Old Oct 15, 2013, 1:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyerBeek
next meet-up:

Print Wikipost

The DC Area Happy Hour Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2012, 9:15 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 1K, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist, status-free on AA, AS, B6, DL, WN, Amtrak, etc.
Originally Posted by penegal
Thanks gvdIAD for organising a lovely dinner last night.

It was great to meet some more flyer talkers, and I look forward to seeing you all at a do or in an airport lounge soon
Sorry I missed it! But I've been traveling so much that I couldn't turn down dinner at home on Sunday. (It seems that for this month, I've become one of Those People
Old Sep 19, 2012, 12:14 am

Programs: Enough to travel better
Originally Posted by penegal
Thanks gvdIAD for organising a lovely dinner last night.

It was great to meet some more flyer talkers, and I look forward to seeing you all at a do or in an airport lounge soon
Great meeting you and having drinks afterwards. Cheers and happy travels. Until next time!

Greg, thanks for organizing the last dinner. ^
Old Oct 5, 2012, 11:35 am

Programs: united, american, alaska
Taste of DC

Taste of DC is this weekend, including Monday. There are 50ish participating restaurants and food trucks, plus beer and music. It's on Pennsylvania between 9th and 14th. 10 bucks to get in, which includes one drink, plus whatever you spend on tastings.

I am tied up on the weekend itself but thinking of heading down on Monday late afternoon (3ish). Anyone want to come along?
Old Oct 5, 2012, 1:25 pm

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Sounds good, but I'm headed to a meeting in San Diego for the week.
Old Oct 5, 2012, 5:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 2.5MM; HH Diamond; Hyatt Platinum; MR Gold
And I'm in Fukuoka & Tokyo. I'll try to schedule a happy hour/dinner for later this month.
Old Oct 6, 2012, 1:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by gvdIAD
And I'm in Fukuoka & Tokyo. I'll try to schedule a happy hour/dinner for later this month.
Could "later this month" be as early as the 17th or 18th?
Old Oct 6, 2012, 4:59 am

Originally Posted by monitor
Could "later this month" be as early as the 17th or 18th?
For what it's worth, I could do the 18th.
Old Oct 6, 2012, 1:10 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 1K, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist, status-free on AA, AS, B6, DL, WN, Amtrak, etc.
Originally Posted by mhnadel
For what it's worth, I could do the 18th.
As long as it doesn't overlap with any potential Nats postseason games
Old Oct 6, 2012, 5:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It seems that the 18th is good for us and this morning I spoke to GoingAway who thinks that she also may be good for that evening.

The proposal has been for meeting at the Four Sisters on Strawberry Lane in Merrifield but that is, of course, subject to other suggestions.
Originally Posted by DCA writer
As long as it doesn't overlap with any potential Nats postseason games
Unfortunately I do not think we can expect to see much of DCA writer for the next few weeks.

Last edited by monitor; Oct 6, 2012 at 6:35 pm Reason: Looked at National League Playoff Schedule.
Old Oct 7, 2012, 4:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 2.5MM; HH Diamond; Hyatt Platinum; MR Gold
I can try for the 18th, but Thursdays are almost always bad for me; I have a long-standing previous commitment that I already miss too often with travel.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 6:18 am

The proposal has been for meeting at the Four Sisters on Strawberry Lane in Merrifield but that is, of course, subject to other suggestions.
Is this still being planned for the 18th. And, if so, what time?

I am fine with 4 Sisters. If you have not been in that area for a while, it may be unrecognizable with the new Target and the new Angelika Film Center. (I got 2 passes for the latter due to, uh, movie irrops.)
Old Oct 15, 2012, 6:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Four Sisters on Thursday 630PM is definitely on. I will make a reservation when we have a good fix on the size of the group.

This time we are staying at the new Hyatt House which opened this month somewhere behind the Strawberry Lane buildings. I have not looked back there for a while and have not yet even seen the hotel but have noticed that some marketer had creatively named it "The Mosaic District."

Also, there would be no problem doing a pickup at the Dunn Loring Station. Just PM.

Currently participating:

monitor +1
GoingAway
flugvergnugen
mhnadel
Old Oct 15, 2012, 7:25 am

This time we are staying at the new Hyatt House which opened this month somewhere behind the Strawberry Lane buildings. I have not looked back there for a while and have not yet even seen the hotel but have noticed that some marketer had creatively named it "The Mosaic District."
I noticed the Hyatt House when I attempted to go to a movie at the Angelika on the 4th, but it was not open yet. It's tall enough to be pretty visible. There are a lot of new shops in that area opening or about to open as well.

I am not sure about the Hyatt House parking, but i think the best option for others is to park in the parking structure for the Target (which just opened within the past week).

I can also offer a ride if someone needs one, but not sure if I will drive to the West Falls Church metro in the morning or just go back home to Vienna to get my car at the end of the day.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mhnadel
I noticed the Hyatt House when I attempted to go to a movie at the Angelika on the 4th, but it was not open yet. It's tall enough to be pretty visible. There are a lot of new shops in that area opening or about to open as well.....
Quite a lot is projected but let us see how much of it materializes in this economy.

The one that I am most interested is the restaurant promised by the operators of Black Salt from over the river on MacArthur Blvd. ^
Old Oct 18, 2012, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just a bump to let everyone know that we have a reservation tonight at Four Sisters for 630 and they said that they could handle any size group at that hour.

So if anyone else is in the area and wants to drop in, there will be a place at the table.

>>>Note to DCA writer: It ain't easy and you almost always need to have been there before in order to go on. Your time will come.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.