Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

2012 DTW / Ann Arbor Art Fair Do (July 20-22)

2012 DTW / Ann Arbor Art Fair Do (July 20-22)

Old Jul 7, 12, 10:59 am

All, please let me know if there are specific topics you would like me to cover. Here are a few possible topics (but I'm open to others):

* creative ways to earn lots of points and miles without credit card churning
* how to meet minimum spend requirements for credit card sign up bonuses
* how to earn elite status without flying or hotel hopping.
* maximizing shopping portal rewards

Originally Posted by GrizShel View Post
I can confirm now that we will have a couple of folks that you may know from their Boarding Area blogs who will give talks and moderate discussions on Saturday afternoon (July 21):

1. Frequent Miler on maximizing value with gift cards and other opportunities to leverage value with miles and points.

2. Delta Points about maximizing value with Delta.

I'm sure both of them will try to incorporate any suggestions you have as they work out the details of their talks, so feel free to post your ideas of what you would like to discuss.

You can go here to find both of their blogs:
http://boardingarea.com/

We'll also definitely have time to share tips / questions with each other and do the Best Vacation ever round robin and talk about our future dream vacations and how to make them a reality.
Old Jul 7, 12, 2:46 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
To Frequent Miler

I want:

Miles for free and for minimum amount of time involved.

Heck, me and everyone else

I have saved your kiva blog post, I need to do this...Been saying it for...ever!
Old Jul 7, 12, 4:31 pm

Originally Posted by gpapadop View Post
I want:

Miles for free and for minimum amount of time involved.

Heck, me and everyone else

I have saved your kiva blog post, I need to do this...Been saying it for...ever!
Thanks. Kiva is a great idea for a topic (and it does meet your criteria)
Old Jul 9, 12, 1:29 pm

Small change for me. I'll be at the library but no other events. Leaving for Helsinki that night.
Old Jul 9, 12, 9:36 pm

Programs: NWA, AC., SWA, AA.,UA, HH
I just found out Im in New Orleans this weekend
Damn!
Good luck and best wishes to everyone
Have fun
Jigger
Old Jul 12, 12, 6:47 pm

Programs: Charter Member Delta Diamond Medallion, Lifetime AA Platinum, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
I have cleared my off my work schedule for the Art Fair Week and should see everyone in Ann Arbor. After all, I work here when I'm not flying.
Old Jul 12, 12, 11:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, etc.
Originally Posted by ceieoc View Post
I have cleared my off my work schedule for the Art Fair Week and should see everyone in Ann Arbor. After all, I work here when I'm not flying.
Do you want to reserve a spot for all 3 main events - OCI, Library talks, and Webers?

Everyone: I'll be back online more starting this week. See all of you a week from Saturday!

Keep me updated on your status so we can make the reservation numbers accurate.
Old Jul 13, 12, 4:41 am

Programs: Delta GM, Hilton
Unfortunately, I found out that I won't be able to go to Cottage Inn saturday night. I'll still be going to the library talk though.
Old Jul 13, 12, 7:03 am

Hi, I live in the area and would like to attend the events. Please put me down the library if not too late.
Old Jul 13, 12, 9:12 am
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
Please count me in for the afternoon library session, and possibly the Cottage Inn session as well - just found out about this, hope I'm not too late!

Possible topics: Best (local) ways to meet minimum spends, with a focus on local retailers and merchants and experiences with them.

If folks are interested, I'd be happy to give a mini-lecture on rental car tips and tricks.

Last edited by dwbf11; Jul 13, 12 at 9:21 am
Old Jul 13, 12, 11:54 am

Hello! I live approx. 45min from Ann Arbor. I am a newbie to this miles and points game and I am interested to join the 1-5pm discussion in Ann Arbor Downtown library so I can learn from the experts.

Can I still join? I am also planning to bring a friend if it is ok. Thank you so much!

You all have a great weekend.
Old Jul 13, 12, 12:15 pm

I'm still game for spending most of the time in Ann Arbor this weekend, but probably will not attend the meal plans. I am forsure coming for the Saturday library talk. Which library is the presentation taking place at?
Old Jul 13, 12, 12:20 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis First
Originally Posted by tcmaes View Post
I'm still game for spending most of the time in Ann Arbor this weekend, but probably will not attend the meal plans. I am forsure coming for the Saturday library talk. Which library is the presentation taking place at?
It's the downtown library. Please see post# 3 for details
Old Jul 13, 12, 2:28 pm

Programs: AA PP/2MM/AC; Marriott LTT; National Car Elite
Originally Posted by gwennrael View Post
Hello! I live approx. 45min from Ann Arbor. I am a newbie to this miles and points game and I am interested to join the 1-5pm discussion in Ann Arbor Downtown library so I can learn from the experts.

Can I still join? I am also planning to bring a friend if it is ok. Thank you so much!

You all have a great weekend.
Hi! Welcome to FlyerTalk!

Hope to see you next weekend.
Old Jul 13, 12, 2:31 pm

Please confirm me for Saturday afternoon (albeit arriving late) and Sunday morning at Weber's ..(and any other Sunday p.m. activities ).

Looking forward to seeing old travel info friends and making new ones......

Search this Thread
Search Engine: