Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Chicago Seminars Oct 12-14, 2012

Chicago Seminars Oct 12-14, 2012

Old Jul 2, 2012, 9:59 pm

Programs: UA: 1K, HH: Diamond
Originally Posted by sfsilverbear
any way to find out who is attending from SFO?
thanks newbie here
I was going to be but my husband had a different event come up, so now I've got a ticket but am not going.
Old Jul 4, 2012, 6:27 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold UA CO DL BA SPG Hyatt Hilton Marriott
Bar? You bet.

Originally Posted by Dreamworks
Because I'm a cheap ......., I'm thinking about the 7AM flt from DCA-ORD. Anyone going to be around to play with during the day if I do that? Hot Doug's? Does the hotel have a bar? And what time does it open?
It is a huge bar and tends to be the center of activity between seminars and in the evenings. The food at the hotel is actually really good as well. There are some of us that arrive early to help set up. If Sweet Willie and you get back after Hot Doug's (please bring me the dog with foie gras), come join us!
Old Jul 5, 2012, 8:15 am
Used to be Colonelwes

liked Avios points and low tax-- for a change, just got ticket to Ord and back from ATL for 9000 AVios pts and $5.
Old Jul 5, 2012, 4:00 pm

Ticket Avail?

deirde, Do you want to sell your ticket? What seminars did you sign up for with it?

Originally Posted by deirdre
I was going to be but my husband had a different event come up, so now I've got a ticket but am not going.
Old Jul 5, 2012, 4:25 pm

Programs: UA MM, AA PPro
Originally Posted by Sweet Willie
on Sat or Fri? I'm assuming latter. If so, I should be around and haven't made a hot doug's visit in awhile so that would be good. I can even provide transportation.
I'm inclined to join y'all. Haven't had a chance to taste Hot Doug's duck fat fries in a while...maybe even couple of years now! Always seem to be in the neighborhood during work week.

Last edited by legalalien; Jul 5, 2012 at 4:36 pm
Old Jul 6, 2012, 6:45 am
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by colonelwes
liked Avios points and low tax-- for a change, just got ticket to Ord and back from ATL for 9000 AVios pts and $5.
+1 love this well done!
Old Jul 6, 2012, 10:52 pm

Programs: UA: 1K, HH: Diamond
Originally Posted by bradmodelt
deirde, Do you want to sell your ticket? What seminars did you sign up for with it?
Well, selling is off-policy here, and I can't remember what I signed up for offhand, but I may post a trade as the window approaches.
Old Jul 7, 2012, 8:02 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by deirdre
Well, selling is off-policy here, and I can't remember what I signed up for offhand, but I may post a trade as the window approaches.
for awards using miles/points yes, but a ticket to a seminar isn't. (unless I've missed some sort of T&Cs re: this seminar)
Old Jul 7, 2012, 7:06 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
Finally got me and +1 signed in

got 2 tickets, 54 left. Looking forward to see you all. This is our 3rd time attending, aside from the other seminars in Phoenix.
Old Jul 9, 2012, 11:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Just bought my plane tix, arriving friday evening at 7pm and leaving around 7pm Sundy. I should have another attendee on the same flight. Hoping to share a cab to the hotel as from prior experience even duing slow periods it can be quite a wait for the hourly shuttle.

Looking forward to $5 patron shots friday night at Shelby Campbell's $3 drafts will come in handy for Saturday
Old Jul 9, 2012, 11:09 am

Does any female with a double bed room interested in sharing their Elk Grove Holiday Inn room? I know, it sounds scary to offer to share your room with someone you haven't met. If you PM me I'd be happy to tell you more about myself. I am a professional in a position that requires an advanced degree... I'm just frugal and not that excited about being shuttled back and forth and it would save both of us some money.

I'm registered for the seminar but I need to get the flight and hotel taken care of.

I'm definitely still a nebbie but I've been trying the points game for about 9 months now.

Last edited by KM123; Jul 9, 2012 at 11:22 am
Old Jul 9, 2012, 1:16 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by legalalien
I'm inclined to join y'all. Haven't had a chance to taste Hot Doug's duck fat fries in a while...maybe even couple of years now! Always seem to be in the neighborhood during work week.
quite a ways off still, so let's see what develops. If nothing, the Chicago FT gang could always make an outing to Hot Doug's as you are right, it has been awhile.
Originally Posted by KM123
I'm just frugal and not that excited about being shuttled back and forth and it would save both of us some money...
you might have forgot to list one of the most "important" items about your request, that the other person sharing the room keeps the points
Old Jul 9, 2012, 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by Sweet Willie
you might have forgot to list one of the most "important" items about your request, that the other person sharing the room keeps the points
Good point.... and you keep the points!
Old Jul 9, 2012, 4:14 pm

Programs: UA, SPG, Hilton, Mrt., PC, Hertz
[QUOTE=KM123;18896626]Does any female with a double bed room interested in sharing their Elk Grove Holiday Inn room? I know, it sounds scary to offer to share your room with someone you haven't met. If you PM me I'd be happy to tell you more about myself. I am a professional in a position that requires an advanced degree... I'm just frugal and not that excited about being shuttled back and forth and it would save both of us some money.
QUOTE]
I was amazed at these requests last year and some didn't even request a gender! And wait, did you list YOURs?
Old Jul 10, 2012, 10:12 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Delete..

Last edited by Flying Machine; Jul 11, 2012 at 9:26 am Reason: Delete

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.