover on the way to east coast. Does anyone know if there is luggage storage at SFO? I'm contemplating arriving on UA at 7 am, with a 22" rolling carry on and tote bag. Would like to store these and explore yet-to-be-determined destination, most likely via BART.

Also, will anyone be going past SFO after dinner? Will probably book an 11:30 pm departure. If I don't do the red eye will arrive at 2:38 pm. Any ideas for things to do around the restaurant? I've never spent time in the area.

Looking forward to seeing old friends and meeting new folks; thrilled that the date worked so well for me.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 12:43 am

Programs: UA, AA
Originally Posted by stravels
Think I can make this work--stopover on the way to east coast. Does anyone know if there is luggage storage at SFO? I'm contemplating arriving on UA at 7 am, with a 22" rolling carry on and tote bag. Would like to store these and explore yet-to-be-determined destination, most likely via BART.

Also, will anyone be going past SFO after dinner? Will probably book an 11:30 pm departure. If I don't do the red eye will arrive at 2:38 pm. Any ideas for things to do around the restaurant? I've never spent time in the area.

Looking forward to seeing old friends and meeting new folks; thrilled that the date worked so well for me.
Can I store luggage at the airport?
Baggage storage is exclusively available at the Airport Travel Agency, located on the Departures/Ticketing Level of the International Terminal, near the entrance to Gates G91-G102. The Airport Travel Agency is open daily from 7:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. No reservations are required for baggage storage. All baggage is x-rayed prior to storage.

Rates are assessed per each 24 hour period that an article is in storage (articles in storage for less than 24 hours will be subject to the 24 hour rate), and vary according to the size of the object.

Please contact the Airport Travel Agency at 650.877.0422 or [email protected] for additional information.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 1:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by stravels

Thanks hapywandr for answering the storage question!

As for your other question, yes many folks will be going past SFO after dinner. There are also plenty of airport hotel shuttles nearby if you prefer that.

There isn't much in the area other than airport hotels and a park. But it's a great area for plane spotting.

I'm glad that you can make it.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 8:22 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors, Practical Travel Safety Issues & San Francisco

Programs: UA, Hilton, Priceline, AirBnB
still looking to catch a ride.

we can leave from downtown SF, SOMA, Haight area.....or you name it....
Old Aug 24, 2012, 2:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K
will be in SFO on 10th

all,

just found out that i have a meeting in san fran on the 10th! I am going to do my best to get back down to the area in time.

Old Aug 24, 2012, 3:02 pm

Programs: BA, UA, US, AA
I live in the area so I'll be delighted to attend. Made a donation in Flyertalk's name.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 7:17 pm

Programs: UA: 1K, HH: Diamond
Deirdre too
Old Aug 24, 2012, 9:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Woo Hoo. Consider this an RSVP by the elusive Eastbay1K
Old Aug 24, 2012, 9:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by squeakr
we can leave from downtown SF, SOMA, Haight area.....or you name it....
Can you take BART - I can do a pick up in any San Mateo County BART...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.