Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: Please choose the activities you wish to attend
Tsukiji Fish Market (starts 5am) Will run Friday and Sat
61.00%
Airline Event (half-day) Saturday/Sunday
89.00%
Bullet Train Tour (overnight) to Kyoto (Saturday)
51.00%
Beer Factory Visit (Japanese Microbrew)
45.00%
Shopping Tour (Akihabara) Electronics etc
29.00%
Welcome Drinks - Thurs Night (Izakaya style) Will require registration
68.00%
Main Dinner - Friday Night
82.00%
Cultural Day - Walking Tour (Palace, Historic Japanese)
62.00%
Wrap up Lunch - Sunday
69.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Old Mar 20, 2013, 3:48 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Japan Do Dashboard Wiki

Events schedule

Thu 28 Mar
13:30 Unofficial Imperial Palace Tour 1

Tokyo station is also very convenient (Tokaido, Yokosuka, Keihin-Tohoku, Yamanote, Chuo and Keiyo JR lines plus Marunouchi metro line)

18:00 Welcome Drinks at Heartland, Roppongi

Fri 29 Mar
05:00 Tsukiji Market Tour, Tsukiji Shijō

10:00 Unofficial Imperial Palace Tour 2

Tokyo station is also very convenient (Tokaido, Yokosuka, Keihin-Tohoku, Yamanote, Chuo and Keiyo JR lines plus Marunouchi metro line)

10:15 Sumida River Water Bus, Hamarikyu Gardens

Shiodome (E19) or Tsukiji Shijo (E18) on Oedo Subway Line are also convenient for Hamarikyu.

19:00 Traditional Japanese Izakaya at Kakoiya, Yurakucho

Sat 30 Mar
05:00 Tsukiji Market Tour, Tsukiji Shijō

08:00 Nagano Shinkansen

Outbound: Tokyo station (08:36 Asama 509)
Inbound: Nagano station (14:26 Asama 530)

10:00 Cherry blossom walk 1, Imperial Palace

17:45 Dinner Cruise, Haneda Airport Pier (18:00 departure)

Sun 31 Mar
10:00 Cherry blossom walk 2, Imperial Palace

Logistics

When we're arriving | Where we're staying | When we're leaving

Narita Express (N'EX) | Suica & N'EX package | Narita and Haneda Limousine Buses | Tokyo Subway Route Map | JR East Network Map | Google map w/ subway overlay | JR Yamanote Line loop
Print Wikipost

Japan DO - March 29-31, 2013

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2013, 1:00 pm

Programs: OW/AA, DL, UA; Marriott Titanium
Taking off from LAX with a couple of other FTers in tow, in a few minutes as well!

NOT in a few minutes. Another delay whilst they search for another plane for us. Another round of drinks it is then, in the LAX FL....

Last edited by skye1; Mar 27, 2013 at 1:31 pm
Old Mar 27, 2013, 1:02 pm

Programs: UA MM *G, AA EXP, OW Emerald, Hyatt Globalist, Gold everywhere else
Originally Posted by eightblack
Actually when I got up this morning it was a little cold so I think I will give this weekend a miss...
Nooooooooooooo.... :P

ETA: Oh good, you got on the plane. Now your mission: drink that cart dry so that there's a good entry for the trip report...

Last edited by paranoiatx; Mar 27, 2013 at 1:06 pm Reason: update
Old Mar 27, 2013, 1:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by skye1
Taking off from LAX with a couple of other FTers in tow, in a few minutes as well!

NOT in a few minutes. Another delay whilst they search for another plane for us. Another round of drinks it is then, in the LAX FL....
deleted

Last edited by AA_EXP09; Mar 27, 2013 at 1:48 pm Reason: taking off, not arriving
Old Mar 27, 2013, 2:50 pm

Onboard UA 879 in HNL
Old Mar 27, 2013, 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by skye1
I'm also departing LAX in a bit (SQ11), but with no fellow FT'ers in tow.
Old Mar 27, 2013, 3:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
For those of us on the palace tour today, I plan to get ramen in Tokyo station beforehand. Anyone wanna join me? We'll have to come up with somewhere to meet as I'll prob have no communication device available once I leave my hotel for the day.

Well, I'll be there about noon. B1 level where all the ramen shops are. Mid 30's, beard, blue jacket with orange lined hood. At 1:30, I'll have the same beard at the kikyo-mon gate

Last edited by tkey75; Mar 27, 2013 at 5:56 pm
Old Mar 27, 2013, 6:27 pm

Programs: First Time Flyer
Originally Posted by chchkiwi
SQ421 - I'm also at SIN for the next couple of hours. Currently in the Krisflyer Biz Lounge. Where are you?
I must have just missed you chchkiwi. I was in the TPR for a few hours yesterday, but had to run into town for some meetings, dinner and drinks. I'm back at Changi in the TPR again now waiting for SQ12
Old Mar 27, 2013, 6:36 pm
Moderator, All Nippon Airways and Japan

Programs: NH SFC (*G), JL JGP (OWE), AS MVP, WOH E, IHG SE
I'll be running a bit late to drinks this evening, but I'm looking forward to seeing you all!

By the way, today the high is 17 degrees -- a nice change from yesterday! Saturday is a bit cold but temperatures look good tomorrow and Sunday as well. Let's hope the rain holds off (but be sure to buy an umbrella at a conbini or 100 yen shop to be on the safe side)!
Old Mar 27, 2013, 6:50 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
I have a few A4 sheets with the FlyerTalk logo which I hope they'll let me stick by the entrance at Heartland, though if anyone manages to find the entrance they'll be fine. See you all later!
Old Mar 27, 2013, 7:55 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
ただいま!
Old Mar 27, 2013, 7:56 pm
kpc

Programs: QF Plat, VA Gold, HH Diam, PC Plat, SPG Gold
Well serfty, myself and +1 are at the Conrad executive lounge just having finished brunch. Our rooms will be ready in an hour so time for a shower before we head to the Imperial Palace for the pm tour
Old Mar 27, 2013, 8:06 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by intuition
ただいま!
Are you coming to join the group for a visit to Denpoin Garden tomorrow and a walk around Kappabashi?
Old Mar 27, 2013, 8:10 pm

Programs: OZ D+ Lifetime
Hey everyone, my flight arrives late tonight at HND. I don't think I will be able to make it for drinks tonight, but will try my best to meet everyone Friday morning at the Fish market. Is there a meeting point everyone is meeting at? I'm wondering how hard it will be to get taxi at 4am?
Old Mar 27, 2013, 8:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Current updated flight post here: Tokyo 2013 Do flight list

Here's a great post on how to walk from JR Shinbashi Station to the Conrad (just think "Escalators" rather than "Elevators"):
Originally Posted by jpdx;19921294 (reformatted)
For what it's worth, I find that walk incredibly inconvenient with luggage.

There are several level changes (stairs/escalators). If you're traveling with a lot of stuff (and insist on walking rather than taking a cab), [please follow]

I would take the ground-level Shiodome exit of Shimbashi station and

[Follow the signs to the Yurikamome line] Head over 50ft to the elevator [escalators] that go up to the concourse level [there are two to travel] of Yurikamome Line (train enthusisats may correct me on the terminology -- this is the lowest elevated level, where the Sunkus and Starbucks are, NOT where the trains run).

Walk straight on [a couple of hundred yards] the elevated walkway until you can go no further (you hit Dentsu building), then [DO NOT enter the Dentsu Building ]

turn right and walk [about 150 yeards]until you reach the elevator escalator by the Shiodome building (take to ground floor).

From there, it's an easy 200ft walk to the Conrad entrance. This walkway isn't covered, so if it's cold or rainy, the depressing underground walkway may be the better option.
KPC, +1 & I followed this earlier today with reasonable success - instruction reforrmated and notations placed based on the experience.

Last edited by serfty; Mar 27, 2013 at 8:29 pm
Old Mar 27, 2013, 9:38 pm
Moderator, All Nippon Airways and Japan

Programs: NH SFC (*G), JL JGP (OWE), AS MVP, WOH E, IHG SE
An announcement from your Do Organizing Committee:

We have now closed applications for the Friday night welcome dinner and Saturday night cruise as reservations have been finalized with the restaurant and cruise operator.

There are still two hours before EventBrite registration is closed for the Cherry Blossom Walks and Saturday morning fish market tour, and four hours before we close up registration for the Friday morning fish market tour and Sumida River water bus tour. Any registrations after that cannot be processed on EventBrite -- you'll have to let one of us know via email or at one of the events starting tomorrow.

Thanks for your understanding!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.