Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

2012 DTW / Ann Arbor Art Fair Do (July 20-22)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2012 DTW / Ann Arbor Art Fair Do (July 20-22)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2012, 1:02 am

Programs: DL GM
I hope to make multiple events. I am the single dad of a 3 1/2 year-old for the summer, so nothing is certain until it happens. Weber is most likely, as I live near-by.

Kudos to those who brave the traditionally sweltering Art Fair weather. Current weekend forecast is "only" 85 on Sat. and 88 on Sun.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 3:08 am
LPM

Nevermind!

Last edited by LPM; Jul 17, 2012 at 3:29 am Reason: cancel this message
Old Jul 17, 2012, 3:45 am

Programs: AA EXP/2MM/AC; UA Silver; AS; DL; Marriott LTT; National Car Elite
Originally Posted by TomLechner
Kudos to those who brave the traditionally sweltering Art Fair weather. Current weekend forecast is "only" 85 on Sat. and 88 on Sun.
After Kenai last weekend, rainy with high in 50s, the heat will feel pretty good!
Old Jul 17, 2012, 6:48 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis First
A friend who is a newbie, mazinb would like to attend the library session if space opens up.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 8:10 am

Programs: Charter Member Delta Diamond Medallion, Lifetime AA Platinum, IHG Diamond, Hilton & Marriott Gold
It's hot, hot, hot in A2

Originally Posted by MsEverywhere
After Kenai last weekend, rainy with high in 50s, the heat will feel pretty good!
The Ann Arbor forecast is for 101 degrees F today.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 9:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, etc.
Wow - didn't anticipate so many last minute "ticket" sales! (before anyone takes me too seriously, nope we aren't giving out real tickets, just name tags, and there isn't any cost - except for your bill for your restaurant meals)

Folks I don't have time to completely update things now, but it looks like we have hit our limit at the library event - but I'll take additional names for the waiting list through 5 pm EDT Wednesday July 18. There may be some folks who at the last minute can't make it so everyone might "clear for their upgrade" by the time we "take off" at 1 PM. But if you don't clear, will you have to sit quietly in the library outside the meeting room and try to read our lips or go to drinks and dinner early with the others who haven't cleared the list. I do encourage you if you haven't signed up yet to get on the waiting list today or tomorro wif you are able to be flexible with not knowing for sure if you will "clear".

Please, please let me know as soon as possible if you find you can't make it to something you've signed up for. (e.g., thanks k2o for letting us know you can't make it, that makes room for someone else!)

Remember details on the venues are on the first page of the thread. I'll update the attendee list some time in the next 2 days.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 3:12 pm

@GrizShel: I will only be attending the library session on Saturday. Thank you for reserving a seat for me. See you this Saturday. By the way, I have a friend who's interested to join if any slot opens up.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 8:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, etc.
Originally Posted by GrizShel
Everyone:
Please let me know ASAP more specifically if you plan on attending the following three events:

1. Miles and Points and Best Vacation Ever Discussion Saturday afternoon.

2. Dinner Saturday evening (will probably be at the Original Cottage Inn).

3. Sunday Brunch at Weber's

It's most important that I call the two restaurants to make reservations soon with as accurate a head count as possible. Thanks!
Some are still asking how to register. It's very simple, post or otherwise let me know which events you will attend; i.e., answer the above post. It's not necessary to do so for Panera, just show up around 11 AM there and look for MidTierStatus and the others.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 10:28 pm

Great to have such a nice crowd. See you Saturday afternoon (late) and on Sunday morning.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 3:58 am

Programs: AA EXP/2MM/AC; UA Silver; AS; DL; Marriott LTT; National Car Elite
I won't attend the library, so if you were holding a seat for me, you can release it.

I will attend Cottage Inn and Weber's.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 10:56 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Hilton Diamond, National Emerald Preferred, SPG Gold
I will be doing Library (and Panera) only. Looking forward to bringing home some great notes to my wife.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 12:19 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, US - SPG, HH, PC, CC
I am reconfirming myself and my +1 for the library, Cottage Inn and Weber's, as requested. Thank you for all the effort you've put into organizing this, I'm really looking forward to this weekend!
Old Jul 18, 2012, 12:49 pm

If there is room at the "Inn "I'm going to abandon my out-of-town guests on Sat. and come by Panera and the Library, space permitting....
Old Jul 18, 2012, 2:23 pm

Programs: United, Delta, American
just learned about the event at the A2 downtown library. If there is a waiting list, can you please mark me down please? Thank you.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 7:15 pm

I sent it earlier since I am planning to come for the Saturday sessions (all sessions), hoping that there is space available

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.