Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

2012 DTW / Ann Arbor Art Fair Do (July 20-22)

2012 DTW / Ann Arbor Art Fair Do (July 20-22)

Old Apr 16, 12, 1:34 pm
  #16  
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: TPA/AUS
Programs: AA PP/2MM/AC; Marriott LTT; National Car Elite
Posts: 2,358
I just booked my flights, so I'm in. I kept waiting for AA to drop below $500 but gave up and just booked on DL.
MsEverywhere is offline  
Old Apr 20, 12, 9:44 am
  #17  
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Posts: 308
I'm in. I can't wait!
Frequent Miler is offline  
Old Apr 20, 12, 6:14 pm
  #18  
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Ann Arbor, Michigan
Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
Posts: 2,885
I appoint Frequent Miler as organizer and sponsor, thank you
gpapadop is offline  
Old Apr 20, 12, 8:22 pm
  #19  
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Posts: 308
Originally Posted by gpapadop View Post
I appoint Frequent Miler as organizer and sponsor, thank you
Gpapadop, do you really want to spend the whole time at the Do visiting Office Depot and Staples?
Frequent Miler is offline  
Old Apr 21, 12, 8:22 am
  #20  
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Ann Arbor, Michigan
Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
Posts: 2,885
Of course not...I like Office Max anyway
gpapadop is offline  
Old Apr 22, 12, 6:59 pm
  #21  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, etc.
Posts: 4,210
Welcome aboard MsEveryWhere and Frequent Miler!

Looks like it is time to start the attendee list, some of you told me of your interest quite some time ago, so if I forget to add you or get your status wrong in Post #2, please let me know.
GrizShel is offline  
Old Apr 22, 12, 7:48 pm
  #22  
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 100
I'm pretty sure I'll be joining... Also, if anyone is looking for a place to stay that won't accrue any points or any costs, I have a place on the lake about 25 minutes west of Ann Arbor. I'd also be willing to host the group (up to 20 or so), for a bonfire/hot tub/potluck/miles and points talk one evening if there is interest...
superdrew is offline  
Old Apr 24, 12, 4:39 pm
  #23  
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Ann Arbor
Programs: *wood Gold, HHonors Gold , National Emerald Exec, Delta Silver
Posts: 2,603
Originally Posted by superdrew View Post
I have a place on the lake about 25 minutes west of Ann Arbor. I'd also be willing to host the group (up to 20 or so), for a bonfire/hot tub/potluck/miles and points talk one evening if there is interest...
Just wondering if I can show up on a non DO night.....
Bikeguy is offline  
Old Apr 26, 12, 10:14 pm
  #24  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, etc.
Posts: 4,210
Originally Posted by superdrew View Post
I'm pretty sure I'll be joining... Also, if anyone is looking for a place to stay that won't accrue any points or any costs, I have a place on the lake about 25 minutes west of Ann Arbor. I'd also be willing to host the group (up to 20 or so), for a bonfire/hot tub/potluck/miles and points talk one evening if there is interest...
Sounds wonderful, Maybe Sunday afternoon we could come out there?
GrizShel is offline  
Old Apr 26, 12, 11:05 pm
  #25  
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: TLV now - formerly LAS
Programs: OneWorld Emerald, Star Silver, Virgin Gold, VIP Car Renter, Hotel Elite
Posts: 7,199
I wont know my July schedule until late June. I truly hope to make it again this year.
Mrp Alert is offline  
Old Apr 29, 12, 3:52 pm
  #26  
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 8
Hi, I am new to the FlyerTalk community (as you can see this is my first post), but I would like to attend some of the events during the Ann Arbor Do weekend. Please mark my name down as coming.

Thanks!
tcmaes is offline  
Old Apr 29, 12, 4:16 pm
  #27  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, etc.
Posts: 4,210
Originally Posted by tcmaes View Post
Hi, I am new to the FlyerTalk community (as you can see this is my first post), but I would like to attend some of the events during the Ann Arbor Do weekend. Please mark my name down as coming.
Thanks!
Glad you can make it! Let us know what kind of interests you have for the weekend activities.
GrizShel is offline  
Old May 15, 12, 6:14 pm
  #28  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, etc.
Posts: 4,210
Bump.

Who else wants to come?

Still time to sign up for 138,000 (potentially) Club Carlson points with very modest stay requirements (like 44k to 50k bonus for a single nights stay!) Unfortunately I believe these promos are going to end July 15, so not good for the AAAF week.
GrizShel is offline  
Old May 15, 12, 7:18 pm
  #29  
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Posts: 308
Originally Posted by GrizShel View Post
Bump.

Who else wants to come?

Still time to sign up for 138,000 (potentially) Club Carlson points with very modest stay requirements (like 44k to 50k bonus for a single nights stay!) Unfortunately I believe these promos are going to end July 15, so not good for the AAAF week.
There are no Club Carlsons in Ann Arbor anyway.
Frequent Miler is offline  
Old May 15, 12, 8:32 pm
  #30  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, etc.
Posts: 4,210
The closest Carlson hotel family property appears to be 20 miles from DT Ann Arbor - in Dundee.

If anyone is having trouble finding a good rate for a hotel in AA send me a PM, I might be able to help.
GrizShel is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: