Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

2012 DTW / Ann Arbor Art Fair Do (July 20-22)

2012 DTW / Ann Arbor Art Fair Do (July 20-22)

Old Jun 6, 12, 5:51 am

Programs: Delta (nee NW), Hilton Diamond. IHG (PT)
Originally Posted by GrizShel View Post
Ok - will you be joining Bikeguy and co.?
No, we're going a different direction for a non-Amtrak trip pulled by a steam locomotive on a route that doesn't have regularly scheduled passenger service.

We think nothing of traveling several hundred miles to do this type of thing, but info gleaned from FT comes in handy in the planning process.

Bob H
Old Jun 6, 12, 6:18 am

Programs: AA PP/2MM/AC; Marriott LTT; National Car Elite
Isn't it time to start planning our dinner? Cottage Inn sounds good to me!
Old Jun 6, 12, 4:04 pm

I'd like to attend. Learnt a lot from 2010. I'll be coming from East Lansing.
Old Jun 8, 12, 3:15 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, US - SPG, HH, PC, CC
Long time lurker, first time poster. I would love to attend! And possibly would be bringing a +1.
Old Jun 8, 12, 3:40 pm

Programs: UA 2P, AA LT Gold, Marriott LT Titanium
Attended a few years ago and it was amazing. This year will be in Europe on business class award tix for 4 obtained through the tips and connections I made in Ypsilanti two years ago.
Old Jun 10, 12, 6:19 pm

Smile

I plan to be there for another gathering of the most sharing, caring and wise travel folks that i know. I may be a little late, due to work, so somebody please take good notes .
Old Jun 12, 12, 11:00 pm

Programs: NWA, AC., SWA, AA.,UA, HH
Looking forward to it

I am most thankful for the information I have learned over the years and for those who were willing to share their knowledge
Could I suggest a workshop or demo of how to book an Skyteam partner airlines so we can get a hands on idea of how to book travel if the Delta site doesnt give you reasonably priced award chaices??
Thakn you again
Jerry
Old Jun 14, 12, 7:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, etc.
That's a great area for discussion Jigger, something I have leared a lot about but still have a lot to learn about. Hopefully others will chime in on their interests / knowledge of Skyteam / Skymiles award bookings and other topics.

Last edited by GrizShel; Jun 14, 12 at 7:21 am
Old Jun 14, 12, 7:18 am
Original Poster

Welcome aboard jadecocoa, edotzaue, Jigger, and RadioShow!

And gardener, did you mean to say you are coming again this year?

It would help tremendously if those of you attending the Saturday afternoon get together at the library would post about or PM me about areas of discussion that you would be most interested in talking about - and contributing your own tips on as well. As we have learned in past years some tips are best kept offline and shared in small groups like ours as they tend to quickly disappear once they become more prominent via the internet.

We don't have the "power" speakers coming in but I am confident we can learn a lot from each other as we have in past years.

Last edited by GrizShel; Jun 14, 12 at 7:25 am
Old Jun 14, 12, 7:42 am

Programs: Delta, American
Count me in for dinner. You have me as a maybe but as of now I plan to attend and am looking forward to it. The idea of how to use skymiles is a good one as we all know how challenging they can be but well worth the trouble. Since I am fairly new to points gaming I am open to discussing anything. It will all be educational to me.
Old Jun 14, 12, 7:42 am
Original Poster

Everyone:
Please let me know ASAP more specifically if you plan on attending the following three events:

1. Miles and Points and Best Vacation Ever Discussion Saturday afternoon.

2. Dinner Saturday evening (will probably be at the Original Cottage Inn).

3. Sunday Brunch at Weber's

It's most important that I call the two restaurants to make reservations soon with as accurate a head count as possible. Thanks!
Old Jun 14, 12, 7:45 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by memsrr View Post
Count me in for dinner. You have me as a maybe but as of now I plan to attend and am looking forward to it. The idea of how to use skymiles is a good one as we all know how challenging they can be but well worth the trouble. Since I am fairly new to points gaming I am open to discussing anything. It will all be educational to me.
Great! Is that for dinner only or the discussion at the library and Sunday brunch also?
Old Jun 14, 12, 10:28 am

Programs: AA PP/2MM/AC; Marriott LTT; National Car Elite
1. Maybe
2. Yes
3. Yes

I plan to park @ Briarwood and take the bus downtown. Does anyone know what time the art fair bus stops running? Would there be someone who could give me a ride back to Briarwood after the Saturday dinner?
Old Jun 14, 12, 10:40 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
Yes on all 3 so far....subject to last minute travel plans:-)
Old Jun 14, 12, 7:53 pm

Programs: *wood Gold, HHonors Gold , National Emerald Exec, Delta Silver
Just to let the attendees know, there is a great area to eat called Marks Carts.

LINK

This is an area set up with 8 different carts (more like trailers), selling really good and varying food. Just ate there for the first time last Friday and really enjoyed it. Will be going back.

The other really cool addition to Ann Arbor is Argo Cascades.

This is near M14 to the north of town, off Argo Pond. Was filled with innertubers last Sunday and very fun. Innertubes can be rented for $10, if you don't bring your own. And wear water shoes.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: