Reload this Page >

Chicago Seminars Oct 12-14, 2012

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chicago Seminars Oct 12-14, 2012

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2012, 7:53 pm

Programs: SQ Gold, AF Platinum, AA Platinum (sadly, expiring soon), QR Silver, EK, MU, HU, PR, HO, OZ, KE
Meh, second time in a row that I miss a Chicago DO! Unexpectedly have an overnight layover here as ORD immigration queue and then customs have been the worst I've experienced yet at ORD. Took me 2.5 hours to clear everything, needless to say I didn't make my crazy 1.5-hour connection which my company booked me on... Rebooked on flight departing tomorrow morning at 0816. Now in UA lounge till they close and will be the first one back in once they open at 4 am tomorrow!
SweetWillie, tried to call you earlier but got rerouted to your voicemail. Saw you last year (if you remember) on another overnight stopover just 1 day short of the DO and we went for Chicago pizza.
Have a good time all!
Old Oct 14, 2012, 5:50 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Wow - yesterday was just chock-a-block full of sessions & charity raffle ticket selling. Quite busy & fun!

Charity raffle drawing still just a couple of hours away - still time to buy some tickets!

Cheers.
Old Oct 14, 2012, 6:42 am

Unfortunately, I couldn't make it to this year's DO ( I was there lasy year...), but I believe expertflyer is giving coupon codes for their yearly membership, as they did last year.

I would appreciate if someone can PM me the code.

Many thanks,
Old Oct 14, 2012, 7:28 am

Originally Posted by ehud
Unfortunately, I couldn't make it to this year's DO ( I was there lasy year...), but I believe expertflyer is giving coupon codes for their yearly membership, as they did last year.

I would appreciate if someone can PM me the code.

Many thanks,
ExpertFlyer donated a 1-year subscription to their service to the charity raffle. But AFAIK they aren't providing free codes in general for subscriptions.

Cheers.
Old Oct 14, 2012, 7:45 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ellyse
SweetWillie, tried to call you earlier but got rerouted to your voicemail. Saw you last year (if you remember) on another overnight stopover just 1 day short of the DO and we went for Chicago pizza.
Have a good time all!
Was in the middle of dinner, sorry.

Would have loved to go out for a bite again if I was free.

Next time !

Willie
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
ExpertFlyer donated a 1-year subscription to their service to the charity raffle. But AFAIK they aren't providing free codes in general for subscriptions.
I believe ehud is not looking for free but for discount. I can't recall exactly what was offered last year but I thought it was a discount code to a subscription not a free code.
Old Oct 14, 2012, 7:52 am

Originally Posted by Sweet Willie
Was in the middle of dinner, sorry.

Would have loved to go out for a bite again if I was free.

Next time !

Willie
I believe ehud is not looking for free but for discount. I can't recall exactly what was offered last year but I thought it was a discount code to a subscription not a free code.
Ah, I'll check on that then. ExpertFlyer is currently speaking in a session.

PS - Announcement to come, but we broke a record on charity raffle donations. I think it has something to do w/ taking credit cards this time

Cheers.
Old Oct 14, 2012, 9:22 am

Programs: UA MM, AA PPro
Originally Posted by Sweet Willie
ExpertFlyer was offering 15% discount for new subscribers. Pick up a card at EF table in the sponsors area.
Old Oct 14, 2012, 10:47 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by legalalien
ExpertFlyer was offering 15% discount for new subscribers. Pick up a card at EF table in the sponsors area.
please pick one up for me & I'll get from you at some point. (good excuse for a lunch Do) Thanks.
Old Oct 14, 2012, 2:46 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, HH Gold, SPG Gold, National EC Executive, AA Platinum
Another wonderful and extremely educational conference! Thank you so much organizers and volunteers!
Old Oct 14, 2012, 2:51 pm

Programs: UA 1MM Premier Gold
Haven't tried it yet, but the discount code from EF seminar was FTCHIDO3, good for a
15% discount on a yearly premier subscription.
Old Oct 14, 2012, 5:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA MM/Premier Gold, Hyatt Globalist,Hilton Honors Gold, IHG platinum, Club Carlson Gold
Thumbs up Thanks to all for a great weekend!

Thanks to Rick, Howie and the organizing team, thanks to all the speakers and thanks to Sharon for running the charity raffle. This is our third Do and each year we learn more and more.

Cheers, Mary Anne.
Old Oct 14, 2012, 5:39 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
GREAT JOB

Rick ,!Howie ,Sharon ......other volunteers and presenters:

Thanks for a good seminar. Was surprised to hear about points and Amtrack...will have to try it.Heard positive comments only.

met a lot of participants while working the registration desk Friday 430 to 730.

Impressive amount raised for charities, will let Sharon put out the final number.Got Also meet some folks from last year and two fellow regulars from the very popular and at times quite funny and challenging Question Only thread.
Old Oct 14, 2012, 5:49 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

I enjoyed being at the Chicago Seminars on Friday and today...

...although the tornado warning added a little unexpected twist to the day.

At least we did not have to evacuate. Easy Victor, anyone?!?
Originally Posted by HMPS
Got Also meet some folks from last year and two fellow regulars from the very popular and at times quite funny and challenging Question Only thread.
Are you talking about this thread?
Old Oct 14, 2012, 5:58 pm

I survived the Chicago Seminar Event!

Just arrived home.

The good news! We raised $9,424 for 3 great charities! I think the fact that we were able to accept (mileage-earning) credit cards had something to do with it The #1 card used was the Starwood Amex (which I could never get to swipe properly; thank you Howie for coming to my rescue each time on that one) & the Chase Sapphire card.

A big round of thanks go to my volunteers, the attendees who donated $$, and of course those who donated items for the raffle.

For those who won items that we didn't have the certs on-site or those who won who weren't in attendance but who had donated, I'll send everything out this week.

BTW - another big thanks to Howie for being the 'go-to' guy & who also did the 'bump up for bonus' on the raffle ticket sales. ^

Originally I was going to say I survived the Chicago Seminar Event because I was exhausted running around doing raffle ticket sales & almost losing my voice.

But I think saying I survied the Chicago Seminar Event had more meaning when people started getting messages their flights were cancelled or delayed & beaubo came out of the ballroom holding up his phone which had an alert message: "Severe Weather Alert. Tornado Warning. Get Inside. Watch until 3pm" and then someone else got an "Extreme Weather Alert" message. And then to hear the air warning siren go off & realize it wasn't a test & see everyone heading into the ballroom because it had no windows! But being true FTers, everyone kept talking miles & points anyway

Cheers.
Old Oct 14, 2012, 6:11 pm

Programs: AA GLD (1MM), DL GLD, Marriott Plat, RCL D+, X Elite
Many thanks to the organizers and speakers for making the 2012 Seminars another resounding success. Really enjoyed being with all of you this weekend.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.