Reload this Page >

Chicago Seminars Oct 12-14, 2012

Chicago Seminars Oct 12-14, 2012

Old Oct 5, 2012, 7:16 am

Brahmin-

Thank you, I used your code.
Old Oct 5, 2012, 12:02 pm

Radisson for free night?

Anyone planning to stay at the Radisson for the 1 for 1 free night promo?
Old Oct 5, 2012, 2:56 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorer, Marriott Titanium, AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, Avis Plus, Hertz PC
In need of a ticket as I did not find these blogs or website until After the seminar sold out. I am local-ish so it would be fine if its last minute. Just PM me with how much and where to meet you. I would be ecstatic to go.
__________________________________________________ ________________
It can't be a midlife crisis.......... I won't make it to be 110
Old Oct 5, 2012, 10:53 pm

yeah, doing radisson 1 for 1 here at the OHare airport hotel
Old Oct 6, 2012, 2:08 pm

Programs: AA ExP
Just a note for first-timers like me: The HI Elk Grove has a complimentary airport shuttle. I wrongly assumed it was far enough away from ORD that it would not.

Could someone provide some details on whether this is an on-demand shuttle or if it runs periodically? Also, whether there is a special seminars schedule?
Old Oct 6, 2012, 2:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by HansGolden
Just a note for first-timers like me: The HI Elk Grove has a complimentary airport shuttle. I wrongly assumed it was far enough away from ORD that it would not.

Could someone provide some details on whether this is an on-demand shuttle or if it runs periodically? Also, whether there is a special seminars schedule?
That was my thought, there will be a good number of us going to it around 4-5PM on Sunday as well, likely overloading it.
Old Oct 6, 2012, 2:51 pm
formerly known as Frugal Travel Guy
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Silver, Hyatt Platinum
Shuttle Service

It runs on a schedule as I recall but we have way too many people coming in to all use the shuttle. IIRC it is about $25-$30 by cab. Double or triple up if you can and save some time waiting for the shuttle.

During the seminars we have a school bus moving people from the overflow hotels to the HI. It runs heaviest pre seminars and then when the seminars are over. There is a gap in the early afternoon.

Don't be afraid to call the hotel for the shuttle info. I think you'll find them very helpful. The bus runs at the end of the seminars to the airport as well on Snday. Seats about 55.
Old Oct 6, 2012, 5:31 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: Hertz 5 star, Priceline Hotel bidder. AA PLT, 1MM.
Originally Posted by harry0233
Anyone planning to stay at the Radisson for the 1 for 1 free night promo?
I booked for one night (Sun nite 10/14@Des Plains by ORD) using Cash & Points. A little pricey ($144 regular, $86.40 plus 5K pts but at least I got my Radisson stay for the free night promo out of the way). I have until 10/14 to cancel. This reservation is a very good use of C & P because I am getting more than a penny/point in the difference between the regular rate minus the cash part. ^

I forgot to book for Sun nite on the Priority Club pointsbreaks special so this Radisson stay will cover me for the free night promo which I plan to use at an expensive Radisson hotel. (like NYC or ?).

Since I needed one more night, this works out for me. And it is close to ORD.

Last edited by chemist661; Oct 6, 2012 at 6:11 pm Reason: added the word "promo" in the thread
Old Oct 6, 2012, 7:02 pm

Programs: AA ExP
Do C&P count for the promo?
Old Oct 6, 2012, 7:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Do C&P count for the promo?
I think so, since C&P earns points:

A "Qualifying Stay" is defined as a minimum one-night stay at a Participating Hotel on a Gold Point eligible rate with a check-in date on or after October 1, 2012 and check out date no later than December 31, 2012. Guest must be present at the Participating Hotel at both the time of check-in and check-out, enrolled in Club Carlson at or before the time of check-in, and registered in the Promotion no later than the time of check-out.

http://www.clubcarlson.com/specialof...fferId=3129203

"Gold Points will be earned on the cash portion of a Points + Cash award night for eligible, paid room rates."

I have an <$70 semi-mattress run/semi-get out of the house for a night room booked at one near my house so I'm all set with the promo
Old Oct 6, 2012, 8:31 pm

Programs: UAL 1MM, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, AA 3MM
WESTIN Northwest Chicago $63

Not far from the host hotel The Westin is offering a $63 AAA rate or 1500 Starpoints/$30 per night C&P.

The Westin Chicago Northwest is a very nice property with free access to the Northwest Health Club attached to the property.

If you book through Big Crumbs you get an additional 2.1% cash back.
Old Oct 6, 2012, 10:20 pm

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
Apologies if this has already been answered....

So the first night at the HI-Elk Grove is nonrefundable. I booked both Friday and Saturday nights there in one reservation, so if I cancel Friday and retain Saturday, does Saturday become the first night?
Old Oct 7, 2012, 8:46 am
Original Member

Location: Highland PArk,IL,USA -- AA Lifetime Platinum, IHG Plat, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Radisson Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
need ticket

I am local so if anyone last minute will be a no show please pm me.
Old Oct 7, 2012, 11:44 am
In Memoriam

Originally Posted by mrpickles
Not far from the host hotel The Westin is offering a $63 AAA rate or 1500 Starpoints/$30 per night C&P.

The Westin Chicago Northwest is a very nice property with free access to the Northwest Health Club attached to the property.

If you book through Big Crumbs you get an additional 2.1% cash back.
Nice find!

I believe the C&P is 1600 pts & $30. If I wasn't doing the Radisson for Sunday nite for the free nite promo, I would have booked this hotel as it is a great rate for a Westin!!
Old Oct 7, 2012, 11:58 am
In Memoriam

Originally Posted by thepla
I am local so if anyone last minute will be a no show please pm me.
I believe the organizers stated that the tickets are non transferable/non refundable. I bought a ticket knowing there is a high probability that I may not attend for medical reasons. I was/am fully aware that my ticket would be non refundable/non transferable and I wanted to secure my place so I took the chance and bought the ticket before they were sold out.

It turned out that I am cleared to attend the conference so the "chips" fell in the right direction.

The conference organizers have alot of things to do and are overwhelmed with all their duties to make this year's conference an excellent value for us attendees. To add to the headaches of having to worry about refunds/transfers, etc would be alot of extra work for the organizers and I agree with the policy of no refunds/transfers.

Bottom line: On my ticket, I decided to buy the ticket and take the chance that I was not able to attend for medical reasons. I fully was/are aware of the no refunds/transfers policy as that is the policy--like it or not.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.