Reload this Page >

Chicago Seminars Oct 12-14, 2012

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chicago Seminars Oct 12-14, 2012

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2012, 1:09 pm

Programs: Delta Plat Kool-Aid Drinker, Hyatt Diamond, SPG GM, Marriott GM, Hilton GM, and Priority Club GM
Originally Posted by Sweet Willie
just a thought, car rentals are usually a "cheap" way to get hits for rentals reserved on weekends. You could get 2, perhaps 3 car rental hits depending upon your travel that weekend.
Yes, if the US AIR GS is going on I will be doing this along with hotel hops.
Old Mar 12, 2012, 9:05 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
I'll be a bit more honest with bfxfd, truth be told, the only 21-25 people that go to that bar (other than if there is an event/convention at the hotel) are people that work at the bar/restaurant. The bar/restaurant and the whole area near the hotel is NOT a 21-25 person destination, nor anyone's age destination for fun as it is a suburban warehouse/factory area. I know, I've lived/worked nearby to this area for nearly 20 years.

SweetWillie, that might be true any other time but during the Seminar Do the hotel bar is basically packed w/ FTers drinking (lots) & of course talking miles/points.

Cheers.
Old Mar 12, 2012, 9:14 am

Looking for charity raffle volunteers & prize items donated

As the Chief Charity Raffle Cheerleader, er, Chair, I'm putting a call out for two things:

1) Volunteers to help me sell raffle tickets. Please note that you will not miss any seminar sessions by volunteering. Charity raffle sales occur in the lobby, eating areas, bar, during registration, meals, breakout sessions, after seminar events are done for the day & everyone is in the bar drinking. (Please further note when they're drinking is a great time to ask ).

2) If anyone has any items to donate for the charity raffle, please PM me with what you'd like to donate (and of course don't forget to bring it with you that weekend).

Cheers.
Old Mar 12, 2012, 12:35 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
SweetWillie, that might be true any other time but during the Seminar Do the hotel bar is basically packed w/ FTers drinking (lots) & of course talking miles/points.

Cheers.
That is what I stated, I'm missing your point
Old Mar 12, 2012, 12:44 pm

That is what I stated, I'm missing your point
Your post that I responded to was:

"I'll be a bit more honest with bfxfd, truth be told, the only 21-25 people that go to that bar (other than if there is an event/convention at the hotel) are people that work at the bar/restaurant. The bar/restaurant and the whole area near the hotel is NOT a 21-25 person destination, nor anyone's age destination for fun as it is a suburban warehouse/factory area. I know, I've lived/worked nearby to this area for nearly 20 years.

bfxfd, if you are looking for a vibrant scene, go downtown, period. (my suggestion would be to either come in before or stay after the seminar and enjoy Chicago as you'll be quite tired/exhausted if you partake downtown then try to commute in the morning to the seminar, plus the commute alone will take a lot of time out of your day)."

I interpreted that to mean you were telling bfxhd that there wouldn't be people in the bar in the age group he asked about & to also consider going downtown, when indeed there will be folk at the bar & closing it down. If I interpreted it wrong, my bad.

On a dif note - we do have 21-25 yr olds that attend the seminar, so I don't think there's any worry. And there are travel nuts of all ages

Cheers.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 7:53 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
If I interpreted it wrong, my bad.
I'm not going to break down your interpretation, you absolutely interpreted my statement incorrectly, go back an read the ENTIRE statement.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 8:07 am

I'm not going to break down your interpretation, you absolutely interpreted my statement incorrectly, go back an read the ENTIRE statement.
Sorry about misinterpreting. Will buy you a drink at the bar at the hotel

Cheers.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 3:39 pm
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
count down clock anyone?

OK how about this we are down to just 252 tickets to go.

How about a guess for a date they are gone. I will buy a beer in the bar for the one who guess the closest to the right date that is if you guess April 1st and it goes to April 2nd you are out and the one who guessed say April 3rd would win!

Bring it on - when they be SOLD OUT?
Old Mar 13, 2012, 3:51 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott Plat LT, HH Gold, IHG Plat, WoH Discvst, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Delta Points
How about a guess for a date they are gone.
Great offer (thanks), but...

If multiple people guess the correct date, how will you determine the winner? Earliest post?

Also, don't you want to cut off guesses once the number of Tickets Remaining drops below some arbitrary number (e.g.,150)?
Old Mar 13, 2012, 7:27 pm
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by jmd001
Great offer (thanks), but...

If multiple people guess the correct date, how will you determine the winner? Earliest post?

Also, don't you want to cut off guesses once the number of Tickets Remaining drops below some arbitrary number (e.g.,150)?
Oh more rules good idea. OK yes to both. You only get to pick one day. If someone had your day then who ever picked that day first gets that day!

Cut off number will be 50! Must guess before then so may be good to wait to guess! Like this. If close between two I will buy 2 beers, maybe 3. Just not get silly about it! Have fun.

EDIT: I will keep a running tab on this POST of attendees picks
MrBalima - July 7
balima - AUG 3
HMPS - Sept 10

Last edited by Renes Points; Mar 13, 2012 at 9:40 pm
Old Mar 13, 2012, 7:32 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Sell out

Originally Posted by Delta Points
OK how about this we are down to just 252 tickets to go.

How about a guess for a date they are gone. I will buy a beer in the bar for the one who guess the closest to the right date that is if you guess April 1st and it goes to April 2nd you are out and the one who guessed say April 3rd would win!

Bring it on - when they be SOLD OUT?
Sept 10.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 9:08 pm

Programs: UA, AA, US, DL, PC Plat, Dollar, Avis, National, SPG, HH Gold, CC Gold
Sold out on Aug. 3
Old Mar 13, 2012, 9:10 pm

Programs: AA,UA,US,DL,PC Platinum,Hyatt,Hilton
She's wrong. July 7th
Old Mar 14, 2012, 7:59 pm
formerly known as Frugal Travel Guy
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Silver, Hyatt Platinum
That is a tough one

I'll buy the second beer for the winner.

it slows down for a bit after the initial rush, but then picks up when the first seminar sells out and those waiting realize they may not get all the sessions they want. I'll ask Howie how balanced the registrations are to date.
Old Mar 14, 2012, 8:16 pm

Programs: AA Ex Plt
In with +1 for the 3rd year

How do I get in on the free rounds of drinks that I see being offered above? Do I need to come as an FD again? The brown face paint wasn't all that much fun to scrub off

Ski - +1 can probably help. I think you two talked about that in LON

Cheers all

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.