Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: Please choose the activities you wish to attend
Tsukiji Fish Market (starts 5am) Will run Friday and Sat
61.00%
Airline Event (half-day) Saturday/Sunday
89.00%
Bullet Train Tour (overnight) to Kyoto (Saturday)
51.00%
Beer Factory Visit (Japanese Microbrew)
45.00%
Shopping Tour (Akihabara) Electronics etc
29.00%
Welcome Drinks - Thurs Night (Izakaya style) Will require registration
68.00%
Main Dinner - Friday Night
82.00%
Cultural Day - Walking Tour (Palace, Historic Japanese)
62.00%
Wrap up Lunch - Sunday
69.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Old Mar 20, 2013, 3:48 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Japan Do Dashboard Wiki

Events schedule

Thu 28 Mar
13:30 Unofficial Imperial Palace Tour 1

Tokyo station is also very convenient (Tokaido, Yokosuka, Keihin-Tohoku, Yamanote, Chuo and Keiyo JR lines plus Marunouchi metro line)

18:00 Welcome Drinks at Heartland, Roppongi

Fri 29 Mar
05:00 Tsukiji Market Tour, Tsukiji Shijō

10:00 Unofficial Imperial Palace Tour 2

Tokyo station is also very convenient (Tokaido, Yokosuka, Keihin-Tohoku, Yamanote, Chuo and Keiyo JR lines plus Marunouchi metro line)

10:15 Sumida River Water Bus, Hamarikyu Gardens

Shiodome (E19) or Tsukiji Shijo (E18) on Oedo Subway Line are also convenient for Hamarikyu.

19:00 Traditional Japanese Izakaya at Kakoiya, Yurakucho

Sat 30 Mar
05:00 Tsukiji Market Tour, Tsukiji Shijō

08:00 Nagano Shinkansen

Outbound: Tokyo station (08:36 Asama 509)
Inbound: Nagano station (14:26 Asama 530)

10:00 Cherry blossom walk 1, Imperial Palace

17:45 Dinner Cruise, Haneda Airport Pier (18:00 departure)

Sun 31 Mar
10:00 Cherry blossom walk 2, Imperial Palace

Logistics

When we're arriving | Where we're staying | When we're leaving

Narita Express (N'EX) | Suica & N'EX package | Narita and Haneda Limousine Buses | Tokyo Subway Route Map | JR East Network Map | Google map w/ subway overlay | JR Yamanote Line loop
Print Wikipost

Japan DO - March 29-31, 2013

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2013, 5:41 am

Programs: QF WP (OWE) / LTG (LT OWS) | Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by chchkiwi
SQ421 - I'm also at SIN for the next couple of hours. Currently in the Krisflyer Biz Lounge. Where are you?
Hey! I'm in the SkyView Lounge waiting for the CX departure to CMB. I'm guessing you are in T3?
Old Mar 27, 2013, 6:03 am

Programs: UA, DL, AA, BD, NZ, QF, DJ, RCC, SPG, Priority Club, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by SQ421
Hey! I'm in the SkyView Lounge waiting for the CX departure to CMB. I'm guessing you are in T3?
Yup, T3, awaiting an SG departure to HND. Safe travels - see you in a day or so.
Old Mar 27, 2013, 6:45 am

Programs: QF WP (OWE) / LTG (LT OWS) | Hyatt Globalist
I get into NRT tomorrow evening. Might head out drinking but unlikely. Probably see you Friday.
Old Mar 27, 2013, 7:25 am

Programs: UA 2MM
I'm in the domestic United Club at SFO, awaiting my flight SFO-LAX. Club is pretty quiet, as it is still 6:20 am.I'm not sure why UA schedules RNO-SFO at 5:15 am. Why can't they offer a 7am or 8 am flight? One wonders.
Old Mar 27, 2013, 7:35 am
Moderator, Trip Reports
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS-2MM, Marriott Ambassador
Actually when I got up this morning it was a little cold so I think I will give this weekend a miss...
Old Mar 27, 2013, 7:47 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by eightblack
Actually when I got up this morning it was a little cold so I think I will give this weekend a miss...
It was quite cold in Tokyo today with the high of 9℃ if it's any consolation. Not sure what it was in your currency.
Old Mar 27, 2013, 7:51 am

Programs: LH, BA, Hilton
A light dusting of snow and a chilly wind en route in Munich
Old Mar 27, 2013, 8:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
LAX-NRT today! It's finally here!
Old Mar 27, 2013, 9:25 am

Programs: UA 1K*MM, AA PP
Originally Posted by TAHKUCT
I am currently at Park Hyatt and can confirm that is somewhat a challenge to find a shuttle bus especially if you have luggage. If you decide to walk, the easiest is just too take a South exit and turn right. However with luggage and if it is your first time at Shinjuku station, I would just take a taxi. I paid around ¥1100
Except the original question was about Hyatt Regency which is a few blocks North of you (just north of the Metropolitan Government Building).

So if going to Park Hyatt, South exit is fine, if going to Hyatt Regency, definitely look for the WEST exit.
Old Mar 27, 2013, 9:46 am

Programs: | *G | STE | HGP ♦ | SPG Au | MR Au
Originally Posted by specialeffects
Got the flights but no hotel, IC is fully booked and so are others on reward nights. Any last min suggestions?
What a pity, I just cancelled a booking I had at another hotel.

Tough!
Old Mar 27, 2013, 11:06 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Getting to Tokyo Station for Nagano Shinkansen

Here is a detailed map of JR Tokyo Station in PDF.

http://www.jreast.co.jp/e/stations/img/map_e/e1039.pdf

'Asama 509' will depart from platform 21 and 'Asama 530' will arrive on platform 20. As long as you arrive on the JR Chuō, Yamanote or Keihin-Tōhoku Lines, changing from local/commuter lines to Shinkansen should not be too difficult. Don't be tempted to transfer from Tokyo Metro Marunouchi Subway Line, however. It will be a very long walk.

Railway platforms have markings to show exactly where each carriage will stop and where the doors will be, so you know where to stand and wait for a team of cleaners to finish their 7 minutes' stint. And remember passengers have just 5 minutes to board the train!
Old Mar 27, 2013, 11:13 am

Saturday - Dinner Cruise Haneda Airport Pier

We will meet at the Information Desk on the 3rd floor (departure level) of the Haneda Airport International Terminal at 17:30. A bus will depart for the airport pier at 17:45. After the cruise the operator will drop us off at Keikyu Kamata station.

Haneda International Terminal may be reached by:

Tokyo Monorail from Hamamatsucho (470 yen one way, takes 13-18 minutes)
or
Keikyu Line from Shinagawa, or Daimon (through service with Asakusa Subway Line) 400 yen from Shinagawa, direct train takes 13 minutes).

Since most people attending the airport dinner cruise will be coming from the Nagano Shinkansen trip, here is how to get from Tokyo Station to the Haneda Airport International Terminal.

From the Shinkansen arrival platform go to platforms 5/6 for the Yamanote and Keihin-Tohoku Lines. As these two lines run parallel between Tokyo and Shinagawa you can catch whichever train that comes first.

From Tokyo station to Haneda your options are:

Change at Hamamatsucho (third stop) to Tokyo Monorail
or
Change at Shinagawa (fifth stop) to Keikyu Line

The stop for the Haneda Airport International Terminal is before the stop(s) for the domestic terminal(s) whether you travel by Monorail or Keikyu Line. It will take approximately the same length of time from Tokyo (about 1/2 hour) whichever option you choose, involve one change and cost 620 yen via Monorail and 560 yen via Keikyu Line.

From the Haneda International Terminal station, go up to the departure level (3rd floor) and the Information Desk may be found in the central area close to the elevators/escalator from the railway stations.

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Mar 29, 2013 at 5:52 pm
Old Mar 27, 2013, 11:37 am

Programs: UA MM Gold
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
As there will be no public transport to get you to the market before 5am, the only options would be to take a cab or to walk there. .
Getting to the fish market tomorrow (Friday) morning---

If you are interested in sharing a cab from the B Roppongi or nearby (GH?), let me know. I am talking with Eight Black here in LAX, and he says he'll likely arrive around 4:30am which he and I will think is about noon.

l.
Old Mar 27, 2013, 12:12 pm
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by DENchick
Getting to the fish market tomorrow (Friday) morning---

If you are interested in sharing a cab from the B Roppongi or nearby (GH?), let me know. I am talking with Eight Black here in LAX, and he says he'll likely arrive around 4:30am which he and I will think is about noon.

l.
I will join you for that. Will be at the GH
Old Mar 27, 2013, 12:27 pm
Moderator, Trip Reports
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS-2MM, Marriott Ambassador
Ok, taking off from LAX in under an hour. With 3 other FT'ers (Mommy Points, DENchick and RestlessinRNO). See you on the other side. Everyone try and stay calm until then...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.