FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyerBeek
next meet-up:

Print Wikipost

The DC Area Happy Hour Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2019, 11:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by mhnadel
... McGinty’s has a much more extensive food menu than Denizen’s FWIW.
I doubt anyone would be averse to sampling the brews at Denizen and proceeding to McGinty’s thereafter
Old Jun 2, 2019, 2:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Well, I'm now actually going to be in the DC area on 05 June now - and actually will be very close to BWI. If it is an option, could we consider the Guinness Open Gate Brewery if we're talking irish?

David
Old Jun 3, 2019, 2:59 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by DELee
Well, I'm now actually going to be in the DC area on 05 June now - and actually will be very close to BWI. If it is an option, could we consider the Guinness Open Gate Brewery if we're talking irish?

David
I'm geographically biased towards this but from the above discussion it seems we're more likely to get critical mass at Denizens/McGinty's... can you swing that?

I've been to that Guinness location with ENOTTY though, and it's definitely worth a visit.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 5:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by Zorak
I'm geographically biased towards this but from the above discussion it seems we're more likely to get critical mass at Denizens/McGinty's... can you swing that?

I've been to that Guinness location with ENOTTY though, and it's definitely worth a visit.
I'll see where I end up at the end of Wednesday now - may perhaps have go down into NVa from BWI before that day is through...blech.

David
Old Jun 3, 2019, 5:38 pm

My schedule is equally in cloudy this week. I do need to make a trip into DC sometime this week, so count me as a maybe for 5 June at Denizens.

Relatedly, Washingtonian just wrote a story saying that Ray's the Steaks in Arlington is closing June 15, so if that's a place you like, better get there soon. No reservations allowed until then.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 6:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ENOTTY
...Relatedly, Washingtonian just wrote a story saying that Ray's the Steaks in Arlington is closing June 15,....
Another go-to place bites the dust. Been happening to us all over. We will need to get there one more time this week. Although we are going to be in VA on the 5th and 6th, trying to get to Maryland after work is a non-starter.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 7:00 am

Programs: united, american, alaska
It turns out I'm not actually free. I had forgotten about the community meeting we are having to find out what fresh hell the Virginia Department of Transportation is trying to foist on those of us who live in the western suburbs.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 3:56 pm

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Having conferred offline, I think jrl767 and I are going to aim for starting ~6:30pm at Denizens Brewing, Silver Spring, and we'll update the thread when/if we move to McGinty's or elsewhere for GrjApp and anyone else potentially arriving later.
GrjApp likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 3:36 pm

Unfortunately will probably be closer to 7pm for me. See you guys in a while, will keep an eye on the thread for updates.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 8:44 pm

... after Denizens we walked in the direction of McGinty's but stopped in randomly at Quarry House Tavern after it popped up on Google Maps -- extensive selection of beers, whiskys, bourbons, etc. -- and agreed it should be the starting point for a future DCHH
kirkwoodj and GrjApp like this.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 9:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
I wholeheartedly second the idea of a return visit to Quarry House ... that said, Denizens was an excellent venue also, with a great outdoor seating area, a nice menu selection, and of course some very good beers
GrjApp and Zorak like this.
Old Jul 7, 2019, 11:47 am

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
And Sam and Harrys gone at DCA..... Grrr....
Old Jul 9, 2019, 9:39 am

Any interest in a co-happy hour with a DC area Facebook churning group? I created the group a few years ago and we usually have meetups once a quarter. Usually get anywhere between 5-20 people in attendance.
Duke777 likes this.
Old Jul 13, 2019, 8:14 am

Programs: AA Ex Plt
I'm up for a cocktail or two -- not much of an organizer but I will join in
Cheers
Originally Posted by dcht
Any interest in a co-happy hour with a DC area Facebook churning group? I created the group a few years ago and we usually have meetups once a quarter. Usually get anywhere between 5-20 people in attendance.
Old Jul 23, 2019, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

mid-Aug lookahead

I'll be in Crystal City Tues 20 - Fri 23 Aug ... over to the locals to start the negotiations as to time and venue

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.